The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DJ-MC

madness, meds understanding the process of healing after involuntary treatment with psychiatrics

_woosh_

Edited by DJ-MC

2 weeks in no response time to suss out whats goin on here...

was it my delivery? lack of people relating to the experience? this forum has only a couple of valuable members left that bother with it?

I don't wanna sound like a dick but I'm sincerely asking for some help here and unless im completely off the mark regards the level of empathic awareness of the community or if some of my previous delusions surrounding social dynamics and petty functioning as a whole turn out to be true then there has to be something im missing!

then again the more I try and reach out the more my gut tells me to just to focus on the work.

If anyone that has personal experience in these kind of cirumstances or are currently working or studying in any related field PLZ either pm me or post here.

Hey DJ,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time. I don’t want to assume I know what you’re going through, but I do know anecdotally of a few people who have struggled with mental health issues that seem to have been exacerbated by intensive use of psychedelics. I think drawing your attention to the benefits of the experience, rather than the harms, might be a good way of getting something of value from it. Writing things down can be a good way to start this process, and if you’re comfortable sharing these reflections here or elsewhere it gives other people an opportunity to learn from your experience. Maybe readers will have some insights and support for you too :)

• Thanks 1

On 18/05/2020 at 10:23 AM, Wile E. Peyote said:

Hey DJ,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time. I don’t want to assume I know what you’re going through, but I do know anecdotally of a few people who have struggled with mental health issues that seem to have been exacerbated by intensive use of psychedelics. I think drawing your attention to the benefits of the experience, rather than the harms, might be a good way of getting something of value from it. Writing things down can be a good way to start this process, and if you’re comfortable sharing these reflections here or elsewhere it gives other people an opportunity to learn from your experience. Maybe readers will have some insights and support for you too :)

I may have worded and structured the post poorly as your the 2rd person now ( have posted this a few places ) to assume previous mental health problems being exacerbated by the large dose, I mean I got trolley polled when I was 17 and suffered a lil ptsd but that doesnt really correlate with this experience.

The main intention of this post is highlighted in the 3 question mark points.

Pschedelics have been a valuable tool in maintaining a postive outlook and slowly helping to work towards a better quality of life sine the involuntary medication of almost 5 yrs total.

One of the issues with sourcing info from public forums is alot of the dogma that psychiatry reinforces is to easily being accepted ( general reference )

Thanks for your response but going off the feedback so far from here and othe forums/facebook groups I just need to work on the delivery as most responses dont seem to be relevant to the point of the post but more or so interested in reading into the context and making a summary from that.

Edited by DJ-MC

So your intention is to answer these questions?

'I wonder what kind of damage was done from these meds? what are the mechanics behind this process of healing?'

If so, specifying the type of medication is probably a good place to start.

23 hours ago, Wile E. Peyote said:

So your intention is to answer these questions?

'I wonder what kind of damage was done from these meds? what are the mechanics behind this process of healing?'

If so, specifying the type of medication is probably a good place to start.

those are 2 yeah, thanks for engaging man but I think I'm gunna scrap this pursuit for now