The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

i found a new fave beer ;)

Bravara%20TopDown.jpg

the beer's from brazil & it's called Bravara.

it has that Corona style taste (so good w/a slice ov lime) w/just a little more bite.

& @ my bottle shop it's only $10.99 for a 6 pack :):):)

Corona is great on a really hot day, easy to drink and no bloat....just need a hot day in July in Victoria! :)

Bravo on your Bravara!

[ 06. July 2005, 02:06: Message edited by: noun ]

nabraxas:

& @ my bottle shop it's only $10.99 for a 6 pack   :)     :)     :)  

Beer... poo. why is it that beer always ends up in the forum I have to look at :P

tee hee

"Corona style taste" - does that mean this is also a wheat beer? I love wheat beer - as long as it isn't "Red Back" :rolleyes:

Beer... poo. why is it that beer always ends up in the forum I have to look at

*LOL* What about cider? Bulmers and Mercury...mmmm

Torsten:

"Corona style taste" - does that mean this is also a wheat beer? I love wheat beer - as long as it isn't "Red Back"     :rolleyes:  

mmmm. Red Back. Good stuff ;-)

err... i didn't think Corona was a wheat beer.

Bravara isn't, as far as i can tell.

red back, beez neez & cascade summer blonde - are the only wheat beers i've come across in Aus.

the cascade summer blonde is very nice

Sorry DL, i know you aren't a fan, but i didn't think it was suitable for the 'ethnobotany' section

a lot of places have had hoegaarden for years (a wheat beer)

why don't you like red back torsten? something about it is too sour for me.

the grand ridge natural blonde is alright

they have some other great beers tho

http://www.grand-ridge.com.au

lol Torsten, I bought a six pack of that, bloody awful stuff it was.

If you like wheat beer, try and get your hands on some of that James Squire limited edition Golden Ale.

Drink it while eating some of those soy crisp thingies, its probably the best beer ever.

Tried a 6 pack o' this yesterday. once u go black...

coin:

a lot of places have had hoegaarden for years (a wheat beer)

That is possibly my most favourite beer EVER :) The Beligans certainly know their way around a beer vat. Liquor Legends in Lismore stock it, its just a shame its so exxy.

Weihenstephan brews a good weissbeer too. I must admit i was into the wheat beer more this time in Germany than last time. It takes a few goes to appreciate it, like any drug/food/etc.

Maybe DL wants more to talk about cigarettes or periods than beer :D

Im a fan of Mountain Goat - it isnt wheat beer, but its the best pale ale ive tried.

I like Mountain Goat. Came across it last year on a trip to sydney, but haven't seen it up here.

I'm gonna have to get me some of that Hoegaarden then :)

Hmmm, I could have sworn corona was a wheat beer... but it apparently is not. ah well, still tastes light and acidic

hoegaarden is such a refreshing summer beer..but it can seem a bit tasteless after a while. a few female friends enjoy it, and they generally dislike beer. i don't know much about brewing, but sometimes it tastes fantastic and even more refreshing on tap

i've been waiting to try hoegaarden "grand cru" since i saw it at beertopia (will never go again), but they werent selling any, and i havent seen it around yet.

i think it's a wheat beer, but it's up around 8%

i did try bravara at beertopia..some friends really like it. the grand ridge brews were the only ones that stood out to me.

i sometimes enjoy hoegaarden's "verboden frucht" sp? ("forbidden fruit") but some of my friends think it's apalling (though they don't like high alc beers)

i've still not ventured into home brew...how can i get some of these amazing belgian ale yeasts??

[ 07. July 2005, 13:53: Message edited by: coin ]

whatever happened to Grolsch 'summer blonde'? this was all the rage with girls and queers about 8 years ago, but I haven't seen it since. Is that just due to my remoteness or is it not available anymore?

light and acidic yeah, that's the taste i mean, w/a slightly sweet aftertaste.

when price is no barrier, i still can't go past the czech pilsners, like Urquel.

how can i get some of these amazing belgian ale yeasts??

Any good homebrew shop should have some liquid yeasts for different styles of beer, each with differing flavours and attenuation levels (how well they turn the sugar into alcohol). All you need to do is buy one and then use it to make up a few starters with some dry malt. Then you just use one of these in your brew and keep the others sealed and in your fridge until they are needed.

After living on a diet of practically only Toohey's New, Red Bull and two minute noodles for a week...any beer that isn't made by CUB will probably make me cream my pants.

-bumpy

Try putting some lemon in with your bravara, then i like to put a few drops of tabasco sauce for a little bit of a tang

i like "suffolk stong ale" and "abbots ale" the best, for a strong english drink

ok, that lime thing was taken from the mexicans. they shove it in the mouth to keep the fuckin flys out.

and corona is like having sex in a canoo. its fucking close to water. get some good thick mead into ya!

agreed nabraxas its a nice drop.....

has anyone tried the sandgroper beer "little creatures pale ale" ?? bloody top drop...give it a go.. :D

Torsten:

whatever happened to Grolsch 'summer blonde'? this was all the rage with girls and queers about 8 years ago, but I haven't seen it since. Is that just due to my remoteness or is it not available anymore?

T, try and get

Schofferhofer Kristallweizen or the cloudy version Heffellweizen (sp??). It's a wheat beer.

It's easily available in oz, but might be a bit more tricky where you are? I'm not a drinker, but this one is very good quality from word of mouth.

Summer blonde grolsch would either be a seasonal thing or has been discontinued. Quite possibly it was just marketed for a season at a specific audience then cashed in and changed lines for another short market.

Summer blondes are beers designed for the specific season, like summer blonde will be an easy refreshing drink in the hotter time of the year, wheras say a winter beer or 'christmas' beers are ones designed to have a more warming effect complimenting the season, hence higher alcohol beers in winter.

Anyway, i think that's the case, my understanding of it anyway,

My dad is a guru on beers/wines, he has been in the industry over 35 years, i'll try and get some info out of him, asleep atm.

Have looked through many good ref. books, can't find any listings of grolsch summer blonde at all. I'd lean towards it being a short marketing stunt then discontinued the line, will let you know if i find out any more.

[ 10. July 2005, 12:55: Message edited by: gerbil ]

coin:

i've still not ventured into home brew...how can i get some of these amazing belgian ale yeasts??

Howdy coin, Try a place in fairfield (not sure where you are located in melb), i'm not too sure of the name, but it's something like

Australian wine and brewing supplies. Apparently you should find some good yeasts there.