The Corroboree
Cimi

Happy COVID Party 2020

Edited by Humboldt
Wrong spot

Hey mates. Let's share stories of how COVID / isolation has impacted us, and ideas of things which have helped.

I've been enjoying hermit life, getting into my cooking more. All round good times for connecting with the garden more, dressing like a dag and not caring, fixing my shoes, living frugal. Living by life's natural rhythms rather than having to be here or there at a certain time, no deadlines, no man-made shit.

Just kind of getting used to the idea that coasting and taking time to do nothing is ok, and reinforcing that we have just been conditioned to think and feel the opposite. Feeling content with what is, appreciating that I have a home, food and warmth, caring for animals. It's sometimes nice just staying home all the time is now ok to do.

Edited by Cimi

I've had a similar experience. Intense lethargy for a few months followed by the spark of inspiration to use this period of turmoil to get my plan for success into gear, independently of societal expectation or dictate. Thinking long and hard about how I can stay safe and attain a greater level of self-sufficiency, going through all that angst and guilt of having nothing to do as such, or nowhere to go, then realising that we are more or less all experiencing that. Online communication has been very welcome as it's allowed me to keep a constant dialog up with friends as this weirdness has unfolded.

The hermit's life for me it is. I posted here ages ago about peoples' monastic aspirations from memory, and got a couple of replies.. Well, the Lord hath willed it so, and it has struck me with some ferocity that I've wished so hard for so long that the world would leave me alone, and well... Here I am! Lots of philosophy, lots of reading, lots of time startled by the sudden apparent stillness followed by the narrowing in of the senses on the natural order continuing unabated and unobscured by the usual racket of traffic and human activity.

I've decided to check in with you lot a bit more as well, as it's so relevant to my interests and I think the forum could see a resurgence come Spring as so many people have been housebound for so long that ripping into the garden with a vengeance and sharing the journey might seem like a grand idea. I've definitely under-utilised the forum so I aim on being a bit more active and constructive as the year goes on. Definitely got some crazy ideas to share and many things to learn. Might also help me achieve some of those goals as admittedly, the spirit is willing yet the flesh weak... or has been as of late. It helps knowing that people are keen to see what's going on (I've been upgrading my music studio in a pretty epic way and my friends have carried me through times of weakness with their incessant demands for updates, I could see a similar scenario here for a lot of people if the level of overall activity starts to kick off.)

• Like 3