The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Ashoka

Ashoka,

I tried to respond to your email concerning fatalii seed, but the mail was returned as undeliverable (probably just an AOL foulup, that happens sometimes) so I thought I would post my response here:

I've only saved two dozen seeds so far (from the first harvest i.e. lower viability) because I have not yet got around to protecting them from crossbreeding with my other peppers, so those seeds may well be a cross between fatalii and chinchi uchu (or maybe caribbean red or something else but chinchi uchu is the heavy pollen producer). So if you like gambling, sure I'll be willing to trade. However, if you want a set of genetically pure seeds you can buy them here: http://www.reimerseeds.com/item.jhtml?UCID...619&PRID=346790

Oh... If you do start growing fatalii, heres some useful fatalii trivia. About 200 years ago some slaves were repatriated and before leaving the americas they stuffed their pockets with some hot pepper seeds. Some of the seeds miraculously made it through the long sea voyage and were planted in three or four african countries. The seeds that were planted in the area that is now the central african republic evolved into the modern fatalii. So now you know- something good actually did come out of slavery!

[This message has been edited by Auxin (edited 28 May 2002).]

Hi Auxin

My local e-mail server is down for some unknown reason so I'm goin to mail you from my yahoo mail instead.

Very interesting story these fataliis have. It peaked my interest even more and since I like my food extremely hot these are must-haves. I'll take my chances with your crossbred seeds. I don't think viability will be a problem, chili seeds usually have a long viability in my experience. BTW do you have any info on those chinchi uchu (scovilles, maturing time etc.)

Thanks

Ashoka

I found the info about chinchi ocho on Reimers seed page. Great site and cheap too. They have absolutely every chili pepper imaginable.. I want em all! biggrin.gif

Cheers

Ashoka