The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SirLSD

chemical/precurser doping of cacti???

saw an extract from "peyote and other entheogenic cacti" by adam gottlieb about chemical doping of peyotes and trichs with dopamine or other precursers of mescaline via injection and it has got me interested. has anyone ever tried it? has anyone got any links to more info? has anyone got any links or know where to look for info on cellular biochemistry of cacti (esp trichs)?

thought it was an interesting theory and want to learn more.

do you have a link to back up that statement theobromus?

Guest reville

Yes id like to see that too.

Perhaps its been misconstrued - if it says it riases potency by 1% i think they mean of the dry cactus % by weight not % increase.

The most clear indication of that is that itd mean nothing if you increased by 0.02% - it not even significant enough to say that the mean value has shifted if this was from quite a large number of samples.

Guest reville

Lets say you doped with 3g DL tyrosine into about 2 feet of cactus

Now would you recommend doing this via drip into an actively growing plant outdoors or to a cut length sitting inside?

Also does anyone have any idea if the Tyrosine might just turn straight into Tyramine and go no further. Basically what are the stages from tyrosine to mescaline.

Any good links appreeciated

I don't have a link to back my statement up but I have read the original papers in scientific journals. I checked very carefully that there was no misunderstanding. The scientists were doing this with labelled chemicals to trace the metabolic steps in the creation of various alkaloids within the plant, they were not interested in how much was produced but whether the product contained the labels.