The Corroboree
don juan

Narrow leaf catha

Searching for a narrow leaf khat plant cutting or seed cheers only pure narrow leaf no mixed variant 

On 12/07/2020 at 12:18 PM, don juan said:

Searching for a narrow leaf khat plant cutting or seed cheers only pure narrow leaf no mixed variant 

the mixed variants are, though etreeeemly rare, hehehe.

the nl, is plentyfull, but only in oz!!

Is this planthelper?

Yeah planthelper is a mixed strain.

Sorry to just jumping in on your post but I desperately need some catha seeds Aswel 6because following my relationship break down my ex threw my seed collection away. If anyone has any  strains of catha seeds please DM me. Much respect. 

Onyeka

On 13/07/2020 at 2:58 PM, withdrawl clinic said:

the mixed variants are, though etreeeemly rare, hehehe.

the nl, is plentyfull, but only in oz!!

no they not.  PH red narrow leaf has been around for years and peeps have been growing  seed from this cross, resulting in many new types. best to get your seed stable before selling/giiveway.  cloning is the best option

21 hours ago, oncewhywechange said:

no they not.  PH red narrow leaf has been around for years and peeps have been growing  seed from this cross, resulting in many new types. best to get your seed stable before selling/giiveway.  cloning is the best option

Preaching to the choir there mate lol.

On 05/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, ENtiTY said:

Preaching to the choir there mate lol.

On 04/08/2020 at 9:30 PM, oncewhywechange said:

yeah, i was lucky to produce some good catha seed, and giving them away, in quantity! :)

many of us got lots of different qat, in the garden, so suckers (for NL) or cuttings are the way to go, seed's are to varied, since i'm around.

although i'm ph, i got no ph, i culled this strain.

got nl, red, nl red, semi nl red.

broad leaved catha is an easy cutting,

narrow leaved not, use suckers instead..

22 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

yeah, i was lucky to produce some good catha seed, and giving them away, in quantity! :)

many of us got lots of different qat, in the garden, so suckers (for NL) or cuttings are the way to go, seed's are to varied, since i'm around.

although i'm ph, i got no ph, i culled this strain.

got nl, red, nl red, semi nl red.

broad leaved catha is an easy cutting,

narrow leaved not, use suckers instead..

why cull ph?  Its a good strain

On 30/08/2020 at 3:20 PM, oncewhywechange said:

why cull ph?  Its a good strain

it grew too fast and big.

and i wanted other people to, be the "sole lord" of this plant and not me.

• Like 2

Hey withdrawl clinic, how did you ensure against self pollination? And what was your technique/ approach to making the PH cross? I think I'll be able to do some hybridizing myself this year. Any tips greatly appreciated. cheers mate :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze

On 02/09/2020 at 9:00 PM, Halcyon Daze said:

Hey withdrawl clinic, how did you ensure against self pollination? And what was your technique/ approach to making the PH cross? I think I'll be able to do some hybridizing myself this year. Any tips greatly appreciated. cheers mate :)

i avoided self pollination, by removing the pollen organs, and after applying the foraing pollen sealed the flower, with a plastic bag.

i have posted about this here at sab in great detail, but sure can't find those old posts...

i never manged to do this again, as you need a steady hand and good eyesight, both i lack now, with my age.

• Like 1

So you never had success with cuttings of the NL? I just made a tubs worth as I needed to trim it anyway. I used hardwood red clonex. The cuttings still all look fresh, but I imagine rooting might take a long time if at all...we will see and report back.

Edited by Glaukus
Spelling

22 hours ago, Glaukus said:

So you never had success with cuttings of the NL? I just made a tubs worth as I needed to trim it anyway. I used hardwood red clonex. The cuttings still all look fresh, but I imagine rooting might take a long time if at all...we will see and report back.

thats not what, i said. i have as well produced tons of nl cuttings.

i answered the principle many times, so forgive me i'm brief.

all the broad leaves, are easy cuttings, and we choose cutting material, which displays a leaf arrangement which resemles a spiral staircase.

the nl's we try to as well use cuttings where the leaves are produced in this configeration. problem is the nl's stop doing leaves that way once they get older.

you can give them a strong prune and it's likely, the fresh shoots will, produce spiral staircase leaf growth.

if you got a nl seedling or young sucker there of, again it's an easy cutting.

which hormone you use, is not a factor!

i kingdom for who finds my old post regarding this...

Edited by withdrawl clinic
  • Like 1