The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Brisbane EB Group RIP, wake up

no posts since thursday.... I hope this is still going ahead. I am intending on making it, although I can never be entirely sure until I actually get there. I'll definitely head to gardens first, then onto gom's a little later.

I plan on being there.

My house is open from lunch time onwards...

I'll be here...

Grrrr, couldnt make it... not happy it all and it wasnt because of my anxiety this time either, I couldnt make it to an appointment yesterday so I had to do it today..

Sorry guys, I was REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone.

I hope we can make this a regular thing, maybe monthly or every 2 months?

well every 2 months sounds good to me...

thought I'd thank everyone who came...

we spent a couple of hrs in the garden...

it was nice...

Guest d0tb0y

Monthly sounds good to me.

Every two months is like, forgettable. If one can say like 'first saturday of each month' its probably easier than every two months and trying to remember whether you're on the odd or even months, etc etc :P

my apologies

had an old friend spring a crisis on me :(

better luck next month - or this month?

when??

gomaos:

Only because some people have ego problems, shouldn't stop the rest of us from meeting...

my house is open for future EB meetings...

I'm just not a great organizer, someone else needs to do that...

Ego problems?

I have huge ego problems, stemming from excessive K use. But I don't think he's referring to me. I'm in Sydney anyway!

:D

waaaa

i need to get back into touch with the briz eb scene, been out of the loop for too long

There was discussion of regenerating the three monkeys nights, the good thing about them is its at night when more people are available, and its a nice central location to meet. From there we could also organise mt cootha days or goms garden days or whatever our COMBINED imaginations have to offer... This could be big people

Im still lost on the thought of Ego problems. What Ego problems regarding the EB group ?? Just sounds strange cos you say this online but with what reference....

quote:

you say this online but with what reference....

The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens, Richard Evans Schultes and Albert Hofmann, ISBN : 0398038635. :P

Darn ethnobots, always want a reference. hehe. :D

Heheheehehehehehe :D well sed benzito hahaha but i need a page numba, paragraph number, sentence number so i no exactly wo tim lookin at besides and egotistical sentence. Damn sentence thinks its so good. :D

[ 08. July 2005, 08:50: Message edited by: ergoamide ]

well exactly...

just about everybody has ego-problems...

every "community" I have ever lived in finally either broke apart because of egoproblems, or became so stagnant and/or rigid that it was impossible to live there...

in terms of the bris eb group I was referring to so-called "leadership" problems.

My opinion is that in this situation no leader is needed.

im with u Gom

on not needing a leader or coordinating body

so long as gom offers a stable venue

I think the way its evolved its ungovernable

if people want to coordinate privately im sure theyll do so

IMO the only reason to have a leadership is to publicly account for shared assets and finances and we have none

as for egos in the way

didnt notice..

(cept some knobs at park meetings but they never came back so that was fine..)

is this going to happen again soon or was it agreed every 2 months?

Well Im up for it, let's say the 2nd Staurday of August? thats a good time for me?

Originally posted by AndyAmine.:

Well Im up for it, let's say the 2nd Staurday of August? thats a good time for me?

I thought it was going to be the same saturday every 2 months to allow people to plan a bit more for it. Since the last one was on the 1st saturday of the months I wonder if it is wise to start shuffling them so early. The one thing this groups really needs to keep going is a little consistency...

but then again, it's a brisbane group and neither Andy nor I are local.

I agree, I said we should do it every 2 months a few posts up, IMO it would be better to do it every 2 months otherwise people can run out of things to show and or tell about their gardens other than noting another inch's growth or whatever and it will dispate into some smaller social groups..

However I think it was noodle's point that if its every 2 months it could loose momentium and people could forget or show up on the wrong month. but if there is a post there a week or so before each meet then I dont think that will be a big issue.

Torstens right tho, Im not local (pretty close tho) and tend to put things off at the last minute a lot because of my anxiety problem so I guess I should stay out of it..

first saturday every odd month then.

that sounds good, andy has a point, my garden is not moving at all, however i have a few questions but i can wait a month, no sweat.

just thought i'd mention meetings are welcome at my house most of the time...

First saturday of every second month sounds good to me. So when would our next one be going by these rules?

Is anyone up for one next saturday at goms then?

next saturday?....that would make it EVERY month then....