The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jasemateau

trich penis growth rates??

just a quick question about trichocereus bridgesii monstrose growth rates.

how many on average 3-4cm branches would you see in a years growth?

too many conflicting reports from the search engine, hence the question

thanks in advance

i think that all the cereus family have common property (but i could be wrong, i am not an expert with cactee)and my trich pachanoi is growing 30cm each year (it is only 4 years old).

and 1,5cm more each year in diameter (surely only during the first years,after the growth speed surely decrease and stop. i doubt it could grow more than 30cm in diameter )

quote:

i think that all the cereus family have common property (but i could be wrong, i am not an expert with cactee)and my trich pachanoi is growing 30cm each year (it is only 4 years old).

and 1,5cm more each year in diameter (surely only during the first years,after the growth speed surely decrease and stop. i doubt it could grow more than 30cm in diameter )

lol cereus family????

the monstrose are fairly quick growers IMHO. its a bit hard to predict but 8 branches a year depending on how big it is, my little ones pup small pups and pup faster where as the big ones pup slower as they are bigger. remember we are talking about bridgesii monstrose growth not normal which grow more but dont pup as much.

[ 17. March 2005, 07:33: Message edited by: teonanacatl ]

:) happy if i can make you laugh

as i said, i am really not a cactee expert, feel free to correct me next time you will tease me.

i was thinking that cereus and trichocereus were 2 synonyme and that the trichocereus were all close regarding the growing speed. please where is the huge error, i don't want to stay stupid :)

its ok vin's, i knew you were just having a go at it.

but when it comes to native english speakers, trying to read,write and speak french

that can be a tough language too.

the penis is a slow growing cacti,

it might only put on an additional 10cm or so of elongation per year.

i think it's save to assume that the reason for it's above average potency lies (is connected with) to it's slow growing habit!!

:rolleyes:

I've never tried cactus, so excuse my ignorance, but what is the average dose for a T. bridgesii var monstrose?

I think it's safe to assume the pups are generally around the same diameter and height when fully grown, so how many of those pups does it require?

I'm not sure I could ever hurt my Trichs, but I'm just curious because you said "above average potency".

Apothecary, Torsten posted the most succinct answer to this recently. Search "headjob"! :P

VIN'S, cereus and trichocereus are not synonomous. Cereus have thin ribs and are not active, nice fruit though. UTSE - lot's of pics there.

T.b.monstrose is dismally slow growing IME but maybe they like Cairns.

I see. So if one was so inclined, they'd have to eat basically a fully matured pup, or two...

I'm not sure if I could do that to my cacti

I saw a nice looking specimine on e-Bay for a bargain price however they said they don't ship to W.A or Taz. Since when was it unacceptable to post a rooted cactus/sans soil to W.A?

yeah i remember T's post about how much TBM to eat for a experience.

i was also told recently about 3 branchs about 5 cm's length will do the job.

i had only one and i had the giggles for 4 hours even the late night news seem to be a laugh.

felt warm and just big fucking smiles, really great experience, none of the FEAR pinnacles common in lsd

spose thats the reason for the question, how many branches in a year. :D :D :D :D

got to get the mis én placé done!!!!!!

Fenris:

I saw a nice looking specimine on e-Bay for a bargain price however they said they don't ship to W.A or Taz. Since when was it unacceptable to post a rooted cactus/sans soil to W.A?

technically All trichs and echinopsis are on the prohibited plants list in WA

and

do believe you need a permit to import any plant into WA anyway - barerooted or not

hence most catalogues say no to WA as its too much hassle

I was told by retailers over there last visit that the reason they dont label the cactus species (ie the mass imported ones sold in places like bunnings) is that if theres no lable the ag guys dont causea fuss but if they lable them then they reject the non permitted species

messed up hey? you can have a species as long as you dont tell us what it is

Ive seen bunnings selling a few prohibited species in WA anyway - like ceylon hill cherries

[ 26. March 2005, 00:30: Message edited by: Rev ]

with grafting i have been told recently that when you graft it does'nt increase the amount of alkoloids,

does this relate to all grafts?

if you grafted a penis to a bridgesii would that effect the alkoloid content also?

sort of like brothers man!!???

The root mother becomes the 'root', the graft becomes the 'head' AFAIK i.e. the 'root' provides the fast-growing trait and the 'head' produces the goodies of the graft mother

As far as I know, the alkaloid content of the scion (head) is only as much as the rootstock.

If you graft a peyotl button onto a pedrillo, your buttons alkaloid profile will be much closer to the pedrillos than if the peyotl was grown on its own.

thats because it grows faster apoth. slower they grow the more potent they are.

I know of no real reason to do this, other than for curiosity's sake; but, anyone care to speculate what would happen if one were to: Graft a bald(without areoles) joint like the short monstrose bridgesii sometimes produces, onto suitable rootstock. Would the graft abort, grow larger or more potent? Can't see that it would be likely to produce any offsets, since these always seem to pop out from areoles.

Originally posted by jasemateau:

if you grafted a penis to a bridgesii would that effect the alkoloid content also?

hey, reading this i had the idea to graft penis onto pedro, i might increase the growth rate...

penis on pereskiopsis,

phallustastic to say in one word, lol.

:D

[ 29. March 2005, 12:28: Message edited by: planthelper ]

There is a photo of a penis onto dragonfruit graft in the gallery.

normal_bridgesii2.jpg

Interesting looking. The caption is "dick on a stick" :P

if you remove all the areoles then it wont grow out the bald penisy bit, just sits and gets more potent. i grafted a pach onto a bridgesii monstrone its growing slowly but is starting to grow

if you grow a peyote (for example) grafted then cut it off and root it... afetr a year or so it should have simular alkaloid profile to a seed grow one... of the same size! (not age)

it's getting interesting now!!!!!!!!!

teo, that's a very interesting point.

If you shave the areoles it can't pup, and since it stops growing at a certain point, it would just sit there, wouldn't it!

However, I'd be slightly cautious consuming such a thing, left for too long, its alkaloid profile may become dangerous rather than potent.

Especially considering the high tyramine content of the bridgesii monstrose.