The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Off my chest!

Any topic, any substance, any plant any person...

I know this is a topic for discussion,

however I gather (in general terms) there is a widespread feeling of 'us' and 'them' i.e. they (TGA etc) don't like us and we don't like the way they treat us (or we flat out hate them wink.gif

I refuse to believe that their view (at least in the eyes of the law) cannot be swayed to meet a similar ethical understanding (like in the heroin debate)

that the criminilisation of plants or substances, does not get rid of the plant or substance (or the problems surrounding usage) but actually increases the likelihood of harm coming to misinformed and unsupervised users.

"alone on the streets, with fear of condemnation, an abuser's fate is sealed by the rejection of the system that created him" -Abuser

Well, would it hurt to try and fail as much as to never try at all?

I get annoyed with the catch 22 of: its an illegal substance we cant talk about its use.

Something is declared illegal becuase its use is supposedly dangerous.

If something is considered dangerous its use should be discussed in order to educate and reduce the risk of harm through ignorance.

Sex is illegal when your underage but the powers that be have the common sense to educate young people about safe sex, pregnancy and STD's.

Blow me if the same common sense cant be applied to ilicit substances.

Maybe that fool wouldnt of blown himself up in his "acacia lab" then

[This message has been edited by twee (edited 27 April 2002).]