The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

ignoramus legal defence for drugs

especially in QLD, there is a legal defence in the common law regarding the application of "mistake of law" in the operations of the criminal codes and misuse of drugs act etc etc:

If a law has not yet been published, a defence of mistake of law my exculpate the accused party from the crime, if it can be reasonably be assumed that the party did not realise they were violating an unpublished law.

In particular if this extends to the federal sphere...well you can imagine....i wont enlighten you as to the particulars, as this would make you non-ignorant, but there are plenty of things being scheduled that affect QLD that have not yet been published in QLD schedules or laws. Or in an updated version of the SUSDP.

Frankly in my opinon all of the SUSPD should be consider unpublish because its not freely aviable to look at you have to purchase a copy I know in brisbane the lastest version aviable in the libaries is like from 1995. This wouldn't be applicable to the misue of drugs act as one of the two acts explictly says what drugs are "dangerous drugs" ( 1987 ) funny thing is they forgot to include salvorin A :P ( Sally D is in there but ). I wouldn't try telling a judge the misue of drugs act isn't published either.

PS Well it was still missing last time I checked earlier this year.

PPS woudln't this kill any retrospective laws change that anyone ever made?

[ 19. April 2005, 03:46: Message edited by: bloodbob ]