The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

george bush don't like black people

I believe Kanye West, the rapper/producer, was the first person to say "George bush hates black people".

At the MTV awards last week...

but I can't get over the fact that there is already a rap song talking about being shot for looting in the katrina aftermath!

Yeah, I loved that sound bite!

Who calls someone 'mister' as they abuse them?

So much respect. :D

dam i missed the " GO FUCK YOURSELF Mister Chenney" bit. i feel a little empty now :P

Interesting to see President Bush's popularity rating has gone down...finally maybe this could mean a change in the near future.

[ 13. September 2005, 11:38: Message edited by: Young Tripper ]

so what!! someone says fuck you cheney while he's doing a live interview - there has been a whole rap song produced within such a short time of the hurricane talking about the plight of the black people that never had the means to leave the city. music can be such a powerful and positive medium.

mp3 download http://www.archive.org/download/George_Bus...BlackPeople.mp3here

[ 13. September 2005, 11:58: Message edited by: Rune ]

Thats a dam good rap :D Very true about music being a powerful medium Rune

[ 14. September 2005, 11:37: Message edited by: Young Tripper ]

thanks YT :)

I worried I came across as rude and impatient there - the cheney thing was well worth a view - and I'm talking to you other guys too - I was just thinking you had missed the real point of my thread - that there was a song I wanted to share with everyone.

I am so inspired by anyone that can look at a bad situation and create something so positive, while at the same time driving home the fact that things are so fucked up.

and to do it within such a short time ... man ...

that's not real! you know what pisses me off - george bush might very well be bad, but people that doctor images that cause people to believe he is actually so cruel as to do something like this only incite hatred in people that accept things like this without questioning whether it's real. this sort of stuff brings out a hatred in people that doesn't need to be there. we don't need to "hate" george bush to not want him as a world leader.

this is why I call this song positive - because these rap artists are not saying "george bush hates black people", but the much more positive "george bush doesn't care about black people". the wording in the first incites hatred towards bush for being racist. the second educates in the form of music.

[ 16. September 2005, 02:06: Message edited by: Rune ]

Just heard from an ex girl of mine, she lives in Houston at the moment.

She said her cousin died, alone, in an attic, in New Orleans...starved to death.

FEMA won't even let them bury the body because it's unsanitary.

Fuck you Mr Cheney.

of course Nab's pic isnt real. it does reflect how some people who waited 5 days for help could percieve bushes attitude. it didnt change my feelings toward 'the bush'.

did u see bush on tv about day 2 or 3 smiling and proclaiming help is on the way. where from? tonga? that was th image that would have incited hatred for that 'bush'.

thanx nabs, i luv a laugh. :D

Rune:

that's not real! you know what pisses me off - george bush might very well be bad, but people that doctor images that cause people to believe he is actually so cruel as to do something like this only incite hatred in people that accept things like this without questioning whether they are real or not. this sort of stuff brings out a hatred in people that doesn't need to be there. we don't need to "hate" george bush to not want him as a world leader.

anyone who doesn't already hate bush simply hasn't been paying attention.

quote:

her cousin died, alone, in an attic, in New Orleans...starved to death

How horrible.

What a way to go....

Rune, what's the difference between Bush playing golf while New orleans drowns (which is what he was really doing) or him doing some fishing there? Both are equally as callous. I think the picture expresses this well.

Apoth - very sorry to hear that. Given that so few people actually died this is even worse.

because it's not the truth. the golf thing (we can be pretty much totally sure) was true.

I don't for a second want to not know the real truth of what is happening on the planet I live in, but I don't want to ever be tricked.

nabraxas, you may say 'really???' (which to me said 'duuuhhhhh!!!'), but how many times do you think you've been fooled by media? you would have no idea. because you fell for it. and you still don't know the truth. there is a lot of stuff in your head that is lies. your view of the world is skewed.

the golf story is ok. people should never be denied facts. george bush doensn't need more hatred geared towards him. the world doesn't need more hatred.

anyone who hasn't read 1984, you should have by now. hate can be incited just for the sake of hating. I think a lot of people that 'hate' george bush would have no idea why they hate him. maybe I mainly mean young kids. but these are kids who are brought up being told to 'hate this', and they go 'ok'.

[ 15. September 2005, 08:06: Message edited by: Rune ]

Hate , I'm your hate , I'm your hate when you want love......

I love to hate :) Have to agree with rune , double plus good point.

haha :)

[ 15. September 2005, 08:43: Message edited by: Rune ]

nitwit.jpg

obviously fake, so it's ok?

yes i do believe bush is an insensitive bastard, which the picture so accurately portrays.

Don't worry about the golf or fishing.

The only functional airport in the New Orleans area gets shut down (i.e. no airlifts out for survivors) for a day every time Bush comes to "inspect the damage" for security reasons.

Guess there's no way around appearances being more important to people than actualities. Of course the Bush tours of the devastation are mostly about a show of compassion, but that's what the public wants to see.

No doubt the gov't response was in many ways inadequate, but the behind the scenes work of organizing and implementing a proper response is not flashy, and doesn't bring the credit it deserves.

I'd say those who are so focused on finger pointing and inciting hate might make a more positive contribution by devoting that energy to helping those in need.

because it's not the truth

Topic: george bush don't like black people --you sure that "is" the truth, or just

your view of the world is skewed ???

Originally posted by gusto:

I'd say those who are so focused on finger pointing and inciting hate might make a more positive contribution by devoting that energy to helping those in need.

The problem is that that's what most people have done for the last few decades (ie cleaning up AFTER thign happen rather than preventing them) which is why the governments are in such an inadequate state to deal with these disasters when they happen. This is a disaster that happened because of the arrogance of ALL levels of government (and I don't even know what flavour Nagin or the state government are, so this is not a rant against Republicans).

A lot of people want to focus on Katrina itself. But Katrina wasn't the real disaster. The real disaster was the neglect of the federal government to prevent a predicted and virtually inevitable scenario. The disaster is the environmental stupidity surrounding the river marshes which has been driven by corporate greed. The disaster is to allow underprivileged people to build houses below sea level.

My anger in this isn't about the inadequacy of the relief effort - that was just the icing on the cake and should have been expected. My anger is that all levels of government knew this was coming, had practiced for it only a year ago, and have done nothing to prevent it because the consequences were mostly to the poor. Do you really think this sort of cluster fuck up could have happened in Miami?

Short sightedness, greed and ignorance of scientific advice are the pillars of the US federal government. If god & greed are more important than science and nature, then why is anyone surprised at how this unfolded? I feel extremely compassionate towards the people this affected, but as far as I am concerned, let the people who caused the fuck up sort it out. If you don't hold them accountable they will simply do it again and again and again. Could you live with being part of that cycle?