The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

i found a new fave beer ;)

if your ever in adelaide goto the belgium beer bar. They have heaps of belgium beers there on tap, quite pricey though.

thanks gerbil!..i'll check it out...not that far

me like the Schofferhofers *drool* .. great aroma..classy labels..good sized bottle :)

i wish they made a stronger ale though..8% is good

narayan, noted :)

[ 10. July 2005, 16:06: Message edited by: coin ]

thanks gerbil - shoefferhofer is my fave beer in oz, but sadly not all that readily available for me. The first time I saw it was in 93 in a bottle'o in carlton that has hundreds of beers on display. I gave all my luggage to a friend to post up to sydney so I could take a case of the beer on the plane with me For a couple of years it was the only place to get it, but eventually we found some in sydney. It was quite widespread for a while, but I spent too much time drinking wine to keep up with beer :rolleyes:

The summer blonde was around for at least a couple of years. It was hugely successful - at least in darlinghust/prahran

I'm pretty sure I still have the glasses set for this one (I collect promo glass sets for all my favourite beers :o )

Did a google - sounds like it is being marketed as Grolsch Blonde now. But not in oz :(

http://www.hailtheale.com/blog/_archives/2.../23/273996.html

haha they are pretty meaty bottles ey coin.

to add to what narayan said, there's actually a belgium beer cafe in melb, also in sydney aswell i think. Melbourne one is on st kilda road, near the blind institute or something along those lines.

T, if we manage to snag some blonde or schofferhofer i'll keep you in mind. Thanks for the blonde info and link, I wonder if places like dan murphys ever get small shipments, hmm. Will be in touch.

Torsten:

whatever happened to Grolsch 'summer blonde'? this was all the rage with girls and queers about 8 years ago, but I haven't seen it since. Is that just due to my remoteness or is it not available anymore?

Si T,... Grolsch. Good beer,.. used to be one of my faves.

These days it's almost anything goes, aslong as it doesnt completely taste like piss :D

I appreciate many brews. Havnt really done beer serious beer sampling in a while.

Whatever happened to Resche's Real?

Used to love that beer.. back in High school when it was $20 a carton..I think nearly everyone loved it.

-bumpy

brian:

brian:

whatever happened to Grolsch 'summer blonde'? this was all the rage with girls and queers about 8 years ago, but I haven't seen it since. Is that just due to my remoteness or is it not available anymore?

Si T,... Grolsch. Good beer,.. used to be one of my faves.

Summer blonde grolsch would either be a seasonal thing Is indeed a seasonal thing Gebril!

These days it's almost anything goes, aslong as it doesnt completely taste like piss :D

I appreciate many brews. Havnt really done beer serious beer sampling in a while.

:P

ok, maybe i am just draggin my desparate ass through a briare patch, but have any of you kids tasted aussie beer.

WTF?!?!??! am i just wasted on shit or are you kiddies just tastin what ya old man said was good.

reminds me of "back in my day" where tooheys 22 was big.

do any of you peeps old enough to remember that shit??? AND i do not say that lightly.

lol

but seriously, WTF are you guys gettin into these days/?!?!?!?!??! :confused:

I've never managed to drink aussie beers unless I was stoned. Seriously. I'd rather go dry. And it's not just a matter of taste, but there is a real physical reason too as aussie beer makes me feel real crook inside - especially the next day. But even on the night I can't seem to hold as much of it down and I usually stop drinking much earlier. Actually, I should clarify that. Not all aussie beer is crap. Only the main ones like CUB, XXXX etc. Nothing wrong with Cascade and many many boutique beers. When I lived in melbourne I used to do most of my drinking at the station tavern in Prahran and they used to brew their own beer. One of their light ales was even better than Grolsch Blonde In those days you couldn't get many imported beers in pubs. NEVER on tap. Grolsch and Heineken were the first, then the Italian ones. Even most nightclubs didn't have bottled beer. When I used to do gigs in country towns I used to stick to spirits cos there was no choice in beers.

Maybe it's in my genes - being german and all :D

totally agree, CUB beers are filth.

i know quite a few aussis who'd turn their noses up at all the above mentioned brews preferring Vic Bitter, as 'the best beer in the world'.

even "crown lager"---the top ov the CUB range--tastes like crap to me.

& don't get me started on those "cold" filtered beers, like "carlton cold".

i guess it's just what you're used to, & there's no accounting for taste

& beer drinking is in every northern europeans genes.

way back in henry VIII's time people stopped drinking water---it carried diseases like cholera---& switched to beer.

the ration for every man woman & child was 8 pints a day (a hogshead).

[ 11. July 2005, 21:51: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

Cooper's Pale Ale - yum, yum! :D

You can drink it all night and not get to pissed.

4.5%alc seems to be a really good level for the body to be able to deal with.

strangebrew:

Cooper's Pale Ale - yum, yum!   :D  

Agreed. 3 drinks is a big night for me, so I don't bother drinking crap, but pale ale is the best non-boutique aussie beer.

hehe coopers pale ale is the best no preservatives and comes with a best after date heheheh the older the better and is secondary fermented in the bottle just as good ol home brew hmmm god bless the coppers brewery

The only aussie beers that I can drink are the coopers range and tooheys old, cos they have a bit of flavour to them compared to the other crap.

The coopers home brew kits are good too, the pale and sparkling ales come up really nice.