The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Salvia divinorum now as illegal as Heroin!!!!!

Yes, you heard right. I'm a bit slow on this one as it happene a couple of months ago, but Salvia and salvinorin is now in the Poison schedule 9, which is the one for the worst illegal drugs of addiction without any possible therapeutic benefit.

Don't get caught with salvia. And naturally, this means we won't be stocking it anymore.

Guest Mesqualero

Damn thats bad news.... knew it would happen though

Guest reville

How do these fascist justify this ?

is there any medical basis for this attack on us?

Is there anywhere we can read about this?

The details are on the TGA website. Not much to see really. You can also see it in the next amendment of the SUSPS when that is released.

Minor correction though.... even though it was decided in November 2001, the law does not take effect till June 2002. Stock up if you can.

what the damn hell? fuckin tga dropkick noddy pissant imbeciles. wish we could slap a ban on 3letter guvvy departmental scumbags.

Im on the TGA site and cant find anything.

Could you be a bit more helpful as to where we can find the info.

We talking salvinorum a being scheduled?

Does this have much impact on the plant?

I have mescalin bearing cacti growing side by side with non psychoactive cacti. (cos i like cacti)

Could the same apply to salvia divinorum? Do we just grow it side by side with our salvia splendens offcicinalis and coccinea? (cos we collect sages?)

Originally posted by twee:

Im on the TGA site and cant find anything.

Could you be a bit more helpful as to where we can find the info.

Go to the gazettal notices for the Uniform Standard for the Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons. See the post gazettal notic for the november meeting.

We talking salvinorum a being scheduled?

Does this have much impact on the plant?

So far, the authorities have never prohibited a plant except for the usual 3 (cannabis, coca and poppy) as per the single convention. The main grey area at the moment is khat and i think it is legal to grow, just not legal to harvest. The same would probably apply to salvia divinorum.

Please read what I wrote! They scheduled salvia AND salvinorinA! This is not the usual fluffy law like when they scheduled ephedrine, but forgot to schedule ephedra (and someone actually got off the charge).

Now, I would like to know if customs has scheduled it already.... anyone got the CURRENT act and schedules (not the webversions etc)?

record of reason:

sounds unreasonable to me wink.gif

11.5 SALVIA DIVINORUM

DECISION 2001/33 - 7.

The Committee agreed to confirm its foreshadowed decision to include Salvia

Divinorum in Schedule 9 of the SUSDP, on the basis of high potential for abuse and

risk to public health and safety.

Schedule 9 - New entries

SALVIA DIVINORUM.

8-METHOXYCARBONYL-4A,8A-DIMETHYL-6-ACETOXY- 5-KETO-3,4,4B,

7,9,10,10A-SEPTAHYDRO-3-(4-FURANYL)- 2,1-NAPHTHO[4,3-

E]PYRONE *(SALVINORIN A).

Guest DragonFyre

please continue to try and keep us informed about the legality of salvia D and whether its only illegal to cultivate/trade or illegal outright

as I'd hate to have to pull em up - I'll be happy as long as we can keep a few for personal use

Guest reville

hang on a minute...

what can we do to stop this?

S.D is aoready being used by psychotherapists what do they need to stop an S9 status. S4 or S5 would be a compromise (eg ephedra vs ephedrine)

anyone read "our right to drugs" by thomas szasz?

torstens post shows they've specifically listed the plant not just the diterpine.

growing salvia divinorum is legally the same as operating a heroin production lab as i understand it

think ill sign up for a hushmail account

twee, I don't quite agree. I honestly believe that the plant is still acceptable. You will find that the standard lists preparations and substances, not plants.

I might query this with the TGA to see if they can clarify. if they include the plant, then there are good grounds for a legal challenge.

Rev - the date for doing something about this has passed (30th of Jan 2002). I usually look at the pre gazettal notices before the meetings and then check on the outcome. As you might be aware, I have been a little sidetracked with the move, conference and timewasters over the last few months and ended up missing that one - the one crucial one.

I think this calls for some genetic engineering wink.gif

Quote Torsten

"the law does not take effect till June 2002. Stock up if you can."

End Quote

Hard question I guess, but if I had just sent an order for leaf & extract from US, is customs gonna get me?

Does the June date apply to customs / importation?

Nervously hoping for a favourable answer.

Originally posted by DragonFyre:

as I'd hate to have to pull em up - I'll be happy as long as we can keep a few for personal use

on that note i will gladly look after those for you and see to it that are exposed to poor stupid public who have no brains and couldn,t possibly decide what plants should be leagle(fuck that sounds stupid all plants should be leagle). dam that pisses me fucking goverment scum.

High abuse potential, eh?

I wonder weather you'll be able to buy manufactured Salvia cigs soon rolleyes.gif

I still marvel at a law system that can "criminalise" the growing of certain plants and not others.

You'd think people want there to be less possible crimes to commit.

Australia really is going backwards is'nt it.

Just imagine if every plant that contained a mind altering substance was outlawed, they'd have to deport us all back to England.

For example, consider our national floral emblem,

Sheeesh....Wattle they do next.

Originally posted by Torsten:

record of reason:

sounds unreasonable to me wink.gif

"The Committee agreed to confirm its foreshadowed decision to include Salvia

Divinorum in Schedule 9 of the SUSDP, on the basis of high potential for abuse and

risk to public health and safety."

Unlike alcohol which has been so benificial to the community. rolleyes.gif

Without which very few of us would have been conceived.

"Beer! Helping ugly people have sex since 4000bc"

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 07 March 2002).]

i get back on line and look what im greeted with.

wonderful news,

fuckin maggots!

[This message has been edited by spiraleyes (edited 07 March 2002).]

so, if this is a TGA thingyamebob...this should only apply to products being produced and sold to others, not for personal use isn't it?

For Salvia Divinorum (the plant)to be illegal in all states, it would need to be included in each states legislation for drugs.

TGA don't have any say in whats legal to grow in your garden as an ornamental do they?

-bumpy

after doing a quick flick through the bills from 01 and 02, there is nothing to do with salvia divinorum in the drugs misuse act.

Also, when I did a search on the site, there were no matches for the word salvia either.

So, hopefully this means that the plant is legal in Qld.

-bumpy

Originally posted by MrBumpy:

after doing a quick flick through the bills from 01 and 02, there is nothing to do with salvia divinorum in the drugs misuse act.

Also, when I did a search on the site, there were no matches for the word salvia either.

So, hopefully this means that the plant is legal in Qld.

-bumpy

With Salvia Divinorum being Sheduled 9 (poison) could they charge you with attempted suicide, like picking magic mushrooms, regardless of it not being in the drug misuse act?

Well at least that's how I understand it works in WA if you are caught with magic mushrooms.

Chris

Well I certainly hope your reasoning is right, Bumpy...

i agree certainly for a grower and user ,laws regarding drugs are the domain of the states.and so different states ,different laws.

this prob relates to trade in and medical use of etc,which are federal issues.

but give the states a reason and they will follow,so as always common sense is needed by all.