The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Salviador

Drug capture experience

As mentioned elsewhere in "legal matters" I recently was arrested for trying to buy pot off an undercover policeman. The location was a local university forum for supporters of cannabis legalisation. I went there and tried to buy $25 worth of "bush", and was promptly arrested :(

There were a number of things that stood out about this experience that may come in handy one day... Firstly his appearance. The usual jeans bumbag and authoritarian stance. He acted like a policeman and not a pot dealer, secondly and this is a big secondly, he was on the phone! Don't speak to people on the phone it can be used as evidence.

The consequences were drug diversion. This program is offered to 1st time offenders with small amounts of a drug. The intervention sidesteps the court system and of course the criminal record. However, you only get one chance. The requirements of drug diversion involve meeting with, in my case, a psychiatric nurse, who asks you questions about your drug use and encourages thought about it. Theres also a video on the signs of weed abuse and send you on your was. All in all its a much nicer experience than court, still im a little disappointed i wasted my one chance on this experience!

Excuse the boring writing style, im not very enthusiastic about this experience

So, Salviador.

based on what you wrote here and on another post, it sounds like you had some idea that he was a cop. Or at least a suspicion.

Why did you still pursue purchasing drugs from him?

(I am curious, not bagging you) :)

When I smoked in a country where it was legal, I had a set of trusted dealers and simply wouldn't buy weed otherwise.

One guy was a second cousin, one I grew up on the same street as and one is a hippy I smoked with frequently.

If it wasn't available from these three I'd try another guy who only dealt occasionally, and if he didn't have any...then I'd simply go without.

But you said it was legal Apo?

Surely, you don't have to worry about cops selling it then?

It was a very special and confusing country Benz, and its main export product was examples

Haven't bought drugs from cops since the late 80's when hash came in 1kg blocks , wrapped in red celophane , with a gold stamp of an Indians' head on it. Word was it was diverted from a bust in NSW and ended up on the Melbourne market. :D But seriously , there used to be alot of corrupt cops around in the 80's , i must admit they have cleaned there act up in the last decade or so.

one desperate night i did the same thing... ever so politely asked an undercover cop for some weed. think he was off-duty though cos all he did was pull out his badge and told me i was going home. i've also noticed that even if undercovers wear the right clothes, something is usually amiss... as though they opened up their little files about dress, lingo etc and have got it down pat but forgot to take those damn acting classes. guess a pig can never be a chameleon.

yep, you can often spot em a mile away...

there's no way an undercover cop is going to look less dodgy then a dodgy drug dealer in my opinion... Everytime i have seen one trying to bust people, they look a hell of a lot nastier and darker then anyone i would ever associate with...

Having seen many at free and public events, trying to blend in and look casual whilst still 'sussing' everythin thats going on,

I find they try to attatch themsleves to groups, somewhere on the fringe, whilst still sussing everything out thats going on around them..

I think the more you see of them the less effective their so called 'camouflage' is... I remember a friend was extremely intoxicated one night and was pursued from room to room of a pub by a dodgy looking character who kept askign him to score drugs for him..

The funny thing is, that as this guy had been pestering my mate, he had to tell him he was a cop before he could actually get him to get drugs for him...

It was pretty funny, my mate finally gave in to the dodgy bastard pestering and said "yeah ok mate, what do you want", the guy then replied "i want some speed or e, and im a police officer"

Well he must have thought my mate was more trashed then he actually was... He heard this, looked at the guy, and said "well fuck off then you scumbag"....

They just dont give up, even if it means being that desperate and low...In fact i can imagine that having someone in uniform at such an event would be a lot more effective at deterring drug dealers...

I think preying on drug users rather then dealers is a waste of tax payers money, and any cop who spends his time skimming the bottom of the bucket so to speak, isnt doing the public any kind of service. They create a very unpleasent and dodgy vibe, the same vibe that seedy dodgy drug dealers create...

And busting someone for a stick of weed seems to me to be absolutely ludicrous, especially given the context.. Wouldnt their time be better spent looking for people supplying 15yr old girls with alcohol???

2b- when i was 15 living in the burbs and such thigns interested and entertained me, we used to get great smoke and amphetamines from a local detective... He even let people who he knew come to his house to buy them, and we knew that the drugs were coming from the local stations drug bin... He was more dodgy then any drug dealer ive ever met, and was also inclined to allow sexual favours from young girls for payment...

A while after we grew up and grew out of such things, we heard from the person who used to frequent his household that he was robbed at gunpoint and subsequently transferred to another state... (apparently the local bikees didnt like the fact that not only was the local constabulary busting them and taking away their drugs, but they were selling it back to one of their kids )

[ 30. April 2005, 03:50: Message edited by: min(E)rval ]

i gotta say i like the idea of the diversion... because seriously what is locking up someone with a drug problem going to do? not a real lot

quote:

They create a very unpleasent and dodgy vibe, the same vibe that seedy dodgy drug dealers create...

[/QB]

Yes Im not sure if they realise that sometimes their energetic stuff sticks out so far ahead of them that any person with any sort of inner sense...and I mean specially at doofs or what not because alot of people at doofs are actualy quite telepathic but yeah umm If "they are watching" You are the MOST OBVIOUS and DISGUSTING PRESENCES on the DANCEFLOOR and at PARTIES.

thats funny.

cops are soft when it comes to biker dudes.

have you ever seen a biker on the side of the road getting a ticket?????

well bikers dont travel alone this is a good reason.

i remember doing 170 in a 100 zone in a regional area, i was running upto a some harley dudes for the fun of it, we all blew past a cop hiding in the bushes with his radar.

who was he going to pull over?????

none of us!!!!!

to top it off i hate cops at the moment. this year i have (4 months) i have got $650 in fines for bullshit.

one cop followed me from my workplace all the way to my place of residence?

why he was collecting evey mised signal and recording it on a tape recorder. finally he gets out of his undercover car and starts writing out tickets.

i feel like a victim, because i rang the road transport aurthority and found out that i have'nt had a fine in 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but in 4 months ive got 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i and major fucked off!!!!!!!

this is dead money!!!!! to me this is 13 weeks of grocerys!!!!

all i can think of what it could be is that its now getting close to the end of the financial year and FUCK we hav'nt 10 times more revenue than last year!!!!

send out the undercovers!!!!!!

as for drugs dont know much about em, but sure getting busted for a stick of weed is not much to bitch and moan about. your right.

as for the 15 YO girls getting pissed and pregnant, most of these girls end up on the pension for most of there lives and cost society billions more than a stick of weed.

honestly get a grip, who are cops?? what kind of person makes a cop?

probly the skinny small kids at school who were bullied, power complex is far to obvious with cops.

[ 30. April 2005, 04:45: Message edited by: jasemateau ]

Frenzal Rhomb - Who'd be a cop?

ou had such a terrible time at home, not as bright as your brother and sister. Though intimidating all your friends, still think that uniform's so cool. what a job you can make your own rules. Take your frustration out on them. Hanging out at your nearest protest. punching kids and making arrests in the name of whoever pays the most. Couldn't get in the armed forces, animals on the backs of horses, good sense and justice you oppose. Get a real job- who would be a fucking cop? Did you not get enough love? Did your parents beat you up? Do you worry bout the size of your penis? Did the army kick you out? what the hell was that about? Didn't let you use your firearm in public? You dont protect me, no security, for my family and my friends. Your brain is just out of reach, you can shoot drunks on the beach. The corporations you defend- Get a real job. who would be a fucking cop? I don't know how you get to sleep, when junkies terrorise your beat. Feel like a hero when you punch alcoholics. And there's that secret no one knows, hidden from everyone. Those unnatural affections for German Shepherds- Get a real job- who would be a cop? Did you not get enough love? Did your parents beat you up? Do you worry bout the size of your penis? Were you a cockhead from the start? You didn't need very good marks, and now you're suppplementing your income with money from drugs. Don't wear your name badge on your chest. In case of civil unrest. Wouldn't want anyone to think that your like violence best. Who would be a fucking cop?

To Benzito. Normally i would have bought off known associates, but this forum used to be very open and reliable ( goods laid out on the ground to be inspected). But nowadays the police have become quite interested in all the "vicious pot dealers" according to the cop i had contact with. So i on any sort of alert at all...

Minerval et al, amen, from now on its obvious, plus cops look far dodgier than dealers prolly coz they are :P

Jase - take your tickets to court. Cops aren't allowed to continue following you without pulling you over after the first offense. I know two people who got off on ALL fines because the judge would not approve of any cop harrassing motorists that way.

quote:

i gotta say i like the idea of the diversion... because seriously what is locking up someone with a drug problem going to do? not a real lot

well firstly it turns you in to a criminal who hates the system and jacks. It also looks good on there resumes which is all they care about never be mistaken that cops are there to help the community they are there to get as much convitions as possible and drug uses are easy picks kind of like wolfs and the injured deer :mad: