The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Byron

Hey everyone.

Made it up at like, 9pm today.

I somehow managed to take a trip back to the 80's in Ballina...hmm...that might have just been the "Big Shrimp" or whatever it's called heh.

So many drunk stupid people here, I don't like that.

However, I've made friends with some cool Canadian gypsie girls or something and also a hippy who is trying to turn Byron into a separate country from Australia!

Rang AndyAmine (yes it was me dude :D ) but he was in a movie or something. CS had no idea where I could score so I had to go looking for myself.

I managed to find some hippies, and they said it would be cool if I went to the ATM, but when I got back they had run off! Damn hippies.

It's been an awesome night so far, pretty knackered.

Last night I went to the QOTSA concert. Well that isn't true, we lined up from 10AM so we got front row, awesome concert. I spent the whole day walking around newtown asking people for weed. In the end it turned out the guy in line in front of us had some, and we managed to smoke a billy in the phone booth behind the Enmore :P

Anyhoos, gonna go roll a spliff and see if I can go find those Canadian girls. If you're in he area and want to party, my mobi number is

[ 28. August 2005, 15:23: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Edited by Sina

Sounds like you're having a good start to the weekend

The Big Prawn isn't the only relic from the 80's in Ballina. The whole town is pretty much 80's style - even the new houses.

I'll probably catch up with you on monday sometime. Meeting up with minerval too in the afternoon, so we can all hang out together.

have a blast!

Torsten:

The Big Prawn isn't the only relic from the 80's in Ballina. The whole town is pretty much 80's style

Be warned. If you stay in Ballina after sunset you will become an old age pensioner. None of the people who moved there were that old...not til their first sunset. Git outta town bah sundown.

Ahhh, I thought it must have been you mate, sorry.. bloody cars in the shop until I get my engine mounts fixed, ferkn thing is going to cost $835 with labour!!! unbelivbale, its all those country washboard roads... time to sell me thinks. anyone want to buy a 94' Nissian Bluebird??

Am borrowing my Mums' nice Celica ZR to drive down tomorrow to see my bro and his crew while they are there so we can hook up then as well... gimmy a buzz tomorrow afternoon!

Sell! Sell! Sell! Truely Andy, Nissan Bluebirds do not survive these roads well. I have a Pintara TRX which is like a bluebird on steroids, but basically all the parts are bluebird parts (I should know cos I've gutted 2 local models just to keep mine going). After 3 years on the local roads I have now given up trying to keep it running for anything more than as a back up car ie it gets driven once a month). Engine mounts were the first thing, then the engine itself (twice), the suspension every few 1000KM, sway bar about the same, constant electrical problems due to battery jiggles or worn wires, bumpers and various bits falling off, exhaust (can't remember how often I had to get that fixed, leaking front & rear windscreens (passengerside has built in wading pool ), blown stereos, steering column loose, etc etc. Never had any of those problems in my crappy Corona or even Daniel's Excel even though we did a lot more dirt K's in those cars. The Pintara/Bluebird are not designed to be taken off city roads.

Hmmm, yeah, thats what Ill do Torsten, Im going to get the mounts fixed then try and fix up a few of its imperfections over the next few months and put her on the market..

Im glad to hear that its not just me that thinks they should go out of the city although the G.C roads are full of pot holes so they can come close anyway.. :P .. LOL

First it was the timing chain which was about $1500 to fix (only 70,000km on the clock!) now the mounts which will be $835 and there has been a heap of new rattles and stuff comming from the console (one new one thats just unbearable for a guy like me IE: really fussy:) and they said it would cost over $500 just to get inside it and have a look! lots of man hours they say.. plus because its a new style car with lots of electronics etc I cant repair 95% of the car myself without a heaps of expensive gear. so I have to get them to do it..

Im going to get a Holden Stationwagon, a nice one wiht tinted windows and stuff. at least I will be able to get spare parts and do some of the stuff myself then. not to mention haul heaps of gardening stuff around.. :D

$800 for mounts is bullshit. go to the wreckers and snavel a pair with no cracks, then it's simply a matter of taking the weight off your mounts(hoist or block and tackle) and loosening the bolts then swapping mounts. couldn't take more than two hours while pissed.

Thanks for the tips WD, unfortunaly the 94' Nissan Bluebird is one of those cars that doesnt have many spare parts around for it because 80% of the other models use diferent bits, I must have called 10 difernt wreckers. the whole mount arm has to be raplced not just the rubber bits so I think they are charging me about 2hrs on each. plus I dont have ablock and tackle/hoist either so that makes it that much harder. however if you know of a wreckers you know of that may have the parts I would LOVE you forever! :P

this is getting strange

my sister had a nissan, and she blew up 2 engines in 3 years, she drives like a grandma and even on brisbane roads no dirt traks.

that car cost her more to run than the intial cost.

damn nissans, i wont go near em!!!!!!!

get a honda or toyota groover they NEVER stop.

had a honda bike for 8 nearly 9 years, the only thing i replaced were the tyres,chain and one battery, that thing never stoped, and could still take myself easily upto 200,

i was pissed off as soon as i heard about this spendor festival i went online to get tix and well they were all gone.

so i sort of forgot about it, but now it's i so want to see moby play.

i was in thailand when he relased his album and it was every where, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thailand

sawa dee krup

Been an awesome weekend.

Someone cool scored me a ticket for Splendour, so I ended up going, it's one of the best venues I've ever been to!

All the bands sounded awesome, especially QOTSA.

Plenty of interesting things going on all the time, and the weed and food here is damn fine.

what a way to start your week in the area! it will be hard to keep up the pace

quote:

sawa dee krup

In Thailand you genderise your conversation. 'Sawadee' basically means hello and 'kup' = man ('ka' for women).

Good to hear ur having a Great time Apothecary :D Splendor :D :D :P Would have been an absolute blast!!! Dont leave too many broken hearts when u leave apoth :P

splendour was great, and the byron beaches are hard to leave behind! amazing weekend, but time to get some sleep...

AndyAmine.:

a wreckers you know of that may have the parts    :P  

odd thing that the wreckers can't find any, they often have access to a parts database and can usually order things in, unless this mount cracking is endemic across the 94 bluebird range.

[ 28. August 2005, 15:22: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Updates on what the fuck went on and what the pictures mean etc sometime whenever I can be bothered.

[ 28. August 2005, 15:22: Message edited by: apothecary ]

:D HAHAHAHHA nice pics i luv that wooden shroomage!!!! and the apple toke!!!!!! :P

The second photo is the most amazing one.

These guys invented a completely new way of smoking weed. I've never seen or heard about it anywhere before ever. I'm registering an account on overgrow to submit it for the growfaq section.

I want to make sure these guys get the credit!

What youre seeing above is a young hippy lad with a spliff (fire side facing him) in his mouth, roach end in the straw, the other end of the straw peirced carefully through some bubble mix (blowing bubbles stuff), and exhaling.

The bubble fills up with lovely dense smoke, and if you do it slowly you can get the bubbles pretty big.

Then you just suck the bubble out of the air! It's quite a large puff if the smoke is dense, and the effect is rather powerful.

I'm not sure how healthy all that soap is, but I guess it can't be too bad.

Fucking awesome.

postcard.jpg

This is the crazy hippy I met on the first night there looking for weed, he told me how he is trying to separate Nimbin and Byron Bay from the rest of Australia and stuff.

I think it's pretty cool I got to meet the guy whos head is on posters and stash tins all over the world.