The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest reville

Reserve listing for the AFSR

Guest reville

With all the Commercial seed suppliers coming back online the AFSR will be listing some of its species as Trade in the availability column.

What this means is that you can trade seed for it but we arent selling it anymore.

If it is available from a domestic reliable retailer at a reasonable price and the seed is in limited supply at the AFSR or I grew it/ collected it then ill make it a trade item.

You can still be assured that seed sent in will continue to be circulated and that just because we recommend supporting the retailers We are definitely keeping seedstocks in circulation and fulfilling our conservation pledge in case of collapse or closure.

Its not just about competition either.We are finding more and more species that need to be collected and diseminated. rare species, common species and Native species.

We would like to promote these more at the expense of the self selling species.

I think the AFSR has fulfilled one of its roles as a fill in and a mass distribution effort.The amount of Catha edulis and HBWR alone that must have taken root around the country might in my opinion end up changing their availablity forever.

Its now time to move over to a 'peacetime' mode. Paying more attention to non commercially viable species and serving as a distribution forum for experimnetal plants and 'maybes' like the many salvia species under review.For example, before 1992 who would have forked out for Salvia divinorum?

We have some native species on the way that im quite excited about.Ill be updating the seedlist shortly.

Thankyou

rev

Congrats Rev I reckon the AFSR is doing a wonderful job smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 01 May 2002).]