The Corroboree
niggles

Gov wants to dam the Channon gorge. Please help

So I'm just going to copy paste some info here. I'm pretty pissed after we just spent so long trying to save the area from bushfires they want to fuck it all with a massive dam. 

Would appreciate it if anyone would care to contact the peope listed in the submission guide and let them know its not OK. 

As you would likely be aware a large dam is proposed at The Channon & Dunoon. If this project goes ahead it will have a huge impact on wildlife including threatened species.  Part of what will be lost is lowland rainforest, remnant of The Big Scrub and habitat vital or many native species.
https://rous.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-KZG-22-16-87

If you feel you would like to make a submission we would encourage you to do so, I have attached the submission guide. Please note submission is due by latest 9th Sept.

The following are useful resources for a No Dunoon Dam submission and we have provided some wildlife and environmental key points below.
The online submission process is tick the relevant box with some open boxes at the end for comments.
There is a  facebook page (NO DAM at the Channon or Dunoon Info Page) with lots of easy to read info and a link to the proposal as well.

•             Destruction of endangered ecological community of lowland rainforest.
•             Loss of habitat for wildlife including many threatened species.
•             Disturbance to wildlife during the proposed construction period of 10 years.
•             Destruction of culturally significant indigenous sites.

SUBMISSION GUIDE - NO DAM AT THE CHANNON_DUNOON.pdf

IWCM_Development_Assessment_of_Augmentation_Scenarios.pdf

• Like 4