The Corroboree
apothecary

Sydney Meet

Sunday? bummer, not a great day for me. I put my hand up for a Saturday, although if more people can make in on a sun I suppose I can wangle something.

Besides, i was kinda hoping we could all go for a few drinks (or something) after... it'd be dissapointing if everyone piked out early because of work commitments. ;)

Hmm...well I think we're gonna have to go with the 26th then, because it seems like a good enough date, and I will be ultra busy (esp. on weekends) as soon as December starts.

I don't mind shuffling dates, but if you're busy Trip Dr, then you're busy ;)

Let me put it this way.

The only other person who said a date before I began organising was wandjina, and the dates she gave where "anywhere between nov/dec".

The reason I put it up so early is so that we could get as many people as possible into the deal ;)

So that's essentially the only rule I'm putting down for this meet.

"Everyone has to agree to meet on one day".

;)

Hell, I'm sure nobody would be against the 27th, it may even be better, probably less pesky staff walking around at the RBGS on a Sunday ^_^

hay guys im new to the forum but have been into psychadelics for 8 years and i will definetly come and trip out maybe read some castenada to people...alright :)

hay guys im new to the forum but have been into psychadelics for 8 years and i will definetly come and trip out maybe read some castenada to people...alright :)

um... thats your first post dude, maybe your a bit too new ya know. im not organising it, only attending, so i dunno but yeah, all the people mentioned attending are at least familiar with each other.

might be a bit intimidating for the socalphobic like myself.

see what apo and wandjina thinks.

wandjina - ive heard about and seen some of your art and am hoping to see some more if you can make it.

I doubt anyone will be tripping, we are just meeting up for some seed trading and such, and to get to know some faces.

The issue of newbies is a difficult one, but please consider this:

The meet is for people to come together, get to know one another, and relax. If you think turning up will make others uncomfortable, then it may be a bad idea.

I don't mind so much for the camping trip, for example, because the groups can be separated without too much difficulty or stress.

However if we have to split up the meet into people who are comfortable with newbies and those who aren't for the short few hours that we are all around it sort of ruins the point.

the last thing i was thinking of was to ostrocise people, i was learning more towards the

been into psychadelics for 8 years and i will definetly come and trip out

comment.

i can deal with being a little shy, but i was intimidated by the post alittle as i knew that wasnt the purpose of the meet.

i couldnt agree more with you apo that it would ruin the day and defeat the purpose.

my "maybe you a little too new" comment was about how he didnt understand thats not what a meet is. (in its entirity)

the last thing i was thinking of was to ostrocise people, i was learning more towards the

comment.

i can deal with being a little shy, but i was intimidated by the post alittle as i knew that wasnt the purpose of the meet.

i couldnt agree more with you apo that it would ruin the day and defeat the purpose.

my "maybe you a little too new" comment was about how he didnt understand thats not what a meet is. (in its entirity)

ok thats cool got the wrong idea my bad. :huh:

so do we have a date yet?

wandjina - ive heard about and seen some of your art and am hoping to see some more if you can make it.

I've atually got a few i did before the thesis stress set in, (actually i should be working on it right now...groooannnnnn. ahhh, procrastination)

I'll bring a few along...but they're exxy, and as centrelink have just screwed me royally I'll be leaning towards $ over trade, you see I've become accustomed to the glamourous lifestyle only the single-parent pension can afford

:rolleyes:

I may do a few smaller ones to swap eh? Unless anyone's cashed up

26th is great for me, I'll be there with bells on!

I'd love to secure some of your art Wandjina!

But, alas, I'm going to be one of those people who can't afford to pay for one. Maybe you should bring some smaller works that you would be willing to trade for. :)

Maybe we could trade baby products?

Like, 100 tins of Heinz banana custard baby food, for one painting?

50 disposable nappies for a small print?

:lol:

I've atually got a few i did before the thesis stress set in, (actually i should be working on it right now...groooannnnnn. ahhh, procrastination)

I'll bring a few along...but they're exxy, and as centrelink have just screwed me royally I'll be leaning towards $ over trade, you see I've become accustomed to the glamourous lifestyle only the single-parent pension can afford

:rolleyes:

im savin up some cash now. i think its an investment. buy it cheap before Wandjina gets famous id say. ive only seen two but, i think minerval showed me the first one i saw and i was enthralled. and dont worry, an ex-girlfriend of mine was a single parent for quite a bit. and as much as people think its easy on the single parent pension its not! as most here would know anyway.

im on the disability pension myself, but im still thinking its a worthwild investment. any idea one average cost of what youll be bringing down?

26th is awesome, ill just have to find my way there somhow. being from newcatle im not THAT familiar with sydney. can anyone tell me what train station to get off at?

A link to the last Sydney meet thread, including some good instructions for parking etc by T (as well as some more commendations on wandjinas art ;))

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=6865

I have drawn a little green line for your viewing convenience.

Sydneysiders would be best to catch the train to Town Hall, and follow the green line to the giant chess board :)

Non sydneysiders, your job is only slightly more difficult if you are catching the train. Hop on at Newcastle, the train goes from Newcastle -> Hornsby -> Central, at which point you will have to get off and switch trains for one going to Town Hall. It's only one stop, so don't get comfortable and fall asleep!

Any complaints? Yes? No? How about we pick a time? :)

on the northern line from horsby ive just found too. thanks heaps apo :D :D

No worries mate. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, if you hop on the Newcastle train you don't actually have to get off at Hornsby at all, it just stops there to pick up more passengers and switch to the "city" tracks.

So you just get on and go until it stops (Central is the final stop for the Newcastle train) and then switch for Town Hall.

It's also been brought to my attention that this meet may possibly attract some unwanted scrutiny from various sources, as a few people recieved PM's or something (even though I didn't, so I'm not 100% on what went down) however let's not get further into that.

Do not bring anything illegal along if it worries you! We will all be in a public place, and it is the city on Saturday so there may very well be cops around. Treat this as you would any other outing, and go only as far as you would be willing to go in any other situation.

I will be bringing some legal smoking mixes along that many of you have probably never tried before, so if you feel like getting a lil twisted there will be something.

Personally I think meeting this many new faces and seeing the cactus garden at RGBS together should be trippy enough. Why do I get the feeling some garden staffer is gonna walk in to the alcove and see a group of huddled randoms mumbling in hushed tones about pretty spines and trying to rub the T. scop? :D :wub::lol:

Yeah, if I'm free I'll definitely come down... chance that I might be in Jakarta then (uncle's wedding) so we'll see how it goes.

Would be nice to meet some of the Sydney scene, only really met a couple from the coast and a few from Newcastle\Hunter earlier this year and am always keen to meet new plant heads :).

Maybe we could trade baby products?

Like, 100 tins of Heinz banana custard baby food, for one painting?

50 disposable nappies for a small print?

i didn't know you were a parent benz :) !!

but don't know if my 5 year old would be interested...she's more of a chips and broccolli kid (no, really, she loves brocolli)

(unless of course the heinz and nappies are for 'personal' use...not that there's anything wrong with that ;) )

i'll bring along some smaller pieces, i dont do prints though, only originals...sure we can work something out

i think its an investment. buy it cheap before Wandjina gets famous id say

actually i'm in the process of staging my dissappearance...so

everyone should definately buy now, NOW!!!!

btw, is minErval coming along? tell him I've still got the pink and orange

heart artwork if he's interested.

Dunno. Doubt it!

Haven't heard from him since I saw him up at Byron, he said get in contact and gave me some details but never heard back from him.

If he is still living up that way, then probably not! :P

he was still here in newcatle last i saw him. bout some months ago now, said he was moving to mullim

Synchonicity huh, I heard from minerval not two days ago, mentioning he would be in the area (on his way somewhere else) sometime soon and was interested in meeting up, however I'm going camping up nearer to him this weekend so hopefully we will still be able to meet up just not in Sydney.

So howsabout we pick a time?

I think 1PM-2PM should be ideal, it will be quite hot by the end of November and there is nothing as good as a cool stroll through the gardens ;)

I am quite looking forward to visiting the cactus garden at RGBS again, last time was a hoot, and I don't have dirty thoughts about all those columnar cacti all the time at all :innocent_n:

The Brugmansia are also a beautiful sight and I hope they are in flower by then.

And let's just get this straight, once and for all, like I said the first time.

All are welcome!

That means you, yeah you reading this right now, if you can make it to Sydney on the 26th of November, I'd love to see you there.

Oh right, I forgot to mention too, Cyjack won't be coming, but he has generously sent me a fair chunk of seed for some very beautiful (tentatively id'd as Papaver laciniatum) poppy.

You wanna get your grubby lil' poppy lovin' paws on some of this?

poppy2.jpg

poppy1.jpg

I advise you turn up. It won't be the only free seed given away that day :)

The Brugmansia are also a beautiful sight and I hope they are in flower by then.

The B. Versicolour were in flower last weekend when I made a visit to the RBGS. Don't know if they'll still be going in a months time?

Damn they are spectacular though, aren't they?

so it's 1PM, 26/11 at the chess board right? cool :)

one q...why isn't syd meet listed in upcoming calender events?

Amulte...just noticed you asked about how much I charge for my art....will be bringing pieces $30 and up.

There ya go! :)

Was just waiting on a time :wink:

Um, T if you read this, how are we supposed to edit calendar entries? I almost never get my posts right the first time around and this entry was no exception :(

sweet, thanks for that apo!

oh, and cheers for the free ad....nice to be in-famous :D

(remember the 'three amigos') heheh