The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Is the importation of Sceletium Extract legal?

Hi all,

Ive been doing a lot of searching I cant cant find any information regarding the legalities of importing and consuming Sceletium extract? (tablet form)

AFOAF is hoping to use them for their potential anti-depressant propeties.

If any body can give me so help with this I would really appreciate it. (;and it could earn you some Sceletium tablets;)

Thanks for your time.

AndyA.

Mesembrine is not a scheduled substance so in that regard you should be fine.

But why not support local businesses rather than go offshore? There are plenty of Aussie places that sell Scelly extract.

totally legal. just don't get ripped off.

I'm just looking around at prices and quality at the moment, I haven't made my mind up yet however I would always prefer to support locals before going O/S.

The main reason I'm looking O/S is because they have standardized doses in tablets, not just some powder in a little bag that could have any amount of Mesembrine in it.

If Sceletium is going to be used as an anti-depressant or a treatment for addiction at the current recommended doses/regime, or those suggested to you by a Dr/psych and not just for recreational or sporadic use it would be much better to take a standardized dose from a high quality, reliable source, getting used to just how much mesembrine dose what to you, then armed with that knowledge one could start trying the local powder and be able to gauge just how much he should be taking.

An honest attempt at self medication on a semi to long-term basis would be difficult without it, it would be hard to have any real idea of what one was giving himself/herself and thereby adjust the dose accordingly...the amount of mesembrine can vary depending on the plants genetics, condition, location etc and can also be effected by the production method etc..

If the source your getting it from changes feedstock or runs out and you have to get it from someone else it could be completely different.

I think www.qhi.co.uk were selling it in capsules and they are tops with everything else.