The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

Is the search engine working OK?

I just looked up "Lagochilus" and "phlebophylla" in two separate searches, getting one result back for each search. Last week when I looked at both I got more than ten for each.

It's not like you don't have anything else to do, and I do appreaciate you going to all the trouble to keep the site going- but will the search engine be updated? Otherwise I'll forget and snap at newbies again

This particular version of UBB has always been known to be crappy with its searches. To upgrade is US$100 and there are NO other features other than a somewhat improved search (mind you, customer feedback indicates that even this improved search is still crap).

So, I will reindex the search in case something got lost in the domain move, but for the real improvement we have to wait for the database version of UBB which should be out in a few weeks. There will be lots of changes (and no doubt dramas) then, but we should also have vast improvements in areas such as search and processing.

If you need help...well..I've said it plenty of times

darklight - try it now.

apoth - thank you! knowing that there is a tech-god I can contact takes a lot of the stress out of this. In fact having you around is what swayed me to finally become my own host - you missed all the dramas last week when we moved servers (well, actually - for once there weren't any dramas)

Luckily I can deal with most situations quite well now. Even getting the hang of databases and php. But when I get stuck (and yes, it is 'when' rather than 'if') you will be the first to know

There is only one problem I couldn't fix and that is the timesetting for the forum (see other thread). No biggie though - it's only for a couple of months I hope.

Torsten:

darklight - try it now.

Yep it works a beaut! Thanks :)

I having difficulty getting the search engine to search for X AND Y.

Could someone explain how to use google to search the forum?

In google add site:www.shaman-australis.com as the last search term.

It'll search both in and out of the forums, supposedly theres some way to make it only look in www.shaman-australis.com/forums but adding a very forumy word like Corroboree will narrow it down too.

I love those lil tricks in google, cant count how many times I've looked for clinical herb info with filetype:pdf