The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
withdrawl clinic

total lunar eclipse tonight!!!

fellow sab astronomer's!

a nice total lunar eclipse will take place tonight, from most parts of eastern oz!

don't miss it.

some people lunar light can heal cancer, well tonight, it will be earth light illuminating our moon, and reflecting it back to us on earth.:wub::):drool2:

Eclipses visible in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - 26 May 2021 Lunar Eclipse (timeanddate.com)

• Like 4

Looking forward to this too. Doesn't sound like in the west we have quite as much of a show as you folk on the east coast but I think we still have a pretty awesome view tonight. Hopefully can get a few nice pics. 

Thanks wc.  This thread was my go-to when I realised the eclipse was actually worth looking at (for once)

i saw it well, and got even rewarded, observing two bright meteors as well.

once the moon got darker the milky way came out, awesome.

i said something withch i think is only partly true, in other words if you would have been on the moon whilst the lunar eclipse took place, you would have enjoyed a total solar eclipse caused by earth!!!!! i think no such was ever recorded by photos...

the copper moon color is produced by light passing around the earth coming from the sun, me thinks.

the old earth light theory has only merit if you see a very new moon.

yes, its the light refracting through the earths atmosphere that gives it the red.

I took a photo expecting to be disappointed.

bloodmoon.thumb.jpg.c833e595f72305983fec5aa272daf65d.jpg

I wasn't disappointed.

ahh meteors... been a while since i've seen one of those in the city.  or the milky way...

(edit: my family just walked in raving about the extremely bright shooting star they'd just seen B))

Edited by SayN
new info
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SayN said:

yes, its the light refracting through the earths atmosphere that gives it the red.

I took a photo expecting to be disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed.

ahh meteors... been a while since i've seen one of those in the city.  or the milky way...

(edit: my family just walked in raving about the extremely bright shooting star they'd just seen B))

there is a chance they have seen the same fireball as me.

you know, astronomy and sience started by people like us, and comminicating.

meteors are not very far away from an observer, and i can imagen some middle eastern people (before the rise of islam, which i totaly respect)

saying i saw this green fireball, to his friend 100 of kays away, i saw it too, he replies, but it was in another star sign.

and astronomical trigonometry was born!!! :)

Yes we were out side freezin our bits off hoofin a bungar watchin it.

Took some crappy pics - maybe if you zoom in you can see some clarity............. i'd been sick for a few days and today woke up feeling heaps better:wink: - go figure

1a.jpg2a.jpg3a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg