The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

new forum

this one is just for important notices, dates, events etc. Please don't clutter this forum with chit chat or requests for general info. This forum was created so that the important new items don't get drowned out in the very chatty chill space. I will at my discretion move threads from here to the chill and vice versa where appropriate.

Should it become necessary I will banish CS (TGoF) and Nozz from this forum wink.gif

yes, this is the dull and boring forum for those who prefer a better signal to noize ratio wink.gif

If I was to find an interesting article in the newspaper or what have you would it be best to place it here or in the chill space?

if it is of immediate or lasting importance then post it here. if it is for a quick chuckle then post it in the chill.

I think a lot of times if you post an interesting enough article it has great potential to turn into discussion within a few posts

No problem. I didn't say that we can't discuss the important item. I am concerned more about the quality of the initial post than the quality of the discussion that follows.

Your post on Albert Hoffman inspired me to do a bit of research on Hydergine and I was going to post a few questions and thoughts and what not into your Hoffman thread but would I now be better off posting a new thread in the chill space?

Use the Hofmann (note spelling - makes searches much easier!!) thread. As I said, it is the first post that is important - what follows is not so.

Also is it just me (it's possible) or is all the text in the hoffman thread all white now. Does it have anything to do with my celestial presence at all?

Maybe it was your sidekicks virginal appearance wink.gif

but more likely just a glitch that happened when I moved it. Looks like UBB doesn't like me moving stuff. The other thread I moved ended up not arriving at its destination (or at least the contents).

I did a lot of upgrades and changes to the board yesterday and noticed a few fuck ups that happened along the way. The unlimited posting privileges were accidental and will be fixed.

However I have made one other major change: there was a thread recently that got a little out of hand and insults flew based on a misunderstanding. By the time I got to read it the whole thing didn't make any sense cos one of the offending posts had been deleted. So from now on to remove the anonymity of such a post, it is not possible to remove your posts anymore. As Adrian noticed in the thread wink.gif You can still delete all the contents, but not the whole post. This will also provide a continuous record of Mulga reincarnations which most of you would have been unaware of (rest assured that content will however be removed immediately).

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 11 September 2002).]