The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

EGA conference ongoing reports?

If any of you going to EGA would care to post updates etc over the weekend and let us know how its going, I'd love to hear it. Wish I was going :(

Have fun anyhows. I have a feeling it might be a bit quiet here until everyone is back and fully recovered :D

Ditto that Darklight!!! Is any of the presentations being Recorded etc?? for us unlucky folks back home?

[ 26. June 2005, 00:35: Message edited by: Young Tripper ]

I had a ball!!! Excellent talks, great people and a really suitable space. It was just a perfect weekend all round, except it was really fucking cold. Like, there was ice on the car windows by 9pm. (I can't believe I used to live near there!)

I am knackered, so that's all you're going to get out of me for tonite. More details tomorrow.

Torsten:

I am knackered, so that's all you're going to get out of me for tonite.

That'd be right, I get an SMS today telling me I missed an unbelievably good time and I wait for details... and I wait... and I wait... and this is all the thanks I get

Nyah.

Nah, glad you had fun, you well earned it :cool:

It was friggin freezing , great speakers and it wasn't that cold during the day (or around the fire).I loved Krustys' idea of a phsycadelic BBQ , definately the way of the future. :)

well im sad to say it was a disaster for me:(

i got up there late, hung around the fire for a bit and it was so fucken cold it was beyond a joke! then to make things worse i got fuken arrested out near ararat! :mad:

arrested for what, Psycho?

We're you perhaps picking mushrooms?

wow, I heard a rumour about that cos I kept asking people if they had seen you yet. Ronny said you were there for half an hour and that you left and got arrested. That sucks! What did they get you for/with?

For the northeners much of the activity revolved around finding warm spots like near the fire, heater or kitchen. A couple of times I had to break off conversations cos my jaw was locking up from teeth chattering so hard.

Krusty's talk was great. While all the other talks were great from an ethnobotany perspective, Krusty's came for me at a very significant time. Some of my posts over the last few months indicate just how obsessed I am with the relevance of the doof/rave community to the peak experience, and the group discussion on Krusty's topic gave me a very different perspective and has resolved some issues for me.

The highlight for me was however meeting people and actually having the time to chat to them. I meet lots of people at the EB's, but never have time for any in depth discussions so it all ends up in a blur afterwards.

No point saying much about the talks themselves. I believe they are all recorded, so hopefully they will be made available at some stage. The content of all of them was excellent and diverse. Great quality from newbies as well as the old hands.

The equipment failure on the doof floor wasn't much of an issue for most. There was music elsewhere and lots of other entertainment.

So one thing i did miss , was who won the raffles ?

i was hanging around the fire awhile then when the power kept cutting out i went back to the car.

i started tripping pretty hard so i was in the car half the night

i got arrested for use and possession of cana bis and speed:(

first actual charge so i only have to c a counselor

im pissedf off tho as i was so looking forward to meeting everyone:(

oh well hopefully next time itll work out better!

psycho0:

i got arrested for use and possession of cana bis and speed:(

first actual charge so i only have to c a counselor

im pissedf off tho as i was so looking forward to meeting everyone:(

oh well hopefully  next time itll work out better!

how did they get you? were you on the property for the conference or driving to it or what?

Raffle info ASAP.... need to find my head, and find Adrian and we will post the results

:D

Havnt posted up until now because I didnt and still dont know what to say, but it was fantastic the best weekend ever even. The presentation quality was great and the people way too cool. It was nice to meet all of you and put faces to names, I only wish i could have met more of you, but i got stuck in the kitchen next to the heater with tstantra most of the night. It was bloody freezing.

I am sure CS will have lots to say when he finally makes it back.

And yes CS did have the double ended dildo out for a little while in the morning.

Take care everyone.

Forgot to mention well done ronny and all the staff. Much respect to the cook and kitchen staff now that was a job well done!

Had a ncie chat with the owners of the venu they are a really nice couple and told us we are welcome back anytime.

psycho, how did you deal with getting arrested while tripping?

quote:

psycho, how did you deal with getting arrested while tripping?

Ride the wave? :P

we went to ararat sunday morning and the cunts were on the side of the road and pulled us over

luckily it was near the end of my trip so i let my mate do most of the talking

i was in the interogation room for about 3hrs or so and by the time they interviewed me i was fine

lol!

Cop: Let's let him stew in there for a few hours, fuck with him a little.

psycho0: Wow...I hope they don't come in for a few hours, the walls still look awesome!

bummer, I was at the doof fire while they were fiddling with the music (and eventually creating fireworks and a smoke bomb ). Damn!

apothecary:

lol!

Cop: Let's let him stew in there for a few hours, fuck with him a little.

psycho0: Wow...I hope they don't come in for a few hours, the walls still look awesome!

hahaha

i was so looking forward to meeting everyone!

I feel for ya Psycho0

[ 06. July 2005, 15:08: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Pretty late but first chance i've had to post!

What an awesome conference!!! Had to be one of the best i've been to... really appreciated the victorian vibe..

Good to see more women in attendance also!

It was pretty full on at times... i experienced many of the talks as though what we were seeing and hearing was just the tip of the iceburg.. there was a great deal of information being shared between Everyone over the days, verbally and telepathically!

thanks to everyone who attended, and big thanks to Ronny - who managed to stay up.. roughly seven days straight? Good work.

..Was amazed we managed to pull off such a *classy* after party in Dalesford! Thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped make check-out surprisingly smooth!

The recordings of the talks will be sorted asap... we are leaving for peru in a week, but hopefully bringing a functioning laptop along.. so hopefully available in a few weeks!

-Natasha

So, when are we going to find out what CS was doing with the double ended dildo?

Where is he anyways? I imagine in a K-hole somewhere. :D

dildoboy was well behaved. He was too sick to be hyperactive, and when he had finally taken enough drugs not to be sick anymore he was just too out of it to do anything.

As far as carrying round a double ended dildo all day, this was simply impossible because he needed one hand to hold the nitrous ballon and the other to stroke himself :P

[ 06. July 2005, 14:34: Message edited by: Torsten ]