The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Brisbane EB Group RIP, wake up

first saturday every odd month then

that would be september groovers, i spose it does'nt matter so much for locals coz we can drop in anytime,

however i still think the first saturday every odd month, will be easy to remember, so that would mean sept 3rd, for not so local members.

that would be fine with me, however i would like to know soon since possibly other plans could be made for saturday....

sorry got it all wrong I thought this month was september...

my mistake....

what planet do I live on?

[ 03. August 2005, 22:23: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Great I will try my best to be there..

It seems Im am still only 1/2 through the Nissan Bluebird Saga yet..

After spending $835 for my front and right mounts they ddint even address the 2 problems I brought it in for in the first place... very dodgy..

if n00bs are welcome, i'd be interested in coming along to the next meeting :D

Guest d0tb0y

noobs most welcome. we were all one once.. (and some of us still are, in terms of what can be learnt)

sorry, this is fairly off topic but is there a similar group operating in melbourne?

Just checking to make sure that everyone knows that there is another meeting on the first saturday of september (3rd) at Gom's place...

a great way to welcome in spring! i'll definitely be there.

Hate to sound like a broken record but im just pushing this topic up the top so ppl with remember it :P what time are we meeting up at? Is anyone going to the botanical gardens first or just going to gom's?

I think my car is going to still be at the mechanics (while I negotiate thier bill due to misdiagnosis) so I would would really appreciate a lift if anyone is going from/through the Gold Coast?

I think the gardens would be good but Im assuming its the same plan as last time, people can either meet at the gardens or jst drop into Goms after I think it was about 1pm.

1`pm sounds good to Dr. Gom Zoidberg...

I'll have the tables and chairs ready and waiting in the garden...

does anyone have any ideas to make the event more entertaining?

I think I'm pretty much a "bore" when it comes to social activities...

I would be happy to bring a few interesting video's, documentary's and books to "show and tell" :)

Can you line up some kind of TV or projector, then we can jst run them from my notebook.

Of course, this is assuming I can get there.. any offers would be greatly appreciated.

I could bring some books too for ppl to flick through, dont know what else to bring, Maybe we could start doing a set thing each meeting ie: one for extractions...get ppl to bring all sorts of equipment each or differnt materials so we all could learn great stuff, maybe im just rambling....

i would pick you up andy if i could but way away from me...sorry

so who is comming this saturday?

Awww schucks dodie303, thanks for your offer mate... If I can get a lift then I will look forward to seeing you and eveyone else on Sat..

(anyone know a good method for skinning a live mechanic? any other incredibly painful torture teks?)

Well no good skinning techniques but maybe like dodie sed we shoudl devote a meeting to a diff thing so maybe andy you could get how to skin a mechanic alive in there sum how, i'm sure lotsa other people have the same probelm and there personal remedies for ie skinning that they would happily share.

But andy once hes been skinned a nice roll in salt and a swim in vinegar should do nicely for a finishing touch, so he knows neva to do it again

I doubt I will make it this time, sorry guys. Have a good one.

i can get to goms about 12 but have to leave about 1pm have got to work damn it.

hi,

just bringing this back up, because it's on today...

from noon, or so....

Thanks to these who came...

only a select few...

but a very nice meeting,

actually one of the most enjoyable so far!

:( no one offered me a lift and my hopes of borrowing a car were dashed so once again I missed it. :(

I will have my car back by the next one, so finally, I should be able to make it.. I was thinking about you guys all day...

:D :rolleyes::):P hehe,

well sorry Andy I don't live anywhere near the gold coast so i couldn't have given you a lift....

same with everyone else who came...

no-one from out your way...

[ 07. September 2005, 12:50: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Hi does the brisbane group still meet? Would like to come along if possible. Want to be more involved. I know I don't post much here, But I do come to the fourm nearly everday and have a read. You can PM me the info of meets. I have worked out how to get to my PM box :cool:

Benzito, I used the "If you dont fix my car for free Ill take you before the office of fair trading tribunal" skinning method.

I jst took it back for re-diagnosis today, 6th time lucky me hopes... Ive got the general manager onto it now, so fingers crossed they may fix it...

Gomaos, its all good my friend, I was jst hoping someone from the gold-coast or below was going as well, I certainly wouldnt expect someone to pick me up if it was out of their way.

Even though I havent actually been to a meet yet, I think I can talk for everyone when I say we are all extreemly greatful for you holding the meetings at your place, its very generous and kind of you and provides a wonderful chance for us to come together, share like minded idea's and have some social contact outside of our computer rooms.. LOL

Three Cheers for Gomaos!!!

Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray!