The Corroboree

Hi, a friend of mine asked me what i knew of Yowies.  Not that much beyond wiki, they seem to be mostly a central coast/ hinterland phenomenon.

Does anyone have a take on Yowies theyd like to share.  Myths, origins, dreamtime stories, opinions or otherwise.

image.thumb.png.82527ee3f7cb5cba60761b5a82093ca8.png

I absolutely love cryptozoology .  I have just finished reading a book called Raincoast Sasquatch by J.Robert.Alley.  Such a good read on the subject.  As far as Australia's version 

of a lost primate go's , The Yowie ,I havnt seen many books on it.  I heard a story along time ago about some Army guys who had set up camp in Queensland somewhere for a week of training. A few of them woke up in the middle of the night with an apparent Yowie running through the middle of them and basically trying to intimidate them. The guys that saw it swear it was a primate of some sort .  I'd love to read up a bit more about our version of the Sasquatch.

• Like 1

@El Presidente Hillbillios has a pretty good yowie story.

When I was little, I remember going to visit Rex Gilroy the cryptozoologist up in the blue mountains, and he had a collection of things like plaster casts of footprints etc. That was great fun when you're a 5 year old kid.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spice travler said:

Sunbow was here in oz when the big fires were on, he has the best perspective on yowie in my opinion.

http://scenicsasquatch.com/2021/09/07/global-emergency-last-word-to-the-silent-majority-by-sunbow/

Nice attempt at Trojan Horsing your anti vaxx bullshit into a completely unrelated thread. Contribute something worthwhile and vaguely on-topic or do us all a favour and just don't post anything at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 20/11/2020 at 4:23 AM, Humboldt said:

Hi, a friend of mine asked me what i knew of Yowies.  Not that much beyond wiki, they seem to be mostly a central coast/ hinterland phenomenon.

Does anyone have a take on Yowies theyd like to share.  Myths, origins, dreamtime stories, opinions or otherwise.

Yowie or Yahweh? ;)

On 20/11/2020 at 3:23 AM, Humboldt said:

Edited by Telestai