The Corroboree
withdrawl clinic

covid 19 vaccination

7 hours ago, fyzygy said:

https://plantbasednews.org/lifestyle/health/vegan-diet-can-slash-severity-of-covid-19-study/

I don't hear anything from our Chief Health Officer about this study ... 

its hardly ground breaking research though is it?  an online survey with a pretty small and narrow sample size.  Surprised that a healthier diet makes you... healthier?  Want the CHO to mandate a ban on meat?  That one wouldn't go down well i bet.  Anyway, that's probably why he didn't mention it.  Simples.

• Haha 1

So as we come to the end of the madness (part #2) I think we should just start to move on.  We've all made our beds.  The vaccinated are happy.  The unvaccinated are less happy in the short term - but feel free complain to your government (safely, and without jeopardising the safety or welfare of others).  Clive Palmer looks like an honest and trustworthy bloke btw.

I have no resentment of the unvaxxed other than the angry, militant, irresponsible and self-righteous actions of a few but I think we all have far more in common on this forum than we have differences - and we should focus on that.

2 hours ago, -RC- said:

Thanks.

I'm no expert on scientific studies but there seem to be some issues there if one were to take a conclusion that you would reduce the risk of severe covid by eating a plant based diet from it.

Aside from being all based on self reporting there seems to be a bit of an issue with sampling size and bias among other things. I think all i could honestly attain from the study as done is that healthier people will fair better in regards to a covid infection which is already pretty well known. (as in people that care what they eat being more likely to be healthy in general than people that just eat whatever)

Just from a quick google before posting it seems that others far more qualified than me to judge the study arrived at a similar conclusion with the general consensus being along the lines of "interesting study with poor methodology, should encourage a better study on the question but switching to a plant based diet to protect yourself from covid isn't being supported here"

I only have a couple of cultural reference points, but they're almost always apt...

"Say, Moe, is it a duck?"

Sorry, promised myself not to keep doing this.

Edited by Change

double post, oppsy 

Edited by Change

can you explain to me why, the case numbers are still climbing, although, those states have managed to double vax ~80% of there population ??!

i am double vaxxed, and i still get head aches and ringing in the ears, since 11 weeks, thx astra zeneca!

as well the soles of my feet are hurting frequently, and for days after the two shots,  ther was a little bit of blood when i blew my nose.

head aches and titnitis since 10 weeks, and now they tell us, i can still get covid.

if anybody knows, who could help me or who to hold responsible, let me know, thx.

6 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

can you explain to me why, the case numbers are still climbing, although, those states have managed to double vax ~80% of there population ??!

It can still spread even if everyone was vaccinated it will just spread faster among those who aren't, being vaccinated will lower the chance you will get infected if exposed but won't prevent it.

basically vaccines give your immune system an understanding of what to expect and how to fight covid if/when you get infected in the future and save it from having to try figure that out while* being infected. But i think the immune response happens outside the cells that are infected and if a virus manages to get into a cell it will still replicate whether you're vaccinated or not but as the replications emerge from the cell they will be effectively attacked if your immune system knows how to kill them lessening the chance they will get into another cell before being destroyed , this is the same reason you are less likely to become infected after being exposed if vaccinated as a virus particle has to get through an immune system that knows it and how to destroy it before it can get to a cell. Not being vaccinated means it can basically get to a cell unchalllanged before your immune system even recognises it as a threat.

Edited by ZooL

I have lived a full life, So two more needles won't hurt? Done.    Anyone dosing their children yet? 

seems like the schools will be the super spreader when the country is open .

Edited by oncewhywechange

On 16/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, ZooL said:

It can still spread even if everyone was vaccinated it will just spread faster among those who aren't, being vaccinated will lower the chance you will get infected if exposed but won't prevent it.

wc said: covid - 19

no effective vaccinations will be found

1 hour ago, withdrawl clinic said:

wc said: covid - 19

no effective vaccinations will be found

They are effective vaccines , in fact i think they are up there with the most effective vaccines we make. 60-90% is pretty good in terms of vaccines

At what they are if everyone was vaccinated the virus would spread so slow it would prob fizzle out pretty quick and very few(comparatively) would die while that was happening. But the other important* thing vaccines do to make them efficient aside from reducing spread is give YOU pre warning of what to expect when, so if a vaccine is say 70% effective that means that when given the practice targets in the vaccine to people 7 out of 10 people's immune systems would figure and effective way to fight it while the practice targets are present.

If your system doesn't learn to fight it efficiently in the time the vaccine is in your systems it means you don't get the benefit of effective antibodies and immune response, you will still get another try when infected with the actual virus, the down side with that try is if your immune system doesn't figure something out quick enough you will start to get sick and if it takes to long after that you may die.

It's not perfect but it's the best we got, if you are young and healthy you will most likely recover from getting covid and not being vaccinated, but you will still be be spreading it at a non reduced rate. So basically you will be walking around playing Russian roulette with random people you encounter. If we know we're gonna potentially end up doing that we should really be doing what we can to limit the amount of bullets in the cylinder, even if we can't be guaranteed to remove them all.

Edited by ZooL
  • Like 2

Project Veritas - worth researching. Israel... research. World doctors alliance, Rome accord. Why boosters? Doesn’t that mean the first round doesn’t work? Look at any countries statistics and draw your own conclusions. You don’t need it, you never did. Oh, and still to date, cv19 has never been isolated. 
the mockingbird media isn’t going to tell you any facts. But there are plenty of actual experts (with names and credentials unlike the experts of MSM) in the field with damming evidence. Research is your friend. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zedo said:

Project Veritas - worth researching. Israel... research. World doctors alliance, Rome accord. Why boosters? Doesn’t that mean the first round doesn’t work? Look at any countries statistics and draw your own conclusions. You don’t need it, you never did. Oh, and still to date, cv19 has never been isolated. 

the mockingbird media isn’t going to tell you any facts. But there are plenty of actual experts (with names and credentials unlike the experts of MSM) in the field with damming evidence. Research is your friend. 

When you say research, please tell me you don't mean watching videos on certain sites. 

• Like 2

On 20/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, Glaukus said:

When you say research, please tell me you don't mean watching videos on certain sites. 

How is taking information from professionals in the industry an issue? These people are not just randoms. Especially the rome accord and world doctors alliance ... or American frontline doctors. 

im not interested in you tubers but rather people who are literally the people who do the science and do actual investigative reporting.

3 hours ago, Zedo said:

Interesting how a FOI request says it’s never been isolated, even as of august this year. And there has been court cases is numerous countries to prove this. 

Hi zedo. You're wasting your energy trying to use an FOI to find freely available information as an open access article online mate. Here's the link to the actual article for you -

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2020/212/10/isolation-and-rapid-sharing-2019-novel-coronavirus-sars-cov-2-first-patient

I don't have a clue if MJA is considered credible in your circles but it is for most medical researchers.

For anyone interested, the way to critique what any 'scientific' media article says is 1) read their media article 2) check the media article has a citation of some form, if not ignore the media article 3) if so, track down the journal article via the citation 4) check the journal article does actually make similar conclusions to the media article, if not ignore everything and ignore the following steps unless you're interested in why the media is wrong 5) read the journal article critically asking yourself 'do their claims match the evidence', 'why are they saying that' etc etc., then if you want to be 110% thorough, skim through the reference list and check they aren't all from predatory or poor quality journals (usually preprints would be included in this list but with the unprecedented rapid production of covid papers you could let them slide, but really you should add another step and at the least read their abstract and results) 6) reach an evidence based conclusion.....and voila, your now thinking critically and addressing the scientific literature in the way it was meant to be addressed, regardless of your initial beliefs or biases.

Oh and for further food for thought, check this diagram out. A lot of people on both sides of the debate like to use the 'cognitive dissonance' bias to counter others (not saying I've seen you use it zedo) but there's a lot of other biases to consider when undertaking critical thinking activities too.

2560px-Cognitive_bias_codex_en_svg.thumb.png.bea1b0ef367ea00398be14e5dea220d3.png

2560px-Cognitive_bias_codex_en_svg.thumb.png.bea1b0ef367ea00398be14e5dea220d3.png

Edited by Cubism
Correcting bad grammar
  • Like 3

On 22/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, Zedo said:

or American frontline doctors. 

Oh shit.... They ain't reporting ANY science OR investigative reporting. They be grifting... 

America's Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) is an American conservative political organization. Affiliated with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin and publicly led by Simone Gold, the group is opposed to measures intended to control the COVID-19 pandemic, including lockdowns and vaccination, and have been accused of promoting misleading information related to the pandemic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Frontline_Doctors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

yikes at the wikipedia link :unsure: using cubisms guide to lend credibility to a 'scientific' media article, I feel this fails! I mean I know its not scientific media,but surely we can apply the same logic to an online encyclopedia?

Edited by 2XB

Fully vaxed as from today.  :)

• Like 2