Jump to content
The Corroboree
withdrawl clinic

covid 19 vaccination

Recommended Posts

Brave Australians stood up to tyranny just days ago.

Posting here a link to standard Australian media coverage which as we all know is free of disinformation so it's OK for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqlpO785Y90

The ABC should be de-funded.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More fun and games in Melbourne as the saga continues.

VIC Govt wants to see Australianso get killed by violence instead of covid.

Here's links to two vids on the action.

At some stage I'll find the patience to remember how to embed vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jReamRwtNrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCIWfRmZ-Ww

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not construction workers but "neo-Nazis" -- this a bit rich, coming from the ABC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'd love to see the ANMF (nursing union) come and stand up to them.  Protesting against fuckwits who make everyones life harder.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fyzygy said:

Not construction workers but "neo-Nazis" -- this a bit rich, coming from the ABC.

Did look a bit like an Australia first rally though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mycot said:

Brave Australians stood up to tyranny just days ago.

Posting here a link to standard Australian media coverage which as we all know is free of disinformation so it's OK for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqlpO785Y90 

The ABC should be de-funded.

 

My brain is really struggling here.  Can someone please tell me what this clip has to do with the ABC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Protests are now underway against last nights earthquake. Shaking of the earth is an invasion of our individual rights to stand unhindered.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ they certainly don't intend to take it lying down.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SayN said:

 

My brain is really struggling here.  Can someone please tell me what this clip has to do with the ABC?

As the person who made the statement I may be best qualified to answer it.

That clip illustrates how corporate news no longer has any regard for truth but is merely a lying propaganda machine.

This applies from 9 News to Skynews, and the ABC is no different, so there is no moral argument for preserving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Mycot said:

news no longer has any regard for truth but is merely a lying propaganda machine.

This applies from 9 News to Skynews, and the ABC is no different, so there is no moral argument for preserving it.

 

But promoting nationalism has always been the ABC's raison d'être. (Just as the Shrine of Remembrance has always been a monument to sacrifice, not freedom.)

 

One thing I've noticed about the ABC and Covid -- 

it's politically correct these days for all ABC news personalities to express concern over mental health issues. Any mention of trauma, abuse, anxiety, depression, is followed by a disclaimer: please seek help if needed ... unless, of course, you're opposed to mandatory vaccination -- then the gloves are off, and you're just plain batshit crazy. No Lifeline support for you. 

 

Being the paragon of political correctness, the ABC is naturally opposed (at least in principle) to totalitarianism. But if fascism may be defined as the merger of state and corporate power (Mussolini) then what word should be used instead to describe the all-but-mandatory rollout of Pfizer et al.?

 

I won't be cajoled or ridiculed into vaccination. Am I just plain batshit crazy? So be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mycot said:

As the person who made the statement I may be best qualified to answer it.

That clip illustrates how corporate news no longer has any regard for truth but is merely a lying propaganda machine.

This applies from 9 News to Skynews, and the ABC is no different, so there is no moral argument for preserving it.

 

What is "the truth" that was disregarded? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"brave Australians.. "... Make me fckn laugh. 

 

Pawns, bunch of Pawns. As long as it suits the agenda who cares... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SayN said:

 

What is "the truth" that was disregarded? 

 

 

Your BS detector is in serious need of tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zcx03LAHI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mycot said:

Your BS detector is in serious need of tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zcx03LAHI

 

Is that it?  To counter one piece of 'propaganda' with simply another piece of 'propaganda' seems naive.

 

Frankly, the commercial channels ARE toxic - they are largely unwatchable - I think everybody here would agree.  But is your call to de-fund the ABC over it not just misplaced anger? What do you expect of the ABC?  Counter opinion pieces supporting the "brave freedom fighters" like your youtube examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SayN said:

 

Is that it?  To counter one piece of 'propaganda' with simply another piece of 'propaganda' seems naive.

 

Frankly, the commercial channels ARE toxic - they are largely unwatchable - I think everybody here would agree.  But is your call to de-fund the ABC over it not just misplaced anger? What do you expect of the ABC?  Counter opinion pieces supporting the "brave freedom fighters" like your youtube examples?

 

Yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  Thanks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think poor and flawed reasoning is too often excused or accepted when it ends up with a conclusion we think is harmless or even one we agree with. When one person does charity and feeds the hungry because they think a god wants them to this seems good and we congratulate this but it is identical reasoning to when another person who throws a gay person off a roof because they think a god wants them to.

When someone arrives at a seemingly harmless conclusion because of their feelings,woowoo nonsense or because some yahoo on youtube said so we shouldn't be too surprised when they end up arriving at a really stupid or dangerous conclusion using those same methods of reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In medicine, miRNA can be considered as a novel and attractive biomarker for therapeutic targets. On the other hand, it has been reported that plasma from SARS-CoV-2 infection recovering individuals can be used to treat patients with COVID-19 due to the presence of antivirus miRNAs and antibodies. It is estimated that the miRNAs involved in blocking the ACE2 or TMPRSS2 can regulate the cytokine storm in SARS-CoV-2 infection."

 

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/10.2217/fvl-2020-0389

 

One day people will be able to understand what I've been talking about, and i look forward to that point in time. 

I don't like the idea of using modified nucleotides as antiviral, but while most people don't know what nucleotides are, idunno if they will understand my concerns. 

Sorta like how they don't understand why I'm so excited about the possibility of using miRNA to control gene expression. 

 

Just another "innovative and radical" thats way ahead of his time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Change said:

 

...One day people will be able to understand what I've been talking about, and i look forward to that point in time...

 

...Just another "innovative and radical" thats way ahead of his time.

 

Dude you're seriously underestimating the scientific knowledge of many of the members here. Just because don't give a shit, or can't be bothered responding, doesn't mean people don't understand. 

 

There are members here that are extremely scientifically literate and some are even leaders in their field, gaining them a great deal of respect both nationally and globally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if u got your knickers in a knot over my comments dude, i wasn't trying to take some sort of higher ground, just keen for the point in time when people understand what I'm talking about. Regardless of how much scientific knowledge in whatever field it may be, nationally and globally respected, provides no guarantee they will understand my points. I'm not easy to understand, doesn't mean those who don't get me aren't clever or worth trying to communicate with. 


The "innovative radical" statement is a reference to a joke i made at a camp a few years ago, some blokes here will get a giggle out of it, ya had to be there i guess. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

you forgot to call unvaccinated people "mass-murderers" ... 

the "freedoms" you fail to comprehend include the entire bundle of human rights as we know them (they come as a package deal)

the right to physical integrity exists because of medical experimentation upon Jewish bodies during WWII. it guarantees every (human) body the freedom not to be subject to invasive procedures without their freely given, fully informed consent.

these are established legal principles, you can't do away with them & still (meaningfully) proclaim "the rule of law"

grave times are ahead, if human rights can be overthrown in the name of some conceptual greater good, such as public health. or, more likely: the economy. 

who are the real vandals in this scenario? I would suggest, those chipping away at the edifice of legal rights and freedoms. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by fyzygy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×