The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
withdrawl clinic

astronomy super meteor shower expected

hi!

the geminids shooting star shower could, put up a very good display this weekend!!:wub:

the best time to watch, might be sun 13 dec, 00h to mon 14 dec 04h.

no moon, hourly rate of 150 is expected, don't miss this.

radiant is located at the "twins" (castor & pollux) a zodiac sign, within the ecliptic. basicly look where the sun would be, if it would be day time.

enjoy, and hook up with your friends.

Geminids - Wikipedia

later edit: Meteor Activity Outlook for 5-11 December 2020 | IMO

Edited by withdrawl clinic
  • Like 3

woke up this morning around 4am and saw 10 meteors in 10min, than i went to bed again.

looks i will have bad weather...

I’m in central Western Australia at the moment. Last night was beautiful and clear with a crescent moon , I saw 3 shooting stars within 5 minutes.  Looking forward to tonight . 

clouds and a hazy sky, made observing the storm at my location a bit unsatisfactory.

still, i managed to count 12 in 10 min so not bad at all. one was bright enough to leave a trail.

1 hour ago, withdrawl clinic said:

clouds and a hazy sky, made observing the storm at my location a bit unsatisfactory.

still, i managed to count 12 in 10 min so not bad at all. one was bright enough to leave a trail.

Every single time there is some sort of event happening like this, my skies are ALWAYS cloudy. Bloody murphy.

2 hours ago, Glaukus said:

Every single time there is some sort of event happening like this, my skies are ALWAYS cloudy. Bloody murphy.

yep, murphy seems to have control, but than maybe rarely the skies open up to in an event, let's say a total solar, and this at, the right moment and we feel, special.

special = gods are with us, just a feeling.

Edited by withdrawl clinic