The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Poo-sniffing in Malaysia

The Courier Mail, Brisbane, July 12:

"Dung-sniffing addicts high above law"

Kuala Lumpur:

Faced with some of the world's strictest anti-drug laws, some addicts in Malaysia are sniffing fresh cow dung to get high.

An official at the National Narcotics Agency said yesterday the problem was small but growing among addicts who cannot buy drugs.

Trade Minister Rafidah Aziz was quoted in The New Straits Times newspaper as saying she wanted the government to deal with addicts who sniff cow dung, glue and even polystyrene smoke.

"The cow dung emits gases like sulphur, and addicts sniff on these gases to get high," the official at the agency said on condition of anonymity.

Despite harsh anti-narcotics laws that call for death by hanging for drug traffickers, Malaysia does not have legislation to cover such acts as cow dung sniffing.

"the problem is not very serious yet, but we are worried as this method means addicts can get high for free," the official said."

End quote.

Is Malaysia the most totalitarian country on earth? Why are they so scared of people altering their conciousness? Because they would wake up and start a revolution and kick out their arsehole politicians?

Most likely.

My advice on what to do with politicians after the revolution:

Grind them up and process them for dmt.

My advice for people not in Malaysia:

Boycott Malaysia and all it's products.

Never holiday there.

They'll hang you for a piece of dope.

I've been there twice in the last ten years, only overnight to renew my visa for Thailand,

but even that was too long.

I didn't go out or anything, butI always had to walk past a clump of old chinese men, probably the owners of the hostel.

I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but I've hardly ever sensed that much negativity radiating from one group of people.

Anyone here gonna give it a try?

If you survive the experience dont forget to report your findings.

But please DO NOT try the polystyrene smoke thing, thats WAY TO DANGEROUS.

Even if Malaysia has got one of the world's strictest laws, still Malaysia is one of my favourite countries that I have visited and travelled. You really can't blame the Malaysian Government, the country is very muslim country, and they have different "life views/cultures" to western countries.

from my reading of the article their concern was that these people were getting high for free,they were not playing'the game'.no money or legal hassles for them.

t s t .

i heard about people sniffing fresh cow shit(follow cows around with buckets, catch fresh shit and sniff thru straws) years ago

i was told that methane was one of the best drugs there was rolleyes.gif

i thought it was just bullshit!

things people do hey?

Originally posted by WarpedAstro:

You really can't blame the Malaysian Government, the country is very muslim country, and they have different "life views/cultures" to western countries.

Total Crap. The malaysian government needs to be overthrown and (well I Have already suggested what to do with them.)

This goes for a lot of otHer muslim countries (most of which I have travelled in some time ago) as well, i. e. Saudi Arabia, Iran, iraq, and what have you.

I'm not saying all the people in those countries are bad, THAT WOULD BE RACIST, but those authoritarian governments and their politicians should ROAST IN HELL.

In most cases governments have not been elected democratically, if they had democracy, things would be different.

Religion and culture is no excuse for inhumanity and torture. You may just as well say: "Well the germans were going through a tough time and needed someone to pull them together and forward like Hitler."

That's what many Germans still say today.

Well they suck and we know it. There is no excuse for what Hitler has done, and there's no excuse for what countries like Malaysia are doing!

Death to the oppressors!

[This message has been edited by gomaos (edited 13 July 2002).]

"Death to the oppressors!"- gomaos

Funny, most oppressors say the same thing. What about justice, freedom, and all that?

Violence breeds violence. Therefore defeat oppression with compassion. War won through brutality does not bring peace. But war ended through justice and compassion can bring peace.

Its just one of those things.

Malaysia was very interesting - dog sized rats strung up in restaurant windows are always nice.

No truly I loved Malaysia, but their government tends to have these laws - but enforcement is often lax. In Penang i was repeatedly offered heroin once right in front of a policeman who was too busy perving at western girls to care.

The customs at entry from Singapore consisted of an old lady who took our entry tickets and that was it!

We met a lot of homeless people over there all of whom could get no aid from their government at all. At mosques the homeless can obtain food only if they are muslim, otherwise they will receive nothing.

Hey Goamos, you really can't expect all countries to have the same laws, cultures, I mean look at our planet, there's over 3 billion or whatever the population is, I think there's too many people in this crazy world, I am aware you totally disagree with me thats fine, I think it makes the earth more interesting if the every countries has different laws and cultures to travel rather have every country the same, it would make my travels more interesting, also have you notice that the Asian countries is rapily becoming very "westernised"...the Asians and Arabs are becoming very western, and they seem they think they are "cool" wearing yankie clothes and only wear "branded" clothes and have a "drug addiction" because it seems to make them look "cool" and very american, and shit like that, it just the Asians and Arabs are becoming very materialistic, I don't mean sound racist, and maybe the government is just trying to protect their country's cultures that been going on for thousands of years before becoming another victim of gobalised culture, I could crap on for years, but will stop for now before I make a mistake....sorry just ingore my above comments, I'm blabbing mindlessly..I am bit intoxicated at the moment, ..cheers

Yea I prolly did go over tha top a bit there,

I get so emotional when i see these poor bastards sniffing cowshit in my minds eye, while the cruel politicians, ghastly policemen and fat capitalists live in luxury and most likely dose up on their expensive extasy and speed, or their top of the range alcohol.

. It's got nothing to do with religion

however...it's just about keeping the rich richer and the poor poorer...

All I can say for myself that probably my mind bubbles over since it's been free of alcohol for 4 weeks now and all the numb parts of my brain are getting active again...sometimes it does get a bit much...

I very very much doubt and sulfur gases are very usefull for recreational purposes. H2S isn't neither of the Oxides are useful I can't remeber wether or not methiol is a gas but it might be sniffable for some minor effect. I would suggest it would be for the menthane as psycho0 said but I doubt you can really get it in useful concentration. Methane and similar gases can be abused but those discussion get locked here :P

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by gomaos:

Total Crap.  The malaysian government needs to be overthrown and (well I Have already suggested what to do with them.)

This goes for a lot of otHer muslim countries (most of which I have travelled in some time ago) as well, i. e. Saudi Arabia, Iran, iraq, and what have you.

In the end everything is run by the same entities anyway.

This sounds crazy etc etc... but where would the Western Military-Industrial Complex be without Rogue Nation States?? To some, Peace is stagnancy. War is Progress. If everybody was an Alpha Plus who would do all the work??

Sorry, read A Brave New World, Aldous Huxley and alot of the themes are still buzzing around my head.

Sorry for getting off topic, A gramme is better than a damn!

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 14 July 2002).]

The rich get richer,the poor get the picture.

Why do i sound so "anti-malaysian"?

It dates back a while.

In 1978 and 1980 I visited penang and quite liked it.

I saw "Alien(1)" for the first time there in a cinema and that was cool.

We went on a chairlift to visit the snake temple and others and that was cool.

The Riksha drivers were selling cool sticks.

etcetcetc (this is supposed to be no blablabla forum and I'll try not to do it again, just want to explain myself.

Later in 1985 or so there was this case on tv, some aussies got caught with heroin and were awaiting the death sentence.

A guy from amnesty international was trying to save them via public tv broadcast. He was talking to some justice minister in Malaysia. The Justice Minister looked exactly like I picture the spanish inquisition at the time they burnt "witches" at the stake.

However much the amnesty international bloke would try to talk some humanity into this living corpse, he would only give cold cynical answers.

My asshole brother, at whose place I was staying then, was rubbing his hands and displaying his idiot redneck attitude.

"Hehe, he's practically saying to the amnesty bloke, if you come over here, we'll chop your head off too."

From then on I despised the malay government(not the people, I've met quite good ones)and my brother...

Word Gomaos! Coulden't agree more! Death to stupidity by means of education!

peace!