The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest patch

mushrooms in WA?

Guest patch

Hello all.

Does anyone in perth know any good shroom locations preferably within a days drive. I've heard that there are small patches of cubnesis down south and was wondering if anyone knows any specific locations for any variety.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Guest auto302823

I had also wondered if anyone had thought of innoculating any local chip beds in the city, say on some of the campuses or Kings-Park. It seems that wood-chip beds are very common, and Stamets lists the wood loving psilocybes as being very common in the beds of the pacific north-west.

I'd love to see some slurry being used appropriately. I imagine the city would have a slightly later/earlier season than the sw too.

Guest Mesqualero

What would Stamets reference to Psilocybes in the Pacific North-West of USA have anything to do with Western Australia?

Methinks the only Shrooms to be found in WA are probably Cubensis.. but I wouldn't know.

Guest auto302823
Originally posted by Mesqualero:

What would Stamets reference to Psilocybes in the Pacific North-West of USA have anything to do with Western Australia?

Methinks the only Shrooms to be found in WA are probably Cubensis.. but I wouldn't know.

no cubies, just subs. I figure that p.s. is analogous to the wood loving varieties he includes in his book, which are infiltrating the p.n.w. but are not found ocurring naturally there.

Guest Mesqualero

I see what u mean smile.gif cool

Guest reville
Originally posted by auto302823:

no cubies, just subs.  I figure that p.s. is analogous to the wood loving varieties he includes in his book, which are infiltrating the p.n.w. but are not found ocurring naturally there.

not so sure about 'just subs'

Ive recieved many prints of strange things growing in dung down south.

probably P semiglobata (inactive?)but dont know

dont trust the books 100%. Ive done that and been utterly suprised

Re spawning the chips

sure. could be doen quite easily in fact a FOAF tells me that a Psilocybe cyanescens block buried in pine mulch in the shade survived summer drought and is starting to spread.

im going to have to see this