Sign in to follow this  
Meditator

Bridge cactus disease! Help D:

Can anyone help me here?

image.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d874e5a788495a072be872abfc4655bf.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d874e5a788495a072be872abfc4655bf.jpg

• Like 1

That's unusual. Haven't seen that before. Looks like something has eaten it?

• Like 1

I have NEVER seen this, and I've seen a lot. :lol: I suspect it's from some kind of bug. Can you post some more pics? 

• Like 1

damage looks like someone has tried to remove the 'stem spot' from the infected area. otherwise it is a cranker type infection. 

• Like 1

It does not really look like a disease. Something appears to be eating your cactus. Try going out in the middle of the light with a flashlight and seeing what you can find. It might take several attempts.

• Like 1

I've had something similar to this which turned out to be a rat in the garden. Came back a few nights in a row. Yours looks like it could be mice. Maybe try  the old 'wine bottle over a bucket of water' trap. You may have a bit of a mouse plague and not know it.

9 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

I've had something similar to this which turned out to be a rat in the garden. Came back a few nights in a row. Yours looks like it could be mice. Maybe try  the old 'wine bottle over a bucket of water' trap. You may have a bit of a mouse plague and not know it.

I think all the recent wet weather has flushed a lot of rodents out. My cat has been bringing me at least one a week at the moment. Which would be fine if he didn't knock over a bunch of cactus pots in the process.

I wonder if a rodent would be either extremely hungry or unwell, in order to try San Pedro. 

• Like 1

I get those bright green little inch worms having a snack from time to time.  I don't have the heart to kill them, cute little fellas.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 2:49 PM, Evil Genius said:

I have NEVER seen this, and I've seen a lot. :lol: I suspect it's from some kind of bug. Can you post some more pics? 

Here you go

image.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f7e4fba552d92235c9579f75b85a1aaa.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f7e4fba552d92235c9579f75b85a1aaa.jpg