The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripitaka

Santalum species wanted

Am looking for any species of Sandalwood that may be available, particularly S. spicatum (Australian species. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thinking of a collection of fragrant species, having just alighted the last of the incense that I can find, occurs to me to grow & produce these divine scents to burn & offer into the world, thanks the world of plants, I thank you for showing me patterns, vast underpinnings that stictch what I know.

Roll precious extracts onto bamboo matches, alight messages that reflect our thoughts, celebration for unfamiliar shapes, gently re-assures with that organic "known". A pulsing slightly offset against imposing sructures.

Creation is at the end of the fingertip!!!!!

Guest reville

I can get you S spicatum (aussie) and S album (indian) soon

contact me if you are keen

Thanking you Rev, received the seeds today, will put them into the tank after the holidays & let you know how they proceed, have you indulged in propogating these previously???

Guest reville

Not yet. I believe that youll get best results if you clean and soak in GA3 for 24 hours before planting.

What host do you ahve in mind?

Those seds are Santalum album BTW, havent got the native one yet

I've tried growing S. acuminatum (quandongs) before without success and no luck with sandalwood either. Perhaps it has something to do with passing through the ailimentary tract of native animals?

Coarse sharp sand of course!

Not entirely sure what you mean by "GA3", pre-treatment I would presume?

Spaced: Perhaps it has something to do with passing through the ailimentary tract of native animals? Noting in your next reply that you too are introduced, does this mean you were subjected to the rigours of a journey through the bowels of our native fauna?

Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks Rev!

Ahh GA3 as a growth regulator! my head hurts, long day! sorry.

Have not tried previously, where would this be obtainable Rev?

Assessment week bears havoc upon my mind!

Guest reville

Um ask at your nursery or look for mail order nursery catlogues... mine was given to me in a big bottle from someone who bought a heap.

Welcome back spaced@!@!

(Look like next saturday.Spread the word)