The Corroboree
Darklight

Getting older microscopes professionally cleaned?

I've got an old Olympus ECEBi microscope and I love the damn thing. However it's a little dusty inside, and I'd like to do some spore identification with it, so I need crisp vision at high magnification

A few mates have the same base model or a variant thereof. They were super common back in the day

Yep, they're from the 70s or something, but they're well made. I love well made things :)

Having trouble finding someone who will clean it- not just the outer, but the gubbins inside, which seems dusty

Have spoken to a few professionals about it who have said it's a fair bet they're not worth looking at, and the average hourly rate ( including part thereof ) for a professional clean is about $200 an hour- that would also cover the evaluation, even if no work was done

Bit lost with what to do about this. I'd also like professional advice on storing the damn thing so it doesn't suffer from fungus, which seems to  get into a lot of scopes in NNSW

Anyone have actual experience with getting this done? Not just links- but actual experience?