The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

NDPSC June meeting

Has anyone seen the minutes from the NDPSC June meeting? They should be coming out around now.

Interesting to see how the consideration of scheduling for kava and kavalactones went... especially since our own lil' Johnny was pictured in Saturday's SMH drinking something that was captioned as "ava" at a Pacific gathering recently. Unless there is someone who knows otherwise about the beverage ( and there prolly is :) ) does anyone else here suspect that the substance was, in fact, kava? Oooh- I wonder if he inhaled?

inhaling a bowlfull of kava should have the desired effect as far as Johnny is concerned

Kava has many spellings around the pacific, including awa and ava. However, it is difficult to tell if he consumed it as I can't tell whether that was his normal face or a kava-grimace.

Come to think of it, he did appear very friendly and happy in the interviews. Maybe it was just the fact that he succeeded with his colonialist ideas that made him smile.

he emptied halve the contents to the ground (what a disgrace) and drank the rest, didn't you see the footage?

that would be very disrepectful

Jack:

that would be very disrepectful

I was wondering if this were the case. Migod that man is so rude, I not only resent the fact that my taxes send him overseas to be rude, but that they also bring him back to Australia afterwards. Surely there must be a halfway point- like a big dropoff in the Pacific Ocean somewhere.

This man is not representative of the Australian people, and his delusion that this is so is just that. We may be a diverse bunch, but anyone with half a clue would have done their homework before deliberately dumping half a drink on the floor in the middle of an important ceremony hosted by a neighbouring country

How do you think he would have felt if an international leader had knowingly poured half a beer on the parliamentary carpet during a public welcome? And that's probably not a fair comparison in terms of social context. :mad:

he emptied halve the contents to the ground

I think it's fijian custom to "spill some for the gods", perhaps that's why he did it?