The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
twee

Are my babies ok?

I planted a few different species of cacti seeds ans the larger ones are about the size of a pea and just developing their first spines.

The problem is that theyre all either greenish with reddish brown specks or reddish brown with some greenish spec.

Are they ok?

Theyre in a greenhouse environment in conditions of modest humidity and 70%+ shade and I mist them once or twice a day.

If the brown isn't rot, then it is sunburn. I find that they prefer less than 20% light. Hot or shade houses are usually only 50%. Put another sheet of 50-70% shadecloth directly over the Lophs.

If the brown isn't rot, then it is sunburn. I find that they prefer less than 20% light. Hot or shade houses are usually only 50%. Put another sheet of 50-70% shadecloth directly over the Lophs.

I followed your advice and placed all my trays on the ground under the potting bench in my greenhouse.

When I cam to check on them the following morning every last one of them had been eaten by slugs or something frown.gif

c'est la vie I guess smile.gif

I would never recommend to put them on the ground...... too many critters.

pity for the babies.

feelquite guilty twee watching your babies sprout here.all seeds were planted,but i only want 1 or2 of each,so if i get more there yours,get back to you in a year or 2 about this !!!!

t s t .