The Corroboree
andros88

Large Acacia Giveaway! (Moving House)

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on moving and unfortunately need to part with my lovely plants... I've got a few acacia varieties (about 1.5m+ tall) to give away:

1. 1x Acacia Floribunda

2. 1x Acacia Obtusifolia

3. 1x Acacia Acuminata (Narrow phyllode variety)

4. 1x Acacia Confusa

5. 1x Acacia Acuminata (Broad phyllode variety)

6. 1x Acacia Victoriae (bramble wattle) -  this one is smaller, like 0.5m tall

See below attached pics for what they look like - I can also PM more pics if you'd like.

Pick up south-west Sydney region. You'll need a large car, similar in size to a ute or a van for pickup.

Cheers! :)

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

IMG_7572.JPG

IMG_7537.thumb.JPG.756aa5d3cc89ce7f57f8d6aa1320f2f8.JPG

IMG_7577.thumb.JPG.e2b616a804c5c4f85bda8a2cfdc0087a.JPG

IMG_7572.thumb.JPG.1a5671e28bfa1861fcc8fa5b35b41cc3.JPG

IMG_7537.thumb.JPG.756aa5d3cc89ce7f57f8d6aa1320f2f8.JPG

IMG_7577.thumb.JPG.e2b616a804c5c4f85bda8a2cfdc0087a.JPG

IMG_7572.thumb.JPG.1a5671e28bfa1861fcc8fa5b35b41cc3.JPG

Edited by andros88
Almost all gone!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful trees! So precious! I would love to take them all but I'm directly on the opposite side of the planet. lol. I recently planted one of my confusa's outside (here in New York) and am praying it can survive the winter. But I'm rather discouraged right now after an unusually early frost. I hope yours find a more suitable clime.

• Like 1

Indeed they are gorgeous plants - and I've enjoyed watching them grow! Our confusa did well with no extra care this winter down to 1 degC in Sydney area, it can take quite a beating despite being common to the tropics :) I've found inoculating them really helps with their overall vigour and strength.

• Like 2

Hey @andros88 - do you still have any of these availabel? Floribunda is the one acacia I don't really have in my collection- and that one looks a little more like the wild type (longer, wider phyllodes with fluffier white flowers) than the less active domestic one that has short skinny phyllodes with shorter yellow flowers). Acacia Victoriae looks like an interesting species; not much on it in regards to tryptamines but the Nexus states "

Acacia victoriae is also important as chemicals extracted from this plant have been shown to have anti-cancer properties, and current research may lead to these anti-cancer agents being used in future for the treatment of human skin cancer and other malignancies of the gut and glands.

Australian pioneers roasted the seeds of Acacia victoriae to use in the making of a coffee substitute

I just moved house too (Newtown to Summer Hill) and it took 3 of us most of the day to move everything !!! It was well worth it though as everything is settling into the new place nicely now...got a nice courtyard area that the cacti love, as well as some garden bed with very rich soil (previous tenants grew vegetables in it) which the Caapi is taking to nicely - one side of the courtyard is permanently in shade as well which should suit the Sallys nicely... as well as maybe some Sub mycelium in winter :)

• Like 2

Hi @Flux - they're all still with me at the moment, I'm waiting for a member to come down from the Hunter region to collect what they can before assessing what's left! I'll update the list by the end of this week... Also have a nice 1m tall Acacia Simplex if you're interested.

And what a coincidence, I'm moving to a suburb next to Summer Hill! :) Got a nice spot in the ground for the 2 large courtiis (that I got from you from seed)! They're very strong and healthy, I'm so happy with them. :)

Edited by andros88

AH WOW-  that's so cool you're gonna be over this way ! - and that the seed came from me and awesome you've got a spot in the ground for them as they will absolutely take off with that kinda root room :) 

Funnily enough, I've actually also got a nice 1metre Simplex too (which is kinda rare in that not a lotta folks grow it). After a bit of a slow start, overall its grown really well since I got it from @Glaukus as a small seedling a few years back.

This is my biggest Courtii at the moment (I also have a 4-5 year old tree in the ground up north close to Courtii's naturally endemic home, but it never comes to visit lol)

Courtii - Xperiment.jpg

898097928_Courtii-Xperiment.thumb.jpg.30063b3a3c933103b5bf52b92f29dd9a.jpg

898097928_Courtii-Xperiment.thumb.jpg.30063b3a3c933103b5bf52b92f29dd9a.jpg

Definilty :) 

Hey! Yeah it's still available :) Pick up this weekend if possible as I'm moving next week :)