The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darklight

Search function UTFSE?

Sorry to have to ask this Torsten as I know the recent forums downtime took you aaages to sort out, but the search function isn't showing me any posts which were produced before the server dropped us.

I went searching for the word phlebophylla in the EB forum and only got two hits- one I'd writtten today, and another I'd written about ten days ago. There are at least six others that should have appeared, and I know that cos I wrote them :) While I can use the index to grab previous subjects if I go through all index pages for a forum, I still don't get the word search capacity for individual posts

Other people obviously find the search function useful too but mostly I worry that I might bite some poor newb's head off accidentally if I forget the search function isn't fully operational

the search runs on index files which are supposed to be generated weekly by the software. Looks like it isn't doing what I is supposed to though as I had problems with the search yesterday too.

I will re-index them manually in a moment and all should be sweet for a little while. This is not the first time this has been a problem, so feel free to remind me periodically and I will do them manually.

'UTFSE ?'..Ummmmmmmm.....ahhhhhhhh....sure you are at the right forum ? (buzz,buzz,buzz...)

ROTFL!! darklight a bee???? I think her basic chem skills (or lack thereof) are well documented on these forums (no offence sweetie)

I think "UTFSE" has become a bit of a widespread term, especially among rude moderators

Torsten:

ROTFL!! darklight a bee????

ROTFL NOW I know what you mean. Took me about ten minutes. I have about as much chance of becoming a bee as I do of becoming a virgin.

Ah, maybe it's a typo. Beee-yitch. :D

Guest electro

/me lols a whole bunch ...

thanks guys .. i needed a laugh thismorning :)