The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Flux

Looking for Mods to help on Facebook group about Australian psychoactive plants

Hey SAB folks,

Does anyone here fancy moderating a Facebook group with me? - I inherited it a few years ago from someone who has now pulled out and left me as the only Admin/Mod (just added 1 other person as Moderator). It has potential to be a good community resource, but with all the Fb fuckery at the moment (loads of dodgy vendors trying to peddle their wares, scam others or quite possibly these are entrapment ruses). As I have other pages that are a priority for my attention and time - I have pretty much been ignoring this group (there are 100s of members waiting approval), so could really use the help catching up and keeping an eye on it going forward. 

Experience as an admin or moderator in other Fb groups/online forums would be the main pre-requisite - as well as a good knowledge of Australian ethnobotany and/or psychoactive plants in general. 
The page is primarily about the identification of Australian Psychoactive plants such as native Acacia and Psilocybe species (as well as any other ethnobotanical species that grow here) and general discussion of their properties, experiential effects and cultural significance'.
Message me here if you are keen and/or want to ask questions,

cheers,

Flux 

• Like 2

Hey Buddy,

It's important to support each other with projects like this, I hope you find someone. 

On 11/07/2020 at 11:09 AM, Flux said:

Hey SAB folks,

Does anyone here fancy moderating a Facebook group with me? - I inherited it a few years ago from someone who has now pulled out and left me as the only Admin/Mod (just added 1 other person as Moderator). It has potential to be a good community resource, but with all the Fb fuckery at the moment (loads of dodgy vendors trying to peddle their wares, scam others or quite possibly these are entrapment ruses). 

i hope you find somebody, moderating is not for the faint hearted, even if you try your best, you will sooner or later get attact.

and regarding doogy vendors, what's it called i guess e bay, where people use my old nickname to sell shit.

they stole my good reputation, and fucked it up, rant over....

yes, so moderating is not an easy job, but i might give you a few tips in this thread, once they crossed my mind.

a good mod, never takes action, right away, unless the circumstanced need according action...

give yourself time, to think it over, and give every party involved the same recognition...

word everything, so you get your point thru without offending....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

a good mod, never takes action, right away, unless the circumstanced need according action...

give yourself time, to think it over, and give every party involved the same recognition...

word everything, so you get your point thru without offending....

Yeh, patience and diplomacy are definitely key attributes...I'm usually pretty calm and considered in my responses having moderated about 6 or more Fb pages/groups and a global forum...but there seems to be an increasing element of laziness at the moment with people expecting knowledge and answers (or substances) to be handed to them on a plate by asking randoms on Facebook without even using Google as a first point of call. Just look at all the DMT pages that exist now, where only 5 years ago The Nexus was really it - and it still remains one of the most comprehensive sources of information on the subject with decades of personal research, assays, investigations, experiments, etc recorded and aggregated there. Kids these days lol :).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Flux said:

19 hours ago, Flux said:

...but there seems to be an increasing element of laziness at the moment with people expecting knowledge and answers (or substances) to be handed to them on a plate by asking randoms on Facebook without even using Google as a first point of call. Just look at all the DMT pages that exist now, where only 5 years ago The Nexus was really it - and it still remains one of the most comprehensive sources of information on the subject with decades of personal research, assays, investigations, experiments, etc recorded and aggregated there. Kids these days lol :).

yeah, the "wanting to be spoon fed", is a common thing, for a while here at sab, it was fashion to say, use the search engine first.

which is, something one doesn't think off, when excited to post an idea.

there are always opposing forces at hand, for example the opposite energy of, "use the search engine first", is a slow forum with not many new post's, than suddenly people are willing to go over things, which have been discussed many times.

there is a lot of dmt stuff, even here at sab, but they are very old posts. most forums we debated dmt, have ceased to excist, sorry to say.