The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BorgFace

Mimosa legality

I was told that it is illegal to purchase mimosa rootbark in Australia, is this true?

I tried googling it but all I could see was that it's a weed and may be illegal if consumed.

Can anyone verify this?

I believe the plant mimosa hostilis is legal to grow in Australia but the rootbark would be considered a DMT preperation and would therefore be illegal....

:P

Yeah, this is a fuzzy area in the states as well. On the one hand MH root bark has DMT, a controlled substance in it. On the other hand, so do you. And their are several other uses for the bark. I don't know about australia, but in america, large quantities of it are imported every day and used to make cosmetics like lipstick. It's high tannin content makes it ideal for tanning leathers. It's used in a soft drink. And other uses I can't think of off the top of my head.

Bottom line, is it being stopped at your borders by customs? Do the custom agents even know what the hell it is?

I personally would think the only way they could possible hold you controlled substance charges in relation to the MHRB would be if you have other evidence supporting that theory at your house. I.E. Extraction teks, links on your computer to dmt world, lab equipement exc. But beats me.

I have it in writing from the TGA that any herb that contains an S9 substance is deemed to be that substance and hence illegal to possess, sell, manufacture or consume.

What about the Acacia's? Is Acacia foilage readily for sale in australia? I mean really, the feasability of outlawing a plant or its parts because it may contain some minute amount of DMT is silly, I don't see how it could possibly stand, their are literally thousands of plants that contain measureable amounts of dmt. Not to mention the animal kingdom.

again I ask, is it being stopped at your borders by customs? Do the custom agents even know what the hell it is?

customs have confiscated plant material that contained an S9 substance on the basis of this law. In my case this has been in regards to ibogaine, ephedrine, LSA and harmaline. These were all small, personal imports, so not related to the fact that I run SAB.

People have been prosecuted for possession of similar materials under state drug laws too. These laws are certainly for real. However, they are applied randomly and require the authority to be aware of the substance in the first place, which in the case of DMT they don't appear to - yet. Basically it would probably be quite safe to trade these items on a private basis for the time being. It is certainly not OK to do so publically or as a business.

The other issue to consider is what to do when things go wrong. Imagine person A sells some acacia bark to person B. Person B then makes and extract and somehow gets himself arrested. On his computer they find emails relating to the deal and next thing you are being hauled off to jail as a drug supplier.

Or, how about if you supply someone with caapi bark, they make an ayahuasca brew and die for some reason. The trail leads back to the caapi supplier (whether individual or business) and they get fried.

Or, imagine a 15 y.o. gets some caapi bark, makes ayahuasca, and gets busted by his parents while tripping and projectile vomitting. The media and authorities will crucify the supplier.

Btw, the latter scenario is the most common one that gets plants into trouble.

Why is everyone here so unhelpful?

Has a new member ever got a chance of getting in the loop?

Is this site a secret club and i just dont know about it?

Why is it sooooooo hard for new members to "Break on thru"?

Your no the only one willbe, they obviously havent been reading the above thread about how it is illegal and what he is asking is incriminating to himself. we dont disccus illegal activities on this board and that includes asking people where to source something that is illegal i.e MHRB

Has anyone ordered any MHRB in Australia from any online stores?

Has it got to you?

Where did you order it from?

Are there any supplies of MHRB in Australia?

[this did not need to be here. mod]

Thanks

Did you even read the thread before you posted those questions? Firstly they were already answered above, and secondly some of them were incriminating. I doubt you'll get a reply to the rest of them as people would have to incriminate themselves publically.

Someone PLEASE tell me the secret handshake PLEASE. I just dont get why it has to be this way!

Dont mean to offend anyone but the "Entheogenic" community is the most eleitist i have ever come across, I know that certain things discussed are illeagal. But so is MJ and the people involved in the "MJ communities" are always willing to help a like minded person out (and they recieve alot more heat form the boys in blue). How does someone with NO contacts and is NOT and Ex- uni student get into this community? PLEASE someone help a fellow out here!

New people are not welcome on any of the trips organized, you just have to have a look thru the "NSW Camping Trip" thread to work that out!

So how does one get started in a community like this one? I've been told to get "actively  

" involved in the forrums! How does one do this when they have nothing to add because no one will give them a leg up? It's just so frustrating to a newbie! I realise that this site is part of a legit business and that there are members involved in serrious research in Entheogenic Plants, but on the other hand there are many regular members who use the "FOAF" approach to disscuss many illeagal activites then tear a New member apart because they mentioned something illeagal.

"Stands back and puts fire blanket on & gets readdy to be burnt"

"Your no the only one willbe, they obviously havent been reading the above thread about how it is illegal and what he is asking is incriminating to himself. we dont disccus illegal activities on this board and that includes asking people where to source something that is illegal i.e MHRB"

But there are so many Illegal activites disscussed on this board, That is a fact!

Did you even read the thread before you posted those questions? Firstly they were already answered above, and secondly some of them were incriminating. I doubt you'll get a reply to the rest of them as people would have to incriminate themselves publically.

Sorry Torsten but i have re-read and still do NOT see answers to my "ILLEGAL QUESTIONS"

I don't have any direct input into the running of this forum but IMO the 'elitism' serves an important purpose. That is, to ensure all discussion has at it's basis a vibe of scientific research and mature speculation rather than the bragging and silliness displayed on many fora associated with drugs (or many fora in general).

How does someone with NO contacts and is NOT and Ex- uni student get into this community? PLEASE someone help a fellow out here!

New people are not welcome on any of the trips organized, you just have to have a look thru the "NSW Camping Trip" thread to work that out!

cisumevil, you were invited to come to the perth meet a couple of weeks ago and I expected to see you, but you didn't show up. Most people when starting out in the field and in the community have heaps of questions, but usually these have been asked before and answers can be found in the board archives or elsewhere on the internet. With these resources, plus the (hopefully more regular) local meets, you have access to all the information and plant resources you should need. What more do you want?

I don't have any direct input into the running of this forum but IMO the 'elitism' serves an important purpose. That is, to ensure all discussion has at it's basis a vibe of scientific research and mature speculation rather than the bragging and silliness displayed on many fora associated with drugs (or many fora in general).

cisumevil, you were invited to come to the perth meet a couple of weeks ago and I expected to see you, but you didn't show up. Most people when starting out in the field and in the community have heaps of questions, but usually these have been asked before and answers can be found in the board archives or elsewhere on the internet. With these resources, plus the (hopefully more regular) local meets, you have access to all the information and plant resources you should need. What more do you want?

I know i missed that meeting creach and i really, really wanted to come as i realise that is the only way that one can ever be included in a community like this, But unfortunatly i got tired up with the kids and it was just not possable for me to attend. I do hope that there will be more regular meetings organised in the future as there will be a better chance of attending these. Just out of intrest how many meets have Perth had in the last 2 years? I think its just been the latest one! And yes the internet and these boards are great for information, i have 10+ A3 lever arch files full of printed infomation from the Web equalling 1000s of pages (more info than i can handle) but i can not say the same for plant resources!

We try our hardest to welcome and include newbies here, but we also expect a certain amount of effort from newbies. If you want people to tell you where to buy drugs then maybe you better stay on the cannabis forums. The questions you were asking were directly incriminating yourself and others who might answer. Maybe if you had asked one of them in a different context then you would have gotten answers, but to ask all of them in the context you did does not indicate any thought or caution.

For example:

Almost any supplier overseas will ship to australia, so why ask about specific suppliers which would incriminate anyone answering? IF anyone actually orders MHRB from overseas and gets it through then this is not due to the supplier or the purchaser, but simply because customs hasn't clued on what is going on. However, i is still illegal and anyone stating they have done so would be incriminating themselves as well as possibly alerting the authorities to what's going on.

If you want to import illegal things then by all means do it, but don't ask people to incriminate themselves. There is no secret hand shake here. I presume most poeple don't actually order MHRB from overseas and there is actually none in Oz. People around here look for safer alternatives that don't involve customs or other high risk behaviour.

I think it is ridiculous that you claim to not be let into the community. You have been welcomed and according to creach invited o the local meetings. I am not sure what you expect from the community, but I think you have a bit of the wrong idea. You obviously think there is some sort of established MHRB importation and supply scheme :rolleyes:

You've been here a month. I've just checked all your previous posts, and you've had plenty of your questions answered and have been treated with respect and friendship, as well as being invited to the regional meeting. What else do you want????

unfortunatly i got tired up with the kids and it was just not possable for me to attend. I do hope that there will be more regular meetings organised in the future as there will be a better chance of attending these. Just out of intrest how many meets have Perth had in the last 2 years? I think its just been the latest one!

No problem, I thought something like that would have happened, but I was surprised that neither you or any of the other newbies who sounded really keen showed up. This was the only meet for about a year but before that we were having them every three to six months and getting good turnouts. I would like to have meets every three months to trade seasonal plants and cuttings. There are also other meetings going on in perth which are more geared towards discussion of consciousness and spirituality but there are a few plantheads involved, I can let you know about these if you want.

but i can not say the same for plant resources!

Use the seedring and buy from SAB, grow some quick annual crops, harvest seed and herb and trade these with others. Sporeprints are always a hot item. Come to the meets and have plants, cuttings, and preparations given to you. The fastest way to build up your ethnobotanical garden.

People are willing to help and overall this community is very generous, you just have to approach it in the right frame of mind.

Torsten & creach you are both right, i've tried many different aproach's and just dont get any results so am just getting frustrated (no excuse i know).

And Torsten i just dont want people to tell me how to score drugs, thats NOT what im about! If that was the case i could go to many sources to just get drugs.

Buddy I hear your frustration over this and I also understand both points of view so don't think I'm being patronising here.

This is a community that has grown through many phases.We have all had to learn to be patient and to firstly gain trust via our input and obviously intentions.If you chose to grow an illegal substance from a legal seed then that's a different thing and obviously totally up to you.

This magical world of ethnobotany is somewhat a nieche and somewhere the public can come to learn about the historical uses of plants, some legal, some not but no-one is going to compromise the whole community's research by blatantly making deals in the already scheduled substances in a public forum for fear of drawing even more attention and potentially losing more plants for our research.

We have already lost SD and Mitragyna because of hype and although many members here know these plants pose no real threat there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it now...so understand that most folks here will seem to be precious about their community and their plants.

Make friends,take it slow and I'm sure you'll not only reap what you sow but actually gain a whole lot more than you thought.

Peace.

Being a newbie to the Corroboree I just wished to say that I have recieved nothing but friendly and positive input to my posts. Having acess to MS Smith and so many other bonafide experts on cactus morphology has made my knowlege grow by leaps and bounds.

With thanx and respect,

WR

As people go through this growth phase in this community their contributions change

roles are passed on and the archives are ever expanding.

its like any society. If you want 'in' then you have to become engaged

take on a responsibility, engage in some leading edge research, study hard and build up a body of contributions

the more you put in the more people will trust and respect you

and when they trust you thats when you hear the things not everybody gets to hear and maybe become more open to personal involvement

we all want to help but put yourself in our shoes. what would you expect from somebody if you were put put yourself on the line?

i would expect co-contribution of effort, of information, of risk

i dont mind that it can be a little elistist, so long as its an elitist meritocracy

where ones own actions and accomplishmnets dictate your position, not some schedule beyond your influence.