The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tassiescott

Going going gone

Question

6 answers to this question

Hey mate, these belong into the Trichocereus spachianus group. There's quite a few forms and related species that belong to it. I don't think it's the well known Trichocereus spachianus clone that's around, but it's certainly close to it. Please post flower photos when it flowers. Bye Eg

• Like 1

Thanks mate, i had been admiring this plant for many years. It is nice to have a name for it. I will post some pics when it flowers, i visit it every couple of months.

It's because folk keep stealing from the botanical gardens... 10 years ago it was a glorious cacti house and had a fine trich (any other species) collection. 

The TBM you can hardly recognize as any pup gets knocked off it immediately. (in raised bed behind it) 

Was down in December and was sad to see how bad the cacti collection has become. 

PS-have this in collection and yes it was authorised by staff at the time:wink:the thing was huge when under glass. 

Edited by waterboy 2.0

I really miss the glass house.  It’s really sad, because cacti have  gone full cycle and are popular again now. Bet they regret ruining it. 

Hey waterboy, makes me sorry i posted this thread as no doubt the cunts will come out again. I am glad i have left it alone. I have just ordered some seeds as i want one of my own. Mods please delete thread.