The Corroboree
onyeka

Wanted Catha edulis seeds.

Hi ladies and gentlemen. Following my relationship break up my former other half threw out my seed collection. What hurt me was I had different strains of catha edulis seeds. 

I Know I may never be able to get any of these strains in seeds again or if I can it will just be difficult.

I had red, green, narrow, and only approx 4 planthelper f2. 

My long term plan was to try and make some interesting crosses with these seeds that I had painstakingly cleaned under a magnifying glass and stored them in labeled ziplock plastic baggies in  a refrigerator. I was cleaning an area to work on getting the crossbreds when my relationship broke down and I became homeless sleeping on friends sofas or in my car

I have managed to get a small place of my own again with a small balcony so I try and my crossbred experiment going again and I hope to have some new strains to distribute here in sab.

I need help with obtaining different strains of catha edulis . If anyone can help me then please DM me. 

Much appreciated

Onyeka

I have a heap of seeds on the way. I'll let ya know when I have some ready, maybe a few weeks. Not 100% sure of the strain, white or red, but will investigate more.

Hi mate, that would be awesome and I really appreciate your help. :lol:

There's a huge old specimen at my folks' place, the red variety. I can probably source some seed from them (interstate) -- what time of year are seeds produced? I tried germinating some a few years back, with zero success -- but my seeds were sitting in a desk drawer for a long time, about a year or so. I can definitely spare a potted cutting of this variety, if that helps. 

Hi fyzgy, that would be awesome but you say it's on the interstate? I was wouldn't want you to get in trouble or injured. Yes I think storing in a drawer is not good. I store my seeds in a refrigerator. It keeps them viable for years. I used to germination test my seeds on a yearly process. Safe to say this process of seed storage works and even keep gardens use this principal.  There is somewhere where it freezes year round that have seeds from all over the world stored in case that species becomes under threat of extension they can bring it back.

Onyeka