The Corroboree
cisumevil

Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea) 

Hi Everyone just wondering if any of you well educated & knowledgable people have experienced any of the same effects from Alcohol (Beer Vs Spirts) combined with  Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea)  or is it just my FOAF.

A FOAF was telling me that he has been smoking 2-3 cones of  Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea) from a water bong after work with 2-3 cones of MJ and 3-4 cans of Black label Jim Beam pre-mixed cans. The effects were very pleasant, hard to explain no visuals just very pleasant (you could really tell something other than MJ and Alcohol was at work).

This is were it gets interesting...........

My FOAF was telling me how he was really looking forward to going home to enjoy his new relaxation method but that unfortunately when he arrived home his wife had drunk all the black label Jim Beam from the fridge and was only left with Crown larger beer. My FOAF is not a beer drinker at all and really dislikes the stuff but chugged down 1 Crown larger followed by 2/3s of another. Then had his usual 2-3 cones of MJ and 2-3 cones of  Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea) Note; The MJ and  Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea) are never mixed always smoked separately. Well my FOAF found out that for some reason he had effects that were a lot stronger that when used with the Bourbon. He went to sleep or tried too about one hour after taking the above and experienced very vivid CEV (Closed Eye Visuals). The CEVs started off with purple mists or glows that morphs into many, many objects of different colours and textures and eventually many random landscapes appeared in my head. These CEVs lasted about 30mins when my FOAF drifted into a heavy peaceful sleep waking up 6 hours after with a hangover that lasted 3 hours.

My Question is has any one else noticed more effects when used in combination with beer? Or could this just be a case of getting more exposure of  Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea) in my FOAFs system so therefore getting more advanced effects?

Thanks for any replies

ps; My FOAF is starting to get the hang of beer.......

Maybe u'r FOAF consumed the beer faster? coz u'r FOAF doesn't like it as much?

Bloody interesting though mevil, Nymphaea caerulea extract drew me into space when I tried it on a psychedelic journey. You've re-sparked my interest.

I like beer coz I can't taste the alcohol

Could just be the beer getting you drunker.

It happens to me and some people I know, when you drink one kind of alcohol for a while (in this case JB) and then switch, your tolerance is greatly diminished.

This would leave ample room for the lovely lotus to kick your ass ;)

I fckin love Lotus.

you could also be getting used to the BLWE, it takes a couple of goes to fully realise effects. One thing i wanted to try was to soak the extract in alcohol again and drink, someone was going to try it out. It could be that you aren't used to beer.... ;) It sounds pretty pleasant though CSE.

It occurs to me that alcohol is a depressant, and so may naturally inhibit some of the finer effects of psychedelic compounds. The J&D would have been a higher alcohol dose than the beer - so perhaps the effects were more pronounced because there was alot more 'brain' available to process the changing information on the second try.....? Perhaps it could be tried without the alcohol completely... to see if there is a further increase in noticable activity?

Lotus is one interesting element. B)

A lilly tincture is pretty interesting as well, i've just had 3 shots of a vodka N. caerulea homemade tincture which is V relaxing, pretty pleant taste too. I relaly don't know why the beer would pronounce the N.c. effects more, more research is needed.... B)

Thanks for the replies, I will try just the Lotus (smoking) by its self in the near future and report, I also have a bottle of Vodka that has been steeped with 4gms of Blue Water Lilly Extract for 2 weeks now that i will test soon also.

Was just thinking as i read all your replies this morning, That didn't the Ancient Egyptians like Beer and Blue Water Lilly?

I think it was wine they used it with.

Hi Jack, Yeah i know it was wine that they steeped Blue Lotus in not beer. But i was just thinking that the Ancient Egyptians were one of the first cultures to brew beer (i think).

"Legend teaches that Osiris taught humans to brew beer. In keeping with this idea the Egyptians often used beer in religious ceremonies and as the meal-time beverage. Because of the prevalence of beer in the Egyptian life, many Egyptologists have studied beer residue from Egyptian vessels. For a very long time it was thought that the Egyptians made a crude beer by crumbling lightly baked, well-leavened bread into water. They then strained it out with a sieve into a vat and the water was allowed to ferment because of the yeast from the bread. It has been thought that the Egyptians flavored the beer with date juice or honey, because the straining method would not give much flavor.

Recently, these traditional views have been challenged through the use of microscopic evidence. In 1996 Delwen Samuel from the University of Cambridge found that the Egyptians seem to have used barley to make malt and a type of wheat, emmer, instead of hops. They heated the mixture then added yeast and uncooked malt to the cooked malt. After adding the second batch of malt the mixture was allowed to ferment. In the analysis Samuel did she found no traces of flavorings.

Samuel and her colleagues tried brewing the beer using the recipe derived by the analysis. They brewed it at a modern brewery and found the beer to be fruity and sweet because it lacked the bitterness of hops."

I must be of egyptian descent then, beers always on tap here :D

Blue lotus goes very well with beer...in fact I have added around 10g to an 18L home-brew keg a few times and it pretty well does the same as with a bottle of red only you get more ;).I use a pale ale myself and the aroma ends up quite sweet with an almost blueberry hint to it as with the wine.

If you check out the archives you'll find some interesting threads about lotus in particular some with Darklight,Rev and t st tantra.

Here I found them ;)

Thanks for the links mescalito :)

I find that effects are more profound if in a quiet and calm enviroment with only oneself as company. More tests to do!

I'd agree there mate, I remember a few times being a bit short of the ganja I'd have a few cones of T's lovely Lotus, sit back down to the chat and find myself thoroughly inebriated (you can ask the other chatters if you don't believe me :P).

hey apoth was that while under the effects of ganja or just on its own?

coz i've never really experienced anything from it, but i dont think ive tried it with the green

i got mine from happy high herbs but i think they buy from SAB, its not in the original bag so i cant tell.

is there any degradation over time? maybe this stuff is a bit old?

anyways ill go try some more now :)

The times I just described were just lotus smoked out of my regular billy, which means there may have been some cannabinoid ingestion just from the resin.

The times I just described were just lotus smoked out of my regular billy, which means there may have been some cannabinoid ingestion just from the resin.

sorry havent readsds the whole thiung yet but apoth was that normal lily or xtract?

cheers

Straight SAB lilly hombre.

If you look a little back there is a post by me (or possibly a whole thread) asking what the best way to smoke the stuff is and T recommending stamens (if I remember correctly), so I still smoke the straight herb, but try and have as much stamen in each cone as possible.

Straight SAB lilly hombre.

If you look a little back there is a post by me (or possibly a whole thread) asking what the best way to smoke the stuff is and T recommending stamens (if I remember correctly), so I still smoke the straight herb, but try and have as much stamen in each cone as possible.

shit stamens wouldnt of thought theyd be the better part to smoke! cheers bro :D

I just got some of this from sab, will be making a vodka extract soon and will make sure a report is given ;)

After a fair bit of experimenting in the last few weeks IMHO i really think beer ads to the CEV effects of this teacher!

I tried smoking a few cones of Blue Water Lilly Extract by it's self just before going to bed, effects were noticed in the form of CEVs, these were more like patterns and framework with not much color. (Note; No strong effects seem to be noticed in a busy enviroment, its only when i'm by myself in a quite enviroment that CEVs can be obtained for any length of time!)

Effects with Bourbon and Blue Water Lilly Extract were hardly noticable!

But effects with 2-3 Crown larger beers were alot like Blue Water Lilly Extract by its self but alot more colorful and CEVs took on more of an organic/natural/living feel to them!

Im all out now and will have to order some more to continue! Im also quite enjoying the taste of the smoke now and at 1st i thought it was YUK!

Still waiting for the right time to try this one out, Its about 1 month old now but i dont have the balls to try it. Maybe tonight when i finish at 10pm and go home to a sleeping house.

1 x Bottle of vodka

1 x 20ml bottle of Absinth Essence (Absinthe is a wormwood-flavoured aperitif woven into many legends, and was the favourite drink of the artistic set in Paris in the 1800's. Ingredients: Natural aromas of 22 herbs including aniseed, wormwood and citric acid.)

4 x grms of Blue Water Lilly Extract (Nymphaea caerulea)

The essence of Nymphaea caerulea flowers has been extracted and then added to the potent flower stamens of the same species. Extremely fragrant. There is evidence that Nymphaea may have been employed as an hallucinogen in both the Old and New Worlds (Plants of the Gods, Schultes and Hofmann, 1992).

16 x HBWS (LSD-like effects, but less intense, with less visuals. Trip lasts 6-8 hours; tranquil feelings may last additional 12 hours. Sleep is deep and refreshing after trip, however some users may experience a hangover characterized by blurred vision, vertigo, and physical intertia. Seed pods contain 4-6 seeds. Seeds are removed from pods and fungus-like coating is scraped or flamed off (author recommends scaping as much as possible and flaming the rest, as the coating can be thick and it's easy to end up turning the whole seed into a chunk of carbon if you just flame it). 4-8 seeds are chewed on an empty stomach (to minimize nausea). Seeds sold commercially are generally already removed from the pods. The seeds themselves resemble small chocolate chips, but are hard as rocks and have the coating mentioned above.)

i wonder if you made a beer and added lotus, would it be better to add the dry flowers before or after the fermentation?

Im not to sure what order to do it in Bacchant, But i think you could get some intresting results.

Going to have to dust off the beer brewing kit!

I've mentioned this before in other threads but I have had success by adding them after fermentation.

I used 15g to an 18L keg in a stocking.

Nice effects are felt after even a couple of schooners....hmmm it's that time of year again :saufen2:

Ok Ive had some lily vodka sittin for a week and just tried some today :saufen2: its great! Seems to give a lot of energy and desire to run around n stuff woo! :wub::lol: