The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

U.N. states that dope smokers support terrorism

:rolleyes:

=============

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20050...06/s1400958.htm

UN links dope smokers to terrorism

The United Nations drug agency has warned that even occasional use of marijuana is a link in a long and dangerous cycle of crime, degradation and terrorism.

"The links between organised crime, drug trafficking, drug consumption, drug money, arms trafficking and terrorism become clearer every day," said Antonio Maria Costa, executive director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

"We know that even the occasional marijuana smoker is a link in a much longer and more dangerous chain."

In a message to mark an international anti-drug day, UN secretary-general Kofi Annan warned that drugs are "little more than tickets to a dead end."

Governments marked the day with drug bonfires, and, in the case of China, by executing convicted drug traffickers.

In Afghanistan, where the UN has warned that narcotics trafficking is undermining the country's fragile security, officials put almost 60 tons of opium, heroin and hashish to the torch, according to General Mohammad Daud, the deputy minister for counter-narcotics.

Afghanistan is the world's largest drug producer and supplies almost 90 per cent of the opium used to make heroin.

In Burma, the world's second largest drug producer, the military regime used the occasion of the anti-drugs day, as it does every year, to burn a huge stash of opium, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamines at a ceremony attended by diplomats and foreign journalists.

In China, still conditioned by the awareness that opium ravaged previous generations and opened the door to foreign imperialists, the Government marked anti-drug day by executing dozens of traffickers.

In the southern city of Guizhou, 24 people were convicted of trafficking this weekend, and five were immediately executed with a bullet in the neck, according to official media.

The Vienna-based UNODC, which was to publish its annual report in Stockholm on Wednesday, estimates that 200 million people are users of illicit drugs around the world, with 40 million of those chronically addicted.

'Tickets to dead end'

In his message, Mr Annan said that drugs "might have names that sound colourful or enticing, such as crack, pot, junk, crystal meth and disco biscuits".

"But these are little more than tickets to a dead end," he said.

As one means of combating drugs, Mr Annan recommended "participation in sports to improve health and well-being, teach the value of teamwork and discipline, and build self-confidence".

In Afghanistan, last year's poppy crop was the largest in history "because everyone thought they could grow poppy with impunity," said Habibullah Qaderi, the minister in charge of counter-narcotics.

He said that Afghanistan had "turned the corner" in the fight against drug trafficking, but Mr Costa said recently that while the area planted with poppies was shrinking, the productivity for each hectare was increasing.

Afghan and Western officials have said several senior officials, including provincial governors and police chiefs, were involved in the narcotics business.

Mr Costa, who also heads the UN's Vienna office, said "traffickers, warlords and insurgents in Afghanistan control quasi-military operations" in a trade that last year was estimated to be worth $A3.6 billion.

Burma, where the ruling military is accused by the United States of participating in the drugs trade, says it has destroyed drugs with a street value of almost $19.5 billion and slashed its production of opium.

Nevertheless, UNODC says at least 1.15 million people still depend on poppy crops, and narcotics produced in Burma continue to flood Asian markets, Europe and North America.

Despite draconian punishments for traffickers, the drug problem is getting worse in China, and contributing to the spread of AIDS through the sharing of contaminated needles.

The official China Youth Daily said the number of drug addicts in China reached 791,000 at the end of last year, an increase of 6.8 per cent on a year earlier.

But the official figure is "just the tip of the iceberg," legal scholar Pi Yijun told the Beijing News. The real figure, he said, is "shocking".

Still, the drugs agency was able to point to a few successes in the war against drugs, including Laos, which for the first time in many years is no longer consider a supplier of illegal opiates to the world market.

-AFP

[ 01. July 2005, 13:03: Message edited by: Torsten ]

finally my belief that marijuana addicts are sponsoring terrorism has been affirmed. put the doobs down guys because doubtless ASIO agents are monitoring SAB, waiting just for the right time to foil this terrorist cell and charge us all with treason.

ok i can understand annans statement in regards to heroin and cocaine, but pot???

seems to me like most pot sourced on the street sources from a fairly local level, no matter what country you live in.

i charge most governments with supporting crime and terrorism by making drugs illegal, forcing a huge industry underground and into the hands of criminals.

I second Hagakure's motion!

Firstly, i third that motion. Secondly, yeah, i am so fuckin certain that fuckin alq's could get weed in this country. and yeah, thats what im smokin too, terrorist weed! yeah hooked up with em at the pub, they said they would do me a good deal if i drove a car for em. yeah

yeah i know they are cleaver and we aint that hard but ya got more hope smuggling weed to the states than here. they forget that they look at crime as one entity working together when it is anything but! yeah im sure your local dealer scores off his mate who scores off a mafia boss whos scores off a smuggler who scores off the mid man who know the arabs!WTF R THEY TRYONG O FEED US NOW! last year the US gov seized over 5 billion of drugs but pumps it back into the populace.

good old frigern UN puts out this crap but forgets about us down here on the toilet end.

i think i would like to make this official...

I FUCKING HATE THE EVOLUTION OF THE HUMAN RACE, FALLING DEEPER INTO A DOWNWARD SPIRAL. AS MY MATE OLD TOM SAYS "THERES ONE THING YOU CAN SAY ABOUT MANKIND, THERE'S NOTHING KIND ABOUT MAN" MISSERY IS THE RIVER OF THE WORLD! I DID NOT WANT TO BUY A TICKET FOR THIS FUCKED UP RIDE! FUCK DAVID KORESH!!!!!!!!!! START MY OWN!!!!! I AM HIS PROPHET!!!!!! THE BLIZZARD OF THIS WORLD HAS PAST ITS THRESHOLD AND HAS OVERTURNED THE ORDER OF THE SOUL!!!!REPENT!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to sanity...

P.S - appoligises for that, but please visit Alex Jones Info Wars but be careful, my isp will not allow traffic to that site.

FIGHT THE POWER!

EDIT - i would love ASIO to talk to me! LOL! for reasons of aleged "national security" i cannot say why but my brother is in the army. HA! lets test this out, ill take a pic of this thread incase my text vanishes!

[ 02. July 2005, 00:50: Message edited by: Amulte ]

If i die, i want to come back as a spider mite :D

quote:

Burma, where the ruling military is accused by the United States of participating in the drugs trade,

kind of reminds me of the "he who snuffed it fluffed it" thing from school. The US is pointing the finger first thinking that who could accuse them of it if they say they dissaprove

[ 02. July 2005, 02:21: Message edited by: Amulte ]

As far as I know, most poppy growers in Afghanistan are doing it simply because their chosen vocation pays no money.

Teachers especially, are turning to growing poppy to feed their families.

I Agree Amulte spot on It pisses me right off the media spoon feeds propaganda and dis-information to the herd and most people blindly believe Wat is said without doing any research on the matter, but hey if channel 9 says so it must be true....

:D

seems to me like most pot sourced on the street sources from a fairly local level, no matter what country you live in

well, w/the increase in hydro maybe, but 10-20 years ago 90% ov the dope sold in europe was hash either from morrocco--"rocky", or from pakistan "squidgy black", with some Leb. thrown in--'til Israel invaded.

morrocan hash was financing algerian extremists,

pakistani hash was funding insurgents & the pakistani SIS in their covert war w/india,

lebanese hash was funding the fight against israel,

most grass for sale came from africa--where it all contributes to revolt or repression; or from the west indies where yardie gangs would then use the money to fight a political campaigne.

have a good read through THIS SITE

alot ov the info is about coke & smack, but there's a fair bit on dope.

also, when an illegal plant that's in great demand & worth it's weight in gold becomes the focus ov massive criminal enterprise, isn't it kind ov obvious that some ov the money raised wont go to fluffy lovable old hippies, but to desparate criminals--who may well be involved in political manipulations?

i don't get why the suggestion ov a link causes such indignation.

maybe folks are just thinking ov the australian experience, but conditions here (& in the US) are not the conditions that most smokers in europe would know. until the 90's "home grown" was not an option. hash was all there was.. where it came from, what was in it, & who was profiting were not as clear as some seem to think.

[ 06. July 2005, 00:49: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

Hmmm... the reality is that the government takes our money under the threat of imprisonment and whole bunch of that money goes to killing civilians overseas. I think its strange that those who steal my money at gun point to point the finger at people who are just selling a product.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I didn't know the UN were moving into comedy, probably a good thing cos they're not too good at the world peace thing.

I love the way everything in our contemporary international society that is 'bad' or 'evil' can be brought back to terrorists.

What a convineant scapegoat...

Forget that by filling up our cars with petrol we are directly supporting the 'terrorist' nations that produce the oil (All of the middle east is evil right george bush? oh yeah, except for the israelis who killed thousands of palestinians in order to get their land.)

I agree, next time you are thinking about going into a crowded subway with a bomb strapped to your chest - forget it just light a spliff instead.

In his message, Mr Annan said that drugs "might have names that sound colourful or enticing, such as crack, pot, junk, crystal meth and disco biscuits"

I guess disco biscuits does :)

Marijuana been around for thousands of years but the govenments that want to use it as a sword for social control has been around only for a hundred years.

The argument they use is a self defeating one, they say you are hurting yourself so they will hurt you alot more using tracking folders and jail time with socially unenlightened people, in the U.S. thats the threat of hepitis A which 50 per cent of the prison population have, or male rape possibly by a HIV carrior, such is the degeneration of the american culture.

Having zero tolerance is the same as having no policy at all as the Bush administration found out when Europe wouldn't be used for providing as they call it military 'boots on the ground' a stupid phrase that is characteriastic of a stupid administration.

I think the reason for them being so devisive is that anybody would oppose their policys anyway if stated clearly and not clouded in lawyerism and political double speech. So they figure, way not just be the biggest ugliest ape in the jungle right away..

This terroism talk link is simply a grotesque manifestation.

I think marijuana will survive for another thousand years.

don't they have...like...really good lie detecting tech. nowadays?

just in case this is true, shouldn't we test all the leaders of the country ie politicians re are they aware of any drug use in canberra?

do we want the country to be led by terrorists?

nya ahh ahh

Interesting point Bac.

And that was done in some euro meeting by just swiping surfaces for analysis.

Such as door knobs.

A significanant amount of cocaine was found.

But really that means nothing to police officials as it could have been planted.

I respect police in that they will respond to some actual hard evidence.

But the bottom line is that it will take some sort of conversation, tape recording for the cops to get on the job. Corrupt politicols would be the a target of value. The system isn't corrupt just the politicols.

Commercial survillence electronic gadgets are more effective than any explosives. And are available on Ebay.