The Corroboree
withdrawl clinic

covid 19 vaccination

1 hour ago, Change said:

Morning Cubisum

Thanks for your link, I had a look over it, and it appears to be referencing a different study from Benha University in Egypt. The link I provided is a meta-analysis, looking at “Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants” and to my currently knowledge it has not been discredited like the single paper that’s references in the “Guardian media” article you provided. So once again, the media and politicians are cheery picking studies to discredit each other’s studies in this stupid political football game that’s the mass media keeps brain washing the public with. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

This is precisely the point im trying to make, media outlets have become so tied up in this ridiculous political battle, that it becomes difficult for the regular citizen to look at the evidence from an independent perspective. While we keep debating this from the perspective of left versus right, we are just letting political morons control the response. We are 2.5 years into the pandemic at some point people will wake up and start blaming politicians miss management and lack of scientific integrity, rather then blaming the left or the right. Imagine if scientist received funding = to political salaries and donations, progress might actually be made.

The dodgy paper is mentioned at least twice in your meta-analysis. It accounts for I think 600 of your N of 3406 and is a preprint so not peer reviewed either. 

It's reference number 47 in your meta-analysis if that makes it easier for you.

Sure. I agree the politicians have fucked up, but blaming media, cherry picking and 'brain washing the public' isn't really great form if you're trying to press a point 'scientifically'.

Every paper has an agenda, meta-analysis or experimental. Even the most rigorous and highest quality research have to 'market' their findings to publishers. Sounds a bit like the general media right? And I am a firm supporter of good science too.

But, like I mentioned, check out Nick Brown and others like him. They are some of the folk at the heart of the fight against the replication crisis and dodgy data from psychology to biomed and more.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude. I'm just being objective.

• Like 3

On 15/07/2021 at 6:00 PM, -RC- said:

No-one here is wishing any ill will to anyone else

Have to admit that I harbour a fair bit of ill will to anti-vaxxers and anyone who subscribes to QAnon and its derivatives...

Morning Cubisum,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, you’re a clever human and ive always enjoyed reading your posts :) 

I look forward to continuing the chat another morning when ive had more than 3 hours sleep and ill be sure to check out Nick Brown.

But for now its time to pump some tunes and keep the good vibes rolling

Love to all :) 

PS, did anyone notice the size of the Diamond earings that "Gladys Berejiklian" wore during the press conference yesterday?

holy moly, those were some big rocks 

Edited by Change
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Change said:

PS, did anyone notice the size of the Diamond earings that "Gladys Berejiklian" wore during the press conference yesterday?

holy moly, those were some big rocks 

I thought they might of been aqua's or even sapphire. That ultra light blue is really nice in a gemstone.

But yeah if they were diamonds then DANG! That would be some pretty pricey earrings.

• Like 1

This is just an 'opinion' piece but it offers some very interesting commentary and insights into the politics behind the current anti covid- vaxxing phenomenon

With all due respect, opinion pieces like “Anti-vaxxer nurse dies of covid” hold relatively equal value to opinion pieces titled “Women dies from blood clot shortly after being vaccinated”. Its cherry-picking specific data points that support your team.  The Left and the Right have wasted enough of our time, its time to bring forth a new political paradigm, the scientific revolution.

When we decided to elect officials with science backgrounds rather than commerce backgrounds things will change. Until then we are stuck in a cycle of repetition where the wealthy elites continue to reap the benefits of having commerce leaders controlling policy development in their favour.

Time for Change

• Like 5

"Elect officials with science backgrounds".  Now you're fucking talking!  Only then will the human race go on to bigger and better things...

Edit: I tried to elect a surgeon as my local member last election but the other f-wits around here decided an ageing tennis player was more appropriate. :rolleyes:

Edited by SayN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Change said:

With all due respect, opinion pieces like “Anti-vaxxer nurse dies of covid” hold relatively equal value to opinion pieces titled “Women dies from blood clot shortly after being vaccinated”. Its cherry-picking specific data points that support your team.  The Left and the Right have wasted enough of our time, its time to bring forth a new political paradigm, the scientific revolution.

When we decided to elect officials with science backgrounds rather than commerce backgrounds things will change. Until then we are stuck in a cycle of repetition where the wealthy elites continue to reap the benefits of having commerce leaders controlling policy development in their favour.

Time for Change

Nothing wrong with opinion if it's based in fact rather than fallacy.

That one was more political commentary rather than the specific case of that nurse etc but anyway, it's certainly not meant to take the place of actual scientific information. HENCE THE BLOODY DISCLAIMER IN MY VERY FIRST LINE.

Hell, remember that you've expressed your 'opinion' here also. 

*** Yes some more OPINION, So please apply your brain and discression when considering this, or take it with a grain of salt etc, but please don't take this as scientific advice obviously, Bla Bla Bla  -disclaimer over... ***

An interesting look at some of the BS going on in the media around lockdowns and vaccinations. Some of which is leading directly to people fearing the vaccine and helping the spread.

I hope the Murdoch media is proud of their false messaging.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

7 hours ago, SayN said:

Edit: I tried to elect a surgeon as my local member last election but the other f-wits around here decided an ageing tennis player was more appropriate. :rolleyes:

Most surgeons I've ever had the "pleasure" of dealing with have been arrogant c**ts, and look down on us mere serfs as ATMs to extract money from. So they'd probably fit into politics like a lubricated glove.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Change said:

I think you'll find most politicians, especially high up, have lawyer a background, or plane old political careers. Scientists are easily bought just like any politician. Gov is there to keep classes separate and in check. If you go trying to mess with the rich they'll just pull the rug out from under the peasants feet, as they are doing now with lockdowns. Hardly any cases yet politicians and their "scientists", "health experts" are still carrying on with drama. I just find it all funny and a bit of a show.

As per OP..Gov is phasing out astrazenica anyway. Gee I wonder why...changing the name of the vaccine did sweet fuck all haha.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-23/gov-projects-little-need-for-astrazeneca-after-october-covid19/100239442

Covid is now an epidemic among the unvaccinated.

Morning Halcyon Daze,

Im sorry if you felt attacked by my comments, that was not my intention. I just wanted to point out these opinion pieces are bias towards their team. For example, this last opinion piece video you have posted featuring “Dr Gottlieb” from the board of directors of Pfizer is dripping with bias. Sure, Dr Gottlieb is a doctor, but all he does in that video is chat about his opinions and states a few unreferenced facts to support his claims. Real scientist present data (Results), discuss the methods used to collect the data (Materials and Methods) and discuss the interpretation of the data and the possible implications of the results being generated (Discussion). Then they publish it in journal, scientist don’t need the media to report their finding, media coverage doesn’t do anything for a scientist career, its all about publications and their impact factor. On the other hand, if your on the board of directors for a pharmaceutical company, you need the media to put out the messages that you want the public to hear, which is why Dr Gottlieb has time for media interviews, rather then being busy in the laboratory working on ground breaking medical research.

So, in regard to Buttstacks comments, yes scientist can be purchased just like politicians. But it simple to pick which scientist are working with an agenda rather then working towards generating independent data for interpretation, all you need to do is look at where their funding is coming from. Are they on a salary from a multinational pharmaceutical company or are they receiving grants from the “Australian Research Council” or similar independent research organisations.

Earlier in this thread I shared some opinions about how id like to see small RNA technologies being researched as treatments for covid infection, if your interested here is a summary of transcription and translation inhibitors being developed as cancer treatments, because RNA based viruses rely upon translation mechanisms to express their proteins, we could be using similar mechanisms to prevent serious covid infections from occurring. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fchem.2020.00276/full

And here is summary of Clinical Research thats’ been investigating microRNA technology as potential therapeutic agents https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6532434/ 

“Reject the system dictating the norms”

“Time for Change”

• Like 3

Ah sorry man, I'm just talking shit. It's been hitting our family with a lot of worries etc, so anyway, carry on  :) 

I feel for ya Halycon, this must be a really difficult time for families especially with members in vulnerable age groups or with pre-existing medical complications. I hope you can see im not attacking you personally, im attacking the media, and the polarity of this left versus right debate, because it’s distracting us all from making progress in their constant quest of political point scoring. We need to reject the system dictating the norms and replace it with an updated model designed to serve us.

It blows my mind reading some people commentary of the various state government responses. As if it demonstrates their political team are doing a superior job compared to the others. Its both confusing and sad to see people celebrating the miss management of the pandemic because it was done by their political opposition, and they would prefer to point the finger rather than have the problem solved. This is all the left versus right debate is, pointing the finger rather the offering realistic viable solutions. Politicians are not problems solvers, therefore expecting them to solve problems is redundant

Clearly both political teams are robbing us blind, and F***ing up the response, we are 2.5 years into this pandemic, and we still don’t have a clear solution in sight. All we have got, is some business leaders talking about what they are going to do to minimise the effect upon the economy.

Meanwhile the inequality continues to rise…. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-25/covid-19-pandemic-exacerbating-wealth-inequality/13089128

Then long covid only complicating this issue further

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-021-00984-7?fbclid=IwAR0aevXfZ5yfIFrlQl7jWveR7XaVUym6Prr4W57BXfd1xoVNKQY04-drC94

I’ve been worrying about this for a while, now take it with a grain of salt because this pre-print is yet to complete the peer review process, however it is suggesting corona virus can insert itself into your genome, which explains how “long covid” may function. If this is true, it really should have been taken into consideration well before we started designing vaccines and medications to control this novel viral infection and would be important to consider as it will most certainly affect results generated by PCR testing.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/coronavirus-may-sometimes-slip-its-genetic-material-human-chromosomes-what-does-mean

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.12.422516v1.full.pdf

Edited by Change
  • Like 4

VAERS - the official information from multiple governments around the world show the death and adverse reaction rate. Draw logical conclusions.

VAERS - the official information from multiple governments around the world show the death and adverse reaction rate. Draw logical conclusions.

• Like 2

Here's a spicy one, obviously it's political opinion but I certainly think they're right on the money with all the misinformation being disseminated by certain groups with vested interests. As usual apply your own personal discernment... 

Edited by Halcyon Daze

The Murdoch misinformation campaign is real, people...

Youtube Blocks Sky News Videos

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/03/six-videos-by-sky-news-australia-hosts-alan-jones-rowan-dean-and-rita-panahi-removed-from-youtube

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

^ anything that mutes Alan Jones has to be a good thing

• Like 3

Morning Gentlemen :P:wink:

What if i told you you can turn off your tv - What If I Told You | Meme  Generator

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02039-y

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01827-w

Animated sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

A computer simulation of the structure of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.Credit: Janet Iwasa, University of Utah

A hidden spike: A graphic showing the structure of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and its coating of glycans.

Source: Structural image from Lorenzo Casalino, Univ. California, San Diego (Ref. 1); Graphic: Nik Spencer/Nature

Life cycle of the pandemic coronavirus: Infographic showing how the virus enters, adapts and exits from host cells.

Animated sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus merging its membrane with a cell.

An animation of the way SARS-CoV-2 fuses with cells.Credit: Janet Iwasa, University of Utah

Syncytia obtained in cultured cells by expressing the Spike protein of Sars-CoV-2.

Fused cell structures (syncytia) seen in cells expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein (green).

Nuclei are in blue and the cell skeleton is in red.Credit: Mauro Giacca

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Change said:

Morning Gentlemen :P:wink:

What if i told you you can turn off your tv - What If I Told You | Meme  Generator

Dude, some of us have family members who have been put at significant risk with this massive misinformation campaign. So I'm trying not to laugh at your meme right now.  But yeah, it's deadly serious and killed hundreds of thousands in the US alone. Me turning off my TV won't do much to help stop this beast. Technically I don't even own a 'TV' but the scraps of Sky and Fox that I do come across are truly shocking in terms of what it's doing to enable this killer virus.

Remember Hitler rose to ultimate power through a powerful and carefully crafted propaganda campaign, and went on to kill millions. I'm sure many people DID just switch off the TV /radio and look how that turned out :(

Anyway.  I get that it was a bit of a joke but, yeah I wish people actually 'could' turn off all that BS. I think it's the social media that really allows the BS to spread like wild fire though, but with players like the Murdoch media pouring fuel on the fire it's a truly deadly combo.

Anyway I look forward to checking out those other awesome papers when I get a chance. Cheers :)

• Like 1

Perhaps 'you can turn off Facebook' would be more appropriate.  

I just want to write this to get it off my chest. While I haven’t been here and active for a fair while, trying to find people is hard. I literally have no close friends. Over my life every friend I had had gone for numerous reasons. Right now - I am literally internally scared as fuck with the state of Australia and the world.

how are you all feeling? At this stage I feel like how I imagine most do - aware but got no idea what to do about the problem staring us in the face. I try to see light at the end of the tunnel, and hope there’s a force that will resolve this. But as we go further and further I just am starting to lose hope that the collective can raise its consciousness in time to stop this episode of humanity. Strength comes in unity - and this whole thing is the separate and divide us all. How do we deal with all this.