The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Northern N.S.W. Camping Trip, who's interested?

a good base camp would be very handy

somwhere to set up

and from there the more adventurous and fit could go far while those looking to just relax and talk can stay closer to home

A meeting place is handy too cos then some can arrive earlier and leave later than others

without any pressure to move on once the weekend is over

Yes, I have alreadt been thinking about this one Rev, I think the Sheepstation samp site has toilets and is a bit biger but there much nicer, more pituresque sites further up but have no ammenities.

This is another thing we can have a look at when we go down there for scout.

The shops, dr's, pub and so on arent to far away if need be, Kyogle is about 30-45mins away and Ill be bringing an esky and some other bits and pieces for drinks and food.

Depending on the weather, we may not be allowed to have a fire but the nights should be warm by then and I also have a portable gas-burner as well.

Camping trip sounds excellent

Hi... I wouldn't mind coming... but it has to be in school holidays...

which it probably isn't...

:D I was thinkning of coming up around early Janurary - As i have family coming from interstate for Xmas :) I take it eveyone would be busy for New Years? I wouldnt mind camping out over New Years - NYE isnt really that special to me lol

Hmm, when do the school holidays start Gom, primary school dont start holidays until quite late in December do they?

Young Tripper, dont worry mate If your here for NYE your more than welcome to spend it with me, I dont celebrate NYE much either so we can do something local to my place.

Go watch the fireworks on Surfers paradise beach, or go further out and spend it in Byron or something?

Sounds like 2 trips will be the best result, I think it sounds like a smaller group should go in December and the larger group in January.

We make a base camp and people can stay for as long or as little as they like.

I think a group visit to some of the local attractions is also a must for those that are interested.

Please post idea's here!!!

Wadjina Gardens

Tropical fruit world

Jim's nimbin tour

Waterfalls (Protesters etc)

Paul Recher's gardens (part of jim's tour)

(Torsten's allowed to give this one a miss if he comes, LOL)

Crystal Castle

[ 24. September 2005, 05:29: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

If we go to Rechers, we should go sans the tour. The guy likes to talk shit, and I don't want to have to hear it twice :P

Is this a closed grp that is going or can some of us newcomers are welcome to come along. If we are I would be interested. Be just me and my gf.

Hello Green Chemist, like I said above, the idea was to be a camping trip for regulars so that everyone is totaly comfortable and the energies are relaxed but we all have to start someplace and I truely hate snobery, I think this works into the 2 trip idea well, one as a smaller, close knit grdoup and then a larger group.

What does everyone think about 2 group, would any people be interested in going to 2 camping trips or is 1 trip in 2 or 3 months the limit?

[ 25. September 2005, 02:33: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Yeah, I guess for a camping trip, it's kind of like being outdoor-flat-mates. So, it might be better if it is the 'regulars' as you say. Alot of the people on here have varying psychological and social problems, that make meeting new people face-to-face a bit confronting.

I can think of a few people on this forum who seem very shy, and really appreciate being able to get to know you online first.

Really, a single day-meet can be better for getting to know new people. Rather than spending a week together in the wilderness.

All I can say is: I will definitely be around the Byron shire for most of January, and I'm not budging. It's my holidays from work, and I'd already planned to be up that way.

I think what we need Andy, is someone to take the initiative and organise the trip, but I don't know if that person is me. I planned to just kind-of cruise about while I was up there, with no set itinerary.

I will put in my leave application next week, and let you all know the exact dates I'll be around up there. Maybe I'll just organise the January trip.

Ok, I will.

I'll post back here around Wednesday or so. Send me a PM if you're keen for a January meet-up, we'll see what we can do?

Benz, my plans are pretty much the same as yours, mosey on up from Sydney, stop at Central Coast stop at Byron and then up to the Gold Coast where some friends are.

I was talking to YT about it and thinking we all just meet up in Byron for a few days 'cos that place is awesome, then head up to Nimbin for those that haven't seen it, then venture off into the now nearby mountains for as long as we can be assed (stopping to visit Wandjina etc). Then we can part ways, I'm sure Andy will be heading back Gold Coast way and I will be too, whoever else wants to join us can, considering it really isn't too far from Byron.

I doubt there will be a shortage of shit to do, if we hang at Byron for a few days we can get word of all the upcoming doofs (from my understanding there is one almost every weekend) and similar stuff, plus everyone who hasn't been to Byron yet must experience the sheer beauty of its beach.

Some loose organisation is required but I'm sure we will be fine without too much stringency :)

Kool, well, alright then, Im happy to pass organization over to you Benz and being a semi-local to the area Ill help anyway I can and can set up anything you need on the Gold-Coast if you guys want to visit.

[ 25. September 2005, 03:23: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Sounds good guys. :D

Send me the rough dates you'll be in the area, in a PM entitled "Byron Shire", then I can keep it all together, and work out the best times for us all to meet.

I can do this! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Dont worry Benzito, it was my idea and I live in the area so its only fair we share the responsibilities

I was looking for some help rather than wanting to jst dump it all on someone else :D

Sorry if it was heading in a disorganized direction, I was trying to get the idea's to eveolve through everyones input and interests rather than me jst deciding on what we are going to do. I guess it rarely works out well that way.. LOL

So if you can forward the names and date's on to me as well I can have an idea of the size of the group in regards to site position (some are bigger and have more ammenities than others) any potential closing of the park etc and any bookings for tours or rental cars etc.

After much personal experiance, that time of year the whole coast is going off like a frog in a sock with tourists EVERYWHERE and getting most of these things needs boooking and planning in advance.

Fingers crossed we can find a good site without any other people around.

If anybody has any special requests and or special needs please PM me and I will try to sort it out in the comming months before the trip.

Benzito, it would make things a lot easier if you could make your way into the IRC chatroom every few days so we can discuss things in real time not to mention all the #lab reg's would love to see you in there! :P

[ 25. September 2005, 07:43: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Unfortunately, I just don't 'chat' online. :(

Don't really have the time, nor a decent net connection at home. Plus I've been out of the loop for a few years, and really am not up to date with software, or IRC protocols, etc.

Most of my posts here are done during my work-time anyways. At my last 'Personal Development Meeting', my supervisor asked why I always have an "orange window" open on my desktop. What website do you think that was? :):P

Anyways, Personal Messages will be easier to keep track of. Speaking of which: I'll send you one Andy and we'll sort this stuff out.

Hi Andy, I would happy with a general meeting camp like you were saying with the 2 groups and the regs can do their camp. Just though it would be nice to meet some of you guys. I don't post much here, firstly cause you guys have more knowledge me then me and I like what you write. Most of my knowlegde is with Chinese herbal medicine. Also I like to contribute were I can to the topic but don't the depth that some of you have.

We are heading to byron Bay next tuesday. I was going to ask Torsen if I could drop in and say hi but as there is a grp of us from uni going I decided to save that for another time. Umm my gf wants to know if you are a hot female?

Green Chemist: Firstly, I'd keep an eye on your GF.

Secondly: I don't believe Andy is a hot female.

And Thirdly, Torsten is definitely NOT a hot female, far from it. heheh :P

He's a hot hunk of man meat though. Look at EBA, my first post was about how much I love him. :D

Green Chemist, No, Im not a hot female but it gets dark out there and Im good at pretending... :P

Seriously tho Im with Benz on the regulars thing but there is still 2 or 3 months left to get to know everyone, so if you make yourself a regular here (ie: lots of genuine, sharing posts) in that time, or even better go to a Brizzy meet then Im sure you would be welcome to the camping trip.

Thanks Andy. :) Going to a Brisbane meet would be nice. What I really like about this forum is 1st: it has info on Australian plants.

2nd: The people that post here are good ppl and knowledgeable. If you are going to a Brsiabne meet can you send me a PM of when and where? If you are having trouble getting to one your self, I can pick you up from a train station along the beenligh line. GC is a bit of a drvie from the inner city from where I live. :)

ok I'll let you organize and sort everything out... not very good at that anyway....

but as soon as you have decided where and when

BHAM!!!

Oscar and i will be there...

Look forward to it Gom!

But BHAM might be a little too rough for me, remember I said I've got a hernia?

Can you maybe make it:

SWOOSH

Oscar and I will be there?

:P

That sounds a little easier on me. hehe. :D

Just got the footage from the last trip :D

here it is !

Nb: Be patient and let it load.

[ 28. September 2005, 03:56: Message edited by: 2b ]

I'll be up visiting family around Coffs Harbour around then, and I'd love to go camping. Unfortunately I don't drive, so I'm at the mercy of the public transport system &/or friendly drivers on the highway.

If anyone is going to be heading through Coffs to this gathering with a spare couple of seats, would there be any chance of a lift? Or is there a train stop anywhere around this area that we could hitch from?

quote:

the rivers of Nthn NSW do have good fish stocks

and diversity

catfish, mullet, and other wierd things i dont know the name of

Eels too! Never seen much else though - a few mosquito fish, a few turtles - this is around Nambucca/Bellingen though, maybe there's some better eats further north. If not, I make a sweet dahl :)

I'm looking forward to putting some faces to the names.

Anodyne, I could probably pick you up on the way through. Not sure of my exact itinerary yet, but I gotta drive through coffs.

Send me a PM, right now, as a reminder. Title it: Byron Shire trip.

i would love to join in, if i was welcome. i havnt been a member of this site for all that long and have only met one dude from here in person so you prolly dont regard me as a 'regular'

but if i was welcome and have a car by then or can get a lift i would love to participate. only problem is i would have to be at work 12am monday morning (sunday night), could quite easily take a sicky. would still have to be back by 12am tuesday morn tho.