The Corroboree
Acacia

Meet up: Virtual [Encrypted through Jitsi meet]

I've had a few requests to run another online meet. The first one wasn't awfully successful, but I didn't give much notice. Hoping more people show up to this one. We will use jitsi meet, a secure and encrypted video conferencing platform -> https://meet.jit.si/

Date: 31/5/2020 (EDITED)
Time: 9 PM, EST

Open to: All SAB members

Link: https://meet.jit.si/ShamanAustralis

_M5A8900.jpg

IMGL8160.jpg

_M5A9047.jpg

_M5A8900.thumb.jpg.69166adf2fd517afb009333c1e307ee3.jpg

IMGL8160.thumb.jpg.ed1789f92604fc7f978dad18e4b1fda4.jpg

_M5A9047.thumb.jpg.310205df76e3fe40622e14ec33ef43a4.jpg

_M5A8900.thumb.jpg.69166adf2fd517afb009333c1e307ee3.jpg

IMGL8160.thumb.jpg.ed1789f92604fc7f978dad18e4b1fda4.jpg

_M5A9047.thumb.jpg.310205df76e3fe40622e14ec33ef43a4.jpg

Edited by Acacia
  • Like 5

DATE CHANGE: 

Had to change this to the 31st rather than the 1st due to a sudden change in plans. Hope you can all make it! This Sunday, 9PM EST.

• Like 1

how did this one go acacia? 

1 hour ago, DJ-MC said:

how did this one go acacia? 

It was pretty fun. Spoke to Cimi for quite a while and shared vid feeds of our plant collections. We had a couple of lurkers join us and just hang around silently, another character I forget the name of chilled a while and my gf jumped on to chat for a bit. 

I'd like to run another, but unsure how to get a better turn out. 

11 minutes ago, Acacia said:

It was pretty fun. Spoke to Cimi for quite a while and shared vid feeds of our plant collections. We had a couple of lurkers join us and just hang around silently, another character I forget the name of chilled a while and my gf jumped on to chat for a bit. 

I'd like to run another, but unsure how to get a better turn out. 

wicked was so bummed I couldnt make it and the last one was empty when I rocked up.

tricky audience to reach out to. alot of people around were raised before the integration of technology started so still hold alot of fear of the www because of understanding computers from a user level.

alot of people I know are flat out scared of open sourced software simply because they get the impression it's open season on their data, I remember you saying your studying IT if you make a digital set of guidelines or tips and tricks for using encryption properly maybe it would be helpful for people stuck in a fearful mindset around internet privacy. There is nothing that seems more comforting than a simple user friendly program that is nothing more than an instruction manual like the way early apple OS settings were layed out.

• Like 1