The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Sniffer Dog Training in Sydney

Over here in th' USA sniffer dogs can go anywhere without probable cause or reasonable suspicion, and it is not considered a 'search' so its not illegal, and if they signal that there is a drug odor that gives the cop probable cause to do a search. How could sniffer dogs not count as a search? After all they are closer to being intelligent sentient beings than their masters! (If that sounds harsh you odviously havent met many american cops. Over here people only become cops after they have failed the ditch-digger and burger-flipper exams)

I thought someone might end up posting aboot this topic soon. Auxin - have you ever actually seen a situation like that firsthand ? I think I remember reading something on Erowid aboot it being unconstitutional, and so it got banned. Pretty sure that's what I read anyways.

What I think is

if you don't want to get caught with illegal drugs, don't carry round illegal drugs in the first place. If you want to live in a society where you're allowed to take and transport drugs around, either vote in a different politician, or move to some place near Afghanistan.

DaNozz, I havent checked the laws in a few years so for all I know they may have changed- I hope they have for the sake of 'freedom and justice for all'. And yes I too keep the dogs at bay by not being in possesion of illicit substances. However, something being unconstitutional doesn't stop them! They do it anyway and it's your word against theirs and the word of a cop usually wins.

As for the fundamentalist moslem countries, you can get imprisioned long-term or killed just for being in posession of beer, and the harder stuff is punished even worse! I'd probably be safe myself, I never touch beer (or anything else that tastes like a liquid animal exudate!)

Why not touch beer dude ? Sure, it's inefficient as all hell ( what other drug can you consume 100 grams of, and only be decently inebriated ? Actually, that's not rhetoric, someone answer me that. ) alright, where was I ? Oh yeah, it's damn inefficient, but being drunk is just swoit ! Until you learn aboot gamma-hydroxlysed butanes. Then it's all uphill from there. Depressants rule.

I don't drink beer for three reasons:

1) I don't dring any alcohol. It's an overly toxic drug that damages the liver, causes addiction, and often contains methanol. Plus I don't like the effects.

2) Even if I did, I wouldn't drink recreational drugs that taste like assorted animal exudates (piss, sweat, earwax, snot, smeg- it depends on the drand of beer). Way back when I did drink it would be triple distiled, carbon filtered grain alcohol (fruit alcohol contains hella MeOH becaus'a the pectin decomp.)

3) Buddha says not to use drugs that hinder the quest for enlightenment, for me alcohol is one such drug, so I stay away.

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by Auxin:

3) Buddha says not to use drugs that hinder the quest for enlightenment, for me alcohol is one such drug, so I stay away.

Were you there when he said it? hehehe

Does that exclude mushrooms?

Last I looked, Buddha died while experiencing fungal enlightenment. ;-)

Actually, the drug-dogs are already in action (at least on trains, if not elsewhere).

Started a few days ago, I think.

"Last I looked, Buddha died while experiencing fungal enlightenment"- Gwydion

If my memory serves, Buddha died from food poisoning. It was his last lesson in impermanence, watching the great Shakyamuni die the cook felt really bad, but the Buddha comforted him saying all must die and this universal law is not the fault of the cook.

And no, I wasn't there when the Buddha first taught The Fifth Precept, however I had already discovered it for myself before I read it in the Buddhist texts (thats how I got into Buddhism, I read the texts and it is all stuff that I have already discovered for myself.) I just refer to Buddha because he has a much better reputation than me and he is known the world over.

*grin*

There are some interesting arguments about the Buddha and psychedelics, 'tho.

anyone who saw the segment on channel9 this morning, that matt is one cool dude.i'd like to think i'd do that well.

what a contrast with the uncool welcome matt!

t s t .