The Corroboree
Buttsack

Where's the legislation on caapi legality?

Torsten - Oh what? Just because you have the most successful and longest running ethnobotanical forum you think you know something about ethnobotanical forums? Can you even elaborate?

Buttsack, you seem really confident in your understanding of how forums work but perhaps you missed some basic things:

1)You ask a question and people give their responses

2)There's no obligation that you and participating members reach an agreement

3)The owner of the forum has no obligation to engage you with dialogue at your choosing

Why be hostile to those trying to help you with your question? You seem logic-driven yet this does not help you with your goal.

On 06/03/2021 at 6:39 AM, Torsten said:

Once again a perfect display of your ignorance.

Ummmm I think you need to do some dictionary reading to get the meaning of words. Asking a question is not ignorance. I never heard of any of the forums you mentioned, which isn't "hundreds"... and the one's I have known about for years still exist, so my comment still stands.

On 21/02/2021 at 7:31 AM, Buttsack said:

What forums are you talking about? There were never that many and the ones I have known about for years still exist.

Once you get a grasp on the meaning of words your ego tripping will likely subside somewhat.

On 06/03/2021 at 8:53 AM, Freakosystem said:

Torsten - Oh what? Just because you have the most successful and longest running ethnobotanical forum you think you know something about ethnobotanical forums? Can you even elaborate?

Buttsack, you seem really confident in your understanding of how forums work but perhaps you missed some basic things:

1)You ask a question and people give their responses

2)There's no obligation that you and participating members reach an agreement

3)The owner of the forum has no obligation to engage you with dialogue at your choosing

Why be hostile to those trying to help you with your question? You seem logic-driven yet this does not help you with your goal.

1,2 and 3 I've demonstrated understanding of in my comments, so I'm not sure what you're on about..

You wanna point out how it became apparent to you that I missed those thing?

Hostile? Can you please quote where I was hostile.

Oh and also please point out where someone was trying to help me with my question, coz that would involve someone actually answering it or at least trying to?

You gotta let this one go if you're planning on sticking around homie.

IMG_20210308_195011.thumb.jpg.620b73dbfa1ce5d02744b81377cbfdd5.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Glaukus said:

You gotta let this one go if you're planning on sticking around homie.

haha if that's how it works this isn't a place I'd wanna be sticking around, but it's clearly not how it works coz I'm still here. Forums need users to work and if you go banning everyone who asks questions that can't be answered it's a bit counterintuitive.

Amazing how there's all these comments but no one has been able to answer my question. Plenty of negativity being thrown towards me too which is like questioning a religious cults belief system then being stoned for it lol, what a joke.

On 11/02/2021 at 8:30 PM, Buttsack said:

It's also apparently been discussed plenty of times in the forums but I can't find anything stating legislation?

Can someone please please point me in the right direction to where legislation states caapi plant material is illegal?

Sometimes you've just got to Do It Yourself. 
Answer the question. Do the research. Enlighten us with the results. 

I think greater clarity on legal matters would be a good thing.
But this cause is poorly served by ad hominem asides.

On 09/03/2021 at 6:17 AM, fyzygy said:

Sometimes you've just got to Do It Yourself. 

Answer the question. Do the research. Enlighten us with the results. 

I think greater clarity on legal matters would be a good thing.

But this cause is poorly served by ad hominem asides.

Huh...I have hence asking the question, it's stated in my first post. If you need me to quote it for you let me know. 

Lol to tell someone to answer their own question that others can't answer is a bit far fetched, just nonsense really.

Yes yes greater clarity on legal matters would be a good thing hence my first post....

"But this cause is poorly served by ad hominem asides." Wanna clarify that?

I have already given him a full and complete answer with links and resources (via facebook). he's just too lazy to actually look them up. All he has to do i read the legislation that I provided him a link to. if he's too dumb to do so then he should not question other people's legal interpretations. if he's too lazy then no point providing more information. That's why I am not commenting on the question itself.

4 hours ago, Buttsack said:

"But this cause is poorly served by ad hominem asides." Wanna clarify that?

Excuse the Latin.

ad hominem1 (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining: [as adjective] :  an ad hominem response.

For a legal inquiry, there sure are a lot of personal pronouns flying about in this thread. (Nobody wins a flame war).

As for DIY research and answering one's own question -- I speak from experience.

this thread is an abomination. and some of the attitudes within really fly in the face of the spirit of this forum and the majority of its members.  the sooner you both grow up and move on the better.

B. caapi contains harmala alkaloids. The harmala alkaloids are listed in Australia's schedule 9 "prohibited substances", except in herbs containing less than 0.1 percent or in divided preparations containing 2 mg or less total harmala alkaloids per recommended daily dose for therapeutic use. See Australia's Poison Standard 2009. States in Australia may have additional regulations, e.g. Queensland lists harmaline and harmalol in "schedule 2: dangerous drugs" without any provision for low therapeutic doses: See Queensland's Drug Misuse Amendment Act 2008 (thanks z) (last updated Nov 22, 2009.)

from Erowid, via Google, 0.32 seconds. It's a starting point. And here's the 2019 Australian Poison Standard: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00032 ("no longer in force" makes me think it's been superseded by some other legal instrument, or by state/territory schedules). A little mystery for SWIM to solve. 

It could be there's no clear answer to the OP's question. This is what's called a "grey area." 

Edited by fyzygy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Torsten said:

I have already given him a full and complete answer with links and resources (via facebook). he's just too lazy to actually look them up. All he has to do i read the legislation that I provided him a link to. if he's too dumb to do so then he should not question other people's legal interpretations. if he's too lazy then no point providing more information. That's why I am not commenting on the question itself.

No you haven't. I asked more questions and you couldn't answer so you blocked me. So much negativity all for asking something you make it sound like you know so much about, what a sham. Forums are here for the benefit of everyone not just me, and I'm not the only one who can't answer my question, it's quite evident others can't either. So being the great leader you make out to be it'd be nice to share information rather than hoarding it while riding around on a high horse trying to put others down who question you.

12 hours ago, fyzygy said:

Excuse the Latin.

ad hominem1 (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining: [as adjective] :  an ad hominem response.

For a legal inquiry, there sure are a lot of personal pronouns flying about in this thread. (Nobody wins a flame war).

As for DIY research and answering one's own question -- I speak from experience. 

Yes I got the meaning but just didn't work so well in context to what you said.

Indeed it's gotten a bit ridiculous and off topic but I'm still here and happy to correct any wrong I have done. So I'm gunna take it that I haven't done anything out of place, just tried to get an answer to a question about a legal matter. If I'm wrong and have done something incorrect please let me know here.

8 hours ago, SayN said:

this thread is an abomination. and some of the attitudes within really fly in the face of the spirit of this forum and the majority of its members.  the sooner you both grow up and move on the better.

haha funny how sideways it's gotten, and no fault from me.

6 hours ago, fyzygy said:

It could be there's no clear answer to the OP's question. This is what's called a "grey area."  

Thank fuck for some reality finally. This is the result I came to that it's a grey area, but was shut down time and time again by Torsten with no explanation except for me being a "fact resistant idiot"..

And they all lived happily ever after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1