The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hofmann

Mushrooming in Melbourne

Hello -

This is my first post. I'm hoping some members might be able to give me some advice.

I'm a Melbourne guy in my late 30s who would like to have, for at least once in his life, a rich, safe, and controlled psychedelic experience.

So which way should I go - LSD, mushrooms, or cacti?

I tend to be afraid of street drugs such as LSD. Or should I not be? I've read that that LSD is so cheap and powerful there would be no point in adulterating it. Still, the idea of using completely a pure and natural hallucinogen appeals to me.

Peyote is readily available but it's expensive. Also, it seems a pity to destroy such a slow-growing plant.

Mushrooms are free for the picking but I don't know where to find them, which ones to look for, and how to tell them from dangerous types.

Here are some questions.

Which mushrooms are the easiest to safely identify? (eg, are Blue Meanies less likely to be mistaken for a dangerous type than Gold Tops?)

Where in Melbourne should I go to find mushrooms?

The Nicholas Gardens? Any farm with lots of cow pats?

What kind of day is best for mushrooming? A sunny day after a wet day, or what?

Ideally, I'd like to go mushrooming with an experienced gatherer but I don't know any.

If anyone wants to respond privately, my email is:

[email protected]

Thanks for reading my post.

I am very sorry but, there is no such thing as a mAgiCmUshRoom, it is just a myth, sorry you have been mislead, drugs are very very bad for you and you should just keep eating Mc Donald’s and the rest of your life will be fine and of good health.

d41f5218.jpg

How serious do you think this post is :D :P

Good luck with the induction into the magical mysterious world of fungi

:)

well first which is obvious but may still need to be pointed out

taking of drugs is illegal blah blah

but for general mushroom hunting you want to look a few days after a good downpour of 2-3days.

as for where to look that depends on the mushroom your looking for

have a look at www.shroomery.org

a vast wealth of information about evrything mushroom

and happy hunting

you live in Melbourne why would you look for cubes when you can get subs right outside your front door.

Go to Blue Meanies site read the descriptions, learn the terms and look through the thousands of sub pics scattered in the forums (shroomery mainly). Also here

for images of P. subaeruginosa. Also you might wanna learn about the common deadly lookalikes such as Galerina and Stropharia. If you think have a sub it should bruise blue after being handled. If you are unsure its best to get an ID at the shroomery

[ 26. May 2004, 00:30: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

For a nice entheogenic experience in this case, i'd say the mushroom, is generally quite gentle, but can be extremely full on, but still gentle if that makes any sense, a very nice learning experience. Even better if meditating or in a similar state of calm.

Seriously though, do some heavy research before looking for any, simple mistakes can be fatal. And always get someone who knows what they are on about to confirm the ID.

Stick around these boards, i'm sure you'll make some good friends and learn plenty along the way, it's a wealth of knowledge. Welcome. :)

[ 26. May 2004, 00:29: Message edited by: gerbil ]

Acid is a pretty safe bet- except for a few rare tryptamines there isnt much thatll fit on a blotter and do the same job

The terminology you use - bluemeanies and gold tops is confusing on a national level

in some states they are synonymous, in others they may refer to one of three species which are distantly related

Psilocybe cubensis are the most readily identifiable, by their heavy purpl black spore deposit, large size ith gold to tan cap and white stem bruising blueish when damaged , and their habitat in the long grass around cow pats in late summer early autumn. only possibe look a like is the edible stropharia rugoso-annulata distinguishabel by lack of blueing and a clawlike annulus on the stem.

Panaeolus cyanescens has look a likes but not many toxic ones. same habitat as cubensis and also stains strongly blue unlike the look alikes

Psilocybe subaerugunosa is the most dangerous on to confuse as several similar looking species (only till you get your eye in) are deadly toxic.

Stains blue when damaged, fibrous white stem, golden top often turning wavy with age. purple brown spore print

please fill in the details on habitat melbourne peeps...

)

[ 26. May 2004, 14:56: Message edited by: reville ]

From the EB forums

[ 26. May 2004, 16:28: Message edited by: mescalito ]