The Corroboree
Pedro99

Medicinal plants - wormwood

Hi guys just want to start off saying I love this community and I'm very grateful for all the information I've gained and for all the cool people on here.B) so thanks guys. 

I've been trying to source wormwood online for a bit now but every listing I've seen is labelled wormwood/mugwort and is actually the latter. They are different plants right!? 

I have seen one tiny cutting on eBay but it was way overpriced. 

It would be great to get in contact with someone who has a few different kind of medicinal plant so I could jump start things but any offers I'm happy with. 

My health has been dodgy for a while now and I hope I can get benefit from things that may help with digestive issues, nervous system issues, etc. 

There are so many plants out there with supposed medicinal value so I wasn't sure how to compile a list - most of the websites tell you it's all bs. 

I have unnamed bridgesii, B+ print, op green kat (very small seedlings 3-5cm) but can pay also.  Thank  you:)

Wormwood, mugwort same family but different plants (both are sacred to Artemis, hence their botanical family name). The "-wort" suffix designates a herb's traditional utility (either as food or medicine) -- so "common mugwort" (Artemesia vulgaris) is worth growing too. Many plants considered weeds -- stinging nettle, common mallow --- are actually healing herbs.

A textbook like Herbs & Natural Supplements (Lesley Braun) includes monographs on various herbs and supplements, presenting scientific evidence of efficacy in treating various ailments. It's available (recent edition in 2 volumes) via book4you.org. Consult the index to browse your symptoms, you'll have a list of herbal candidates in no time. 

200+ Artemesia absinthium (wormwood) seeds are currently available on eBay, $2.99 incl. postage. 

• Like 2

Thank fyzygy for the great information. I already have 3 mugworts going but it's the only "medicinal" plant I have. I'll read through the book you recommended!

Bro:

https://herbs-to-use.com/

Nambour mate. They've got heaps of stuff, mostly seedlings, but seeds as well :wink:

35 minutes ago, Responsible Choice said:

Bro:

https://herbs-to-use.com/

Nambour mate. They've got heaps of stuff, mostly seedlings, but seeds as well :wink:

Oh! awesome bro.. coming through with the goods. Thanks!

I seen bunnies selling wormwood in the garden section. They seem to have a lot more plants since people bought everything start of the year.